Miracle of Sound: Sovngarde Song (Skyrim)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
BaronUberstein said:
Sadly, I could not enjoy this song to it's fullest as it's a dirty Pro-stormcloak song. :p

FOR THE EMPIRE!
It's actually politically neutral and about Dragonborn and his Thu'um ;)

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
BaronUberstein said:
Sadly, I could not enjoy this song to it's fullest as it's a dirty Pro-stormcloak song. :p

FOR THE EMPIRE!
But the video was filled with the killing of Imperials. <___<

I'll have to re-listen/watch when I'm not playing Skyrim. :p

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
For our hearts they are hardy, our spirits are strong, and our voices are lifted into this Sovngarde song.
Truly Epic. I was listening to this during a long drive and couldn't help singing along, even when I didn't know the words.

godofslack

May 8, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
BaronUberstein said:

FOR THE EMPIRE!
It's pretty much about the Stormcloaks.
"These men of the north they have suffered too long
The anger it swells in their veins
Of the spirited roars of lost warriors' songs
Distant echoes are all that remain"
It's specific mention to the Nord's suffering after Talos worship became illegal.

"Breaking the bonds of surrender
Under the moon for our home we will fight"
Breaking the White-Gold Concordat for Skyrim.

And of course the reference to sons of the snow, similar to the Stormcloak's self-name the true sons and daughters of Skyrim.

Of course I sided with the imperials because I don't think a religion is worth dying over, especially when all you have to say is that you don't believe in it to a couple elves (which sort of stick out).

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
godofslack said:

And of course the reference to sons of the snow, similar to the Stormcloak's self-name the true sons and daughters of Skyrim.
Pretty sure I know what my own song is about bro.

godofslack

May 8, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
godofslack said:

I totally didn't even read your name. But, it's pretty undeniable those things have mention to the Stormcloaks.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
godofslack said:
MiracleOfSound said:
godofslack said:

I totally didn't even read your name. But, it's pretty undeniable those things have mention to the Stormcloaks.
No, they have mention the the Nords... the song itself is simply descriptive, it isn't taking a side, just describing the general Nord spirit and way of life throughout history. The Stormcloaks indeed claim to be maintaining that spirit but most people know the situation isn't that black and white... just like the song ;)

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Coming back to the song because i noticed something funny.

Gavin, you KNOW you did good when people thinking of skyrim think of this song before they think of the actual songs in skyrim.

I was humming this all day and told my friend i was humming the skyrim theme...then i paused and went wait a minute no i'm not lol.

LinwoodElrich

Dec 1, 2009
Ok so I'm always late to post comments on videos but seriously.... Never stop doing these lol, never. So... awesome. Can't stop listening to this one xD

phantom495

May 8, 2012
took an arrow to the knee the other day,
dont know if il recover,
gunna have to give up adventuring,
mabye ill get a job as one of the gate gaurds.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Ermergerd the high-quality bandcamp version sounds incredible. Could the Escapist ever host that sort of audio quality?

EDIT: Onto The New Black Gold now. Holy ballsacks this is good. Are these different versions or is there really that much difference in quality?