Miracle of Sound: Zombie Holiday (Dead Island)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
Ugh. Dislike that new music stuff where it starts out easy then goes to a throat growling metal.

But this is still a funny one.
That's not new, bands have been doing that since the 70s.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
emeraldrafael said:
Ugh. Dislike that new music stuff where it starts out easy then goes to a throat growling metal.

well, I've been hearing it more and more lately, and its new to me.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Such a fun, quirky song. It makes me giggle every time I hear it jump back to the dub step sounding bits from the calypso stuff.

Nov 7, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
MiracleOfSound said:
emeraldrafael said:

well, I've been hearing it more and more lately, and its new to me.
Then you're quite musically ignorant.

OT: This has been one of my favorites! I say that every week, but it's amazing. :D

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
F-I-D-O said:
But I have to ask: What were you on at the time of writing?
Green tea and Corn Flakes, haha! I don't do drugs and think it's total bullshit when people claim they make better music when on them.

Strain42 said:
I'm not sure how much you get paid, but it needs to be more.
hehe, more moniess!!! I don't make very much money to be honest. I lose a lot to piracy.
I'm kind of glad you weren't on drugs, it just proves you're crazy enough to make songs like this.
And do people really pirate your songs extensively? I get most of them on itunes/bandcamp, and it would seem easier to download from itunes/bandcamp than try and find each file on the torrents. Granted, I've never pirated, but still...it seems odd.
Looking forward to your next song! And I'll be sure to get this one when it goes live
[sub]Only eight more days till skyrim![/sub]

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
F-I-D-O said:
And do people really pirate your songs extensively? I get most of them on itunes/bandcamp, and it would seem easier to download from itunes/bandcamp than try and find each file on the torrents. Granted, I've never pirated, but still...it seems odd.
Looking forward to your next song! And I'll be sure to get this one when it goes live
[sub]Only eight more days till skyrim![/sub]
Yep. I was pretty shocked first time I googled Miracle Of Sound torrent.

I don't sell many songs at all. People just take them. In fact I am quite broke at the moment and have been for quite some time. Oh well! At least last month was my best month for sales.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
F-I-D-O said:
But I have to ask: What were you on at the time of writing?
Green tea and Corn Flakes, haha! I don't do drugs and think it's total bullshit when people claim they make better music when on them.

Strain42 said:
I'm not sure how much you get paid, but it needs to be more.
hehe, more moniess!!! I don't make very much money to be honest. I lose a lot to piracy.
*le gasp* People DO such a thing? Is there no more honesty left on the internet?

Well rest assured my good man, I bought the soundtrack fully legit. It is currently delivering ample rockage in my car on my daily commutes.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Strain42 said:
*le gasp* People DO such a thing? Is there no more honesty left on the internet?

Well rest assured my good man, I bought the soundtrack fully legit. It is currently delivering ample rockage in my car on my daily commutes.
Glad to hear it :)

[The]Rock

Jan 12, 2011
I loved the contrast in the verses and chorus, the upbeat calypso with grotesque lyrics followed by punk-rock-meets-dubstep. Each song gets better and better. Keep it up Gav!

Herrsunk

Apr 2, 2011
This musical interlude flipped the Holy Red Burger of The Flather Realm five times, while the spatula of the gods gained sentience and proclaimed its first (and last) words with great gusto: "I'M NOT A SPOON!", which, in terms of first words, are very praiseworthy.

It translates roughly into; This was a quite a interesting mix of styles Gavin. The chorus might be slightly too whiplash-y in my ears, but nice all around!

Humm bawappa hummbawappa waay...
Humm bawappa hummbawappa waay...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Kross said:
Holy crap, I like this track a lot. I've always been a fan of liberal bass, and Manson/industrial-ish screaming vocals worked great here. :D
Will definitely be doing more industrial metal-ish stuff soon. BF3 song is full on NIN meets Ministry

Kenji_03

May 12, 2007
Okay. How the frELL you keep making original sounds every month is blowing my mind.

I mean, seriously, this is like a new Genre you made here in "Zombie Holiday Dead island"

Never the less, great work Gavin

Eagi

Dec 10, 2008
Sounds like Skrillex meets The Lion King, two things I thought would never be said in the same sentence :p

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
How do you do it? You fit so many styles, and you keep going. You even captured the feel of the game, with it's inconsistent tone. Why, I do think my ears have developed a crush on you. Though, the rest of me is indifferent. So, you know, don't go falling in love or anything.

Seki

Dec 22, 2009
Wow, a week and a half later and I'm still making a point of listening to this song every time I view the site, and I'm not even a huge fan of dubstep. You sir, are a musical genius!

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Only got a chance to listen to this now... Absolutely hysterical!! I loved the sheer maniacal glee with which you sang.
Priceless.

Hope you put your feet up for December and recharge those batteries.