Mirror's Edge 2 in the Works

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Nimbus said:
Hopefully they'll focus on the PC market this time around. The console versions were horrible, but the PC version kicked ass.
This is EA? They dont focus on any market they just sell as much as they can.

Anyway Mirrors Edge wasnt as good as I thought it would be but the Enviroment was Beautiful even though the story was flawed. The gameplay was quite fun aswell but slightly annoying if you had no weapons to fight back with. If they're going to make this atleast give Faith somesort of Pistol to fight with but make it not that powerful so you'll have to concentrate on the free running more which made the game quite fun.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Vrex360 said:
I see no problem, the original Mirror's Edge was unique and original but just had a few kinks that can be fixed up in the sequel I say give it a chance.
Same here. I also hope they flesh out the story more. I mean yes, I understood what was going on, but it was very vague.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Malygris said:
No information about platforms or a release target were revealed, but it's good news for fans of the game and also for EA's commitment to new and creative IP development in the future.
I fail to see how, all it means is that they've acquired one more IP they can just release sequels for and not make a new game.
Agreed, the "new and original" card was really only valid when Mirror's Edge was first coming out.

Now they'll be saying "We got rid of the weird Esurance cutscenes, and Faith has slightly bigger breasts!" New and Orginal!

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
I just hope this Mirrors edge will be MORE outside free-running rather than having more stupid interior puzzles that defeats the very purpose of the game.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Flap Jack452 said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Malygris said:
No information about platforms or a release target were revealed, but it's good news for fans of the game and also for EA's commitment to new and creative IP development in the future.
I fail to see how, all it means is that they've acquired one more IP they can just release sequels for and not make a new game.
Agreed, the "new and original" card was really only valid when Mirror's Edge was first coming out.
Now they'll be saying "We got rid of the weird Esurance cutscenes, and Faith has slightly bigger breasts!" New and Orginal!
Where did you hear that?

Anyways, I'm glad they're doing this; Mirror's Edge was great but flawed to a degree. hopefully sequel will make some solid improvements.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
1. No more indoor environments
2. Tell us what's in the packages and work the story around that
3. Free roaming mode

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
ph3onix said:
I suppose I'll be the only one yelling but whatever... WOOOOHOOOOO!
As much as Electronic Arts sucks ( activation and accounts? Screw that...) I loved the Mirrors Edge game. It is very unique and easy to get into. The Story behind Faith is excellent and well thought out and the fact that this is based on a TRUE art form is remarkable indeed.

Looking forward to the new Edge game. If EA was smart they would not change the roles or environments.....just add more missions and tell us what happens to Faiths sister. I hope that she also becomes a Runner.

The indoor missions were just as good as the outdoors. You cannot have outdoors all the time guys. Deal with it.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
I'm sure it's going to put a bad taste in everyones mouths, but i trully enjoyed Mirror's Edge and i am very happy that there is a sequal!

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
MacDonaldFin said:
I just hope this Mirrors edge will be MORE outside free-running rather than having more stupid interior puzzles that defeats the very purpose of the game.
no it doesn't, i'm guessing you've never seen David Belle do a lot of his stuff have you? he has done a bunch of stuff inside buildings too

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
cleverlymadeup said:
MacDonaldFin said:
no it doesn't, i'm guessing you've never seen David Belle do a lot of his stuff have you? he has done a bunch of stuff inside buildings too
No I haven't, regardless, many of the interior parts of the levels in mirrors edge just made it feel not like the game it was pictured as, so that really did spoil it to some extent.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Will people stop bashing it, it's going to end up like bloody Halo-bashing soon - being 'cool' to hate it even if you've never played it before. Mirror's Edge had a lot of good things going for it, it's simply a shame it was so short. However, if people don't like it, then you don't have to play it or buy it. It's not the end of the world, there are plenty of people who do want to see a sequel and who did enjoy the first game. So there.

Simski Burkez

Jun 3, 2009
Lukeje said:
Pi_Fighter said:
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many developers EA actually owns?
Wikipedia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Arts#Studios_and_subsidiaries] knows all.
Fire Daemon said:
Now I haven't beaten Dead Space yet, but does this mean there may be a chance for a sequel of that too?
Well, there's gonna be a prequel [http://uk.wii.ign.com/objects/143/14320036.html].
Yes, a low quality on-rails prequel.
Would like to see another Dead Space though, had fantastic gameplay IMO.

ReincarnatedFTP

Jun 13, 2009
Awesome.
Improvements I'm hoping for:
Longer
Expansion of background around the story, I mean I loved the story but it was very minimalist.