Mirror's Edge 2 in the Works

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
EA/DICE try something new, experiement with something. It works although feels a little unfinished. They decided to make a sequal, purely for the sake of people enjoying the game (as oppose to just cashing in on another movie franchise or sims game). Why would people not want this, mirrors edge was an awsome game and I'm glad that EA are running with the concept.

Compare it to left 4 dead, valve tried something, it worked, they are going back and improving it, re-releasing another one with the what they felt was missing.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I still need to pick up the original. Hopefully soon.

I don't see a problem with a sequel to Mirror's Edge. Expanding and improving on a new IP is hardly the same as making throwaway games based on shitty movie licenses or churning out 20-some annual iterations of a sports game. Mirror's Edge 7 might lead to a raised eyebrow or two but at this point, EA tried something new, it showed potential and they want to build on that, and I say more power to them.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
War Penguin said:
My only complaint about the first one was that it was too short and no replay value.
i'll agree with the replay but the length was pretty good, the thing is most games aren't very long, the ones that are hours in length are role playing games and the occasional sandbox. most other ones aren't very long

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Mirrors Edge is a perfect game in my opinion. At least I didn't find any flaws while I was playing it.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
I'm not going to, because I only played the demo, but be ready to get extremely badly flamed. Seriously. That game has broken too many hearts. If you try and defend it, people will only try and break your heart too. I happens with every heartbreaking game.

Once again, I don't say the game is bad.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Trivun said:
Will people stop bashing it, it's going to end up like bloody Halo-bashing soon - being 'cool' to hate it even if you've never played it before.
I don't believe anyone who criticized the game said they didn't play it. Stop living in Strawland.

Dys said:
EA/DICE try something new, experiement with something. It works although feels a little unfinished. They decided to make a sequal, purely for the sake of people enjoying the game (as oppose to just cashing in on another movie franchise or sims game).
True. The fact that the original wasn't some huge best-seller is enough to separate this from the "oh hey everyone loves it let's really quick crank out a sequel that has nothing new or good about it and hopefully they won't notice until we've sold a million copies" approach that's probably responsible for the majority of video game sequels (and the VAST majority of movie sequels).

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Goddamnit EA, every time I try to like you, you do something like this.
Malygris said:
No information about platforms or a release target were revealed, but it's good news for fans of the game and also for EA's commitment to new and creative IP development in the future.
I fail to see how, all it means is that they've acquired one more IP they can just release sequels for and not make a new game.
it's NOT good news. Though chances are that all platforms ME1 was available for will have ME2 on them also, if just ONE of the platforms doesn't get ME2, it immediately reverts to bad news for most fans.

InvisibleMan

Mar 26, 2009
dochmbi said:
Mirrors Edge is a perfect game in my opinion. At least I didn't find any flaws while I was playing it.
Agreeing here. Maybe because I've played it for so long, but I can't think of anything I would even adjust to make it better. Again, this is a niche game that you will either love or hate depending on personal taste, I don't think it has any flaws. (Most of the "flaws" I've read about seem to be deliberate design choices.)

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
Nice cockteasing EA. But I am glad they still have interest in this game, it had potential and I actually liked it once it went down to about £20.
I would like to see two things in Mirror's Edge.
1. Actually delivering packages and knowing what they contain of course provided it's not something for terrorist reasons as Yahtzee theorised.
2. TURN THE FUCKING BRIGHTNESS DOWN. THE CITY KEEPS BLINDING ME.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
scnj said:
1. No more indoor environments
2. Tell us what's in the packages and work the story around that
3. Free roaming mode
4. Multiplayer! Online racing, online deathmatch, online capture the boxes, online tag. I swear to God this game was made to be played with 3 other friends.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
YES!!!! Take that haters of originality in gaming!

I reserved the first one and loved it so much more than most of the games last fall.