Miracle of Sound: The New Black Gold (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Great job Miracle.
The song fit the game perfectly, and the lyrics were amazing.
Plus, the music work was well done. I look forward to this coming out on iTunes, and the next CD.
Slycne said:
Avaholic03 said:
Great song, fit the atmosphere of the game quite well. But I didn't recognize some of that footage. Was that some of the pre-release stuff?
Yeah, I ended up using a fair bit of trailer footage for this one. The songs mood and lyrics seemed much more focused on the setting and Jensen coming to cope with his argumentation than on the gameplay, and I was able to pull some better visuals from there than the footage I captured.
You did a great job. One of the best videos so far, fit the song really well.

Also, Why don't you guys do commercials? The last couple of songs have made me want to go out and buy/replay the game that moment.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Disaster Button said:
Petty complaint - you didn't pronounce the first c in electric very clearly. Really petty complaint.
Search my ele-tric soul! (sic) :D

phoenixbeast said:
Must you make picking a favorite out of all your songs so difficult? Not that I'm complaining, but seriously, another great song week after week makes it difficult to wait for the next!
I feel the same. I can never really pick my favourites... BUT the next song that's coming is my favourite of my gaming songs and has been since I made it 3 months ago ;)

TimeLord said:
Beautiful video, loved the gold "The Escapist" starting animation!

Beautiful song!
You can thank Justin Clouse for that awesome visual effect - it blew my socks off when I saw it!

Irridium said:
Amazing. Simply amazing. I wish I could say more, but damn, this was awesome.

Think it might be my new favorite. Didn't think anything could top Wheatly's Song for me.
<3 Thanks Riddy

Sonicron said:
If there's anything I would have done differently... I probably would have tweaked the chorus to end on a minor chord instead of a major one; especially that bridge between verse and chorus set me up for a decidedly oppressive overtone, rather than the (imo) vaguely upbeat one it turned out to be.
But in the end, that may just be my faible for melancholy soundscapes talking. I still think this is your best song yet. :D
I hear you, thing is I'm utterly addicted to that chord sequence, the Em, D, A, or Bm, A, E - it sounds dreamy to me :D

Stilkon

Feb 19, 2011
I love how this perfectly captures the feel of Deus Ex's soundtrack. Very thoughtful lyrics, very cool melodies and harmonies. Well done, sir.

colostomizer

Jun 7, 2011
When I saw this one was about DE:HR, I thought "please, please, please let it be a good song..."
I should'a known better. All your songs are so far beyond just being good that we need new superlatives.

p.s. I've made it my personal goal to get one of your songs played on national radio. It's not fair that all those people are living thier lives not knowing about miracle of Miracle of Sound.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
ForensicYOYO said:
This did justice to the game. Dead on my friend :). Quick question who did the womans voice? It was a nice touch.
Lol... that's my voice in falsetto, I did all the vocals!

colostomizer said:
p.s. I've made it my personal goal to get one of your songs played on national radio.
Right on brother! Now there's a goal I can support ;)

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I never thought I'd ever put something made by an escapist user on my iPod, but I'll be damned if I don't have a bunch of your songs.
And add one more to that pile. Keep up the musical awesomeness, my good sir.

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
It's official Gavin, You are even more awesome than before. I loved Human Revolution in just about every way. Loved the passion I heard in those vocals, and the synth rock melded beautifully with it. When this hits iTunes, you have a guaranteed purchase.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
I don't really watch Miracle of Sound because I didn't like the first few songs, but this was really really good! Its going to be stuck in my head for a while...you may have just earned a regular viewer.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I bought this game past saturday and it's tormenting me since i can't play it until monday... and now this happens! D:

Even if i haven't played the game this song is still gonna be stuck in my head for the next two weeks. Been humming/singing Redemption Blues the last couple weeks too...

Glad to say you make good songs stick in my head! :D

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Another great song!

I thought this fit really well with the way the game is styled and actually reminds me of some of the music from that game.

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
Didn't like this one first time hearing it. Grew on me already on the second time listening to it. Now its one of my favorites :) I swear it reminds me of some 90's song though, but can't put my finger on which one.

Would it be possible to do a song about Gran Turismo 5? I know its not a new game, but asking anyways, as it has a special place in my hearth :)

EDIT: Oh, I guess its the original Deus ex theme it reminds me of. 2000.."90's"..close enough :p

Grim5i

Oct 5, 2009
Fantastic song. You are an excellent artist. Is there any way I can buy your music?

Mogget128723

Feb 9, 2010
This... is bloody amazing. Is there somewhere you can buy an mp3? I can't afford the whole disk they've got out.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
As usual, I find your moody pieces to be my favorites. This is wonderful.

MiracleOfSound said:
ForensicYOYO said:
This did justice to the game. Dead on my friend :). Quick question who did the womans voice? It was a nice touch.
Lol... that's my voice in falsetto, I did all the vocals!
Hehe! All those radscorpions helping you with your girly voice? ;)

To be honest, Journey and I both asked a similar question after we heard this. I would call that a compliment. :)