Miracle of Sound: Sovngarde Song (Skyrim)

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
JesterRaiin said:
...still, you could use more of that :
Nah. This one was aimed at everyone, not just the the metal fans.
Vikings choir is always relevant, no matter what genre. Even brostep is much better with some sad, pesimistic howls. ;)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
anian said:
unlike most of your stuff which is very close to speed metal etc. which I don't normally listen to
Please do your research before making statements like that.

This year alone I've made country, jazz ballad, hard rock, ambient, grindhouse rock, eastern world music, electro pop, industrial, pop-rock, rave, disco, blues, orchestral, dance, even tropical marimba music.

Only 5 or 6 of my songs this year are anything even remotely resembling metal, and the only one that could in any way shape or form be thought of as speed metal would be 'Duke You Used To Be Cool'.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
JesterRaiin said:
MiracleOfSound said:
JesterRaiin said:
Vikings choir is always relevant, no matter what genre. Even brostep is much better with some sad, pesimistic howls. ;)
Funnily enough. Bathory was one of the bands I used as influence for the vocal melodies... next Skyrim song will prob cater to the metalheads more ;)

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
JesterRaiin said:
MiracleOfSound said:
JesterRaiin said:
Funnily enough. Bathory was one of the bands I used as influence for the vocal melodies... next Skyrim song will prob cater to the metalheads more ;)
Next Skyrim song ? For Metals ?

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/10/128812113307326062.jpg

;)

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I can't stop listening to this, I want it on iTunes, now. It will probably even catch up on Normanday on plays which is currently sitting at the top of my 'Top 25 most played' playlist with 144 plays.

There needs to be a mod that makes this song the in-game battle music!

anian

Sep 10, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Please do your research before making statements like that.

This year alone I've made country, jazz ballad, hard rock, ambient, grindhouse rock, eastern world music, electro pop, industrial, pop-rock, rave, disco, blues, orchestral, dance, even tropical marimba music.

Only 5 or 6 of my songs this year are anything even remotely resembling metal, and the only one that could in any way shape or form be thought of as speed metal would be 'Duke You Used To Be Cool'.
First of all, I kind thought I elaborated my comment further in the post. I do admit that saying 90% was a bit of an exaggeration, I apologize for that.
The point was more of a that I find, again this personal preference and this doesn't mean I find songs to be "bad" or badly produced or similar judgment of quality nor that I am fully qualified to determine that since I am neither a trained or educated musician, majority of your songs make me feel like they're very similar to other songs I heard from you, but in a different genre.

Second, and this kind of hard discuss, but is tropical marimba example of Zombie holiday? If so, that song is more a mix of genres is it not? And you do mix genres quite often (again not a bad thing), but, again, some of those genres I don't like. If somebody says that a certain song is awesome, I think I have the right to say I didn't like the style it was made in.

Thirdly, and most important I think, I realise that I make up a minority with my opinon, so just keep doing what you're doing, and hey, you make tributes to video games and work hard, I can't say anything really negative about that and I thought I didn't, sorry you felt differntly.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
anian said:
[
Thirdly, and most important I think, I realise that I make up a minority with my opinon, so just keep doing what you're doing, and hey, you make tributes to video games and work hard, I can't say anything really negative about that and I thought I didn't, sorry you felt differntly.
No no, that's perfectly fine with me. ;) No problem at all with people not being a fan of a particular genre I attempt or even not liking particular songs. My argument with you was exclusively to do with branding most of my work as metal when it is generally not.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
I listened once and thought "yeah that was okay" then forgot about it. Or so I thought, 2 days later its still stuck in my head and I can't get enough. I'm off to buy the album now.

Oh and if this could somehow make it to the Rock Band Network that would be plain amazing. Seems like a long shot but I'd love it.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Yup, best song you've ever done dude. (well this and Little sister.) I particularly liked the choice of chords, because when it all kicks in, it's not that complex, but it all comes together wonderfully.

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Currently downloading LEVEL 1 - The 2011 Collection off bandcamp (both flac and mp3 version) and damn $10 for all those songs?! Best deal ever!

Though I was wondering, is there any particular reason for the way the songs are ordered on the bandcamp site?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Wieke said:
Currently downloading LEVEL 1 - The 2011 Collection off bandcamp (both flac and mp3 version) and damn $10 for all those songs?! Best deal ever!

Though I was wondering, is there any particular reason for the way the songs are ordered on the bandcamp site?
You may not be able to listen to that until midnight, release date is Dec 21st so don't panic if it won't let you play it!

Also, I ordered the songs in the order I just felt flowed nicely, as well as putting the most popular songs first :)

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Wieke said:

You may not be able to listen to that until midnight, release date is Dec 21st so don't panic if it won't let you play it!

Also, I ordered the songs in the order I just felt flowed nicely, as well as putting the most popular songs first :)
Well I was allowed to download them immediately and there is nothing preventing me form playing drm-less mp3 and flac files. Tried them and they work (well the first couple of them do).

Mmmm, only 80 minutes on a normal audio cd, it going to be though determining which ones to put on it and which ones not.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Wieke said:
Well I was allowed to download them immediately and there is nothing preventing me form playing drm-less mp3 and flac files. Tried them and they work (well the first couple of them do).

Mmmm, only 80 minutes on a normal audio cd, it going to be though determining which ones to put on it and which ones not.
Hmm that's odd. I set the release date for tomorrow. Oh well!

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
I was able to get them yesterday as well, I haven't really listened to all of them yet but there's some really fantastic variety in there. That said my favourites so far are the obvious ones, Commander Shepard, Normandy, The New Black Gold, Mining All Day Long, Gordon Freeman Saved my Life, Redemption Song and Wheatley's Song.

VectorZero

Apr 15, 2010
Yeah, listened to the whole thing several times over before the 21st.

BTW, it makes a great running mix.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
I'm not quite sure if this is quite my favorite but it's definitely the one I've listened to the most.

Really like the phases it goes through, each of which manages to maintain a healthy dose of Skyrim.

One very minor not-quite-disappointment is that third "Sovngarde Song~" you call out at the end of the second phase not being screamed. Just seemed like something I was really expecting to happen when listening to it.