Mirror's Edge Sequel May Still Be Running

omega247

Apr 12, 2010
SFR said:
Does anybody else think that Mirror's Edge has like... the best graphics ever. Even though from a technical standpoint, Crysis and other games do more, I just think Mirror's Edge looks beautiful. Some scenes look completely realistic or better than real life. Like moving concept art. Just goes to show how much better prerendered lighting can look if done right.
Indeed, although it may also be down to the game not being a mix of greys and browns in order to be 'realistic'.

I loved the first game so I am hoping for a sequel

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Actual said:
Mirrors Edge made me say at one point; "Did you see that!!? I just wall ran behind that guard kicked the gun out of his hands, dropkicked his mate off the side of the building turned round and punched him unconscious!"

For this I will love it forever.

However; when you get around to making the new one do not put me in a small room and force me to fight ninja riot police!

I'm not sure how I feel about the puzzle/platforming bits, having to find the only route was sometimes very slow and frustrating, but it was satisfying when complete and it prevented me getting bored of the epic free running and guard dodging.
That's exactly how I felt when I was playing that game, I felt like a parcel carrying badass, and I love it for that. And those ninja cop sequences were bullshit; I think I rage quit more than once because of that.

OT: This is great, I was hoping that that rumor wasn't true, but then again, EA isn't helping by not saying anything definitive about the status of that game.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
This game was beautiful and one of my favourites of the year. I loved it with all my heart. I pray for the sequel.

Calumon: That's... so bright! >.<
I love you the game too!
.>

I pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that we get a sequel, it was such a great and very different concept plus damn good looking.

Andy Chalk said:
the innovative but flawed parkour action game EA released in 2008
You truly are the Offender of the Faith.
ba-dam tush!

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
The Gentleman said:
Mirror's Edge 2: Now with a plot that actually relates to what you may be doing...
Yeah. Give the game a decent plot, get rid of the shitty cartoon cutscenes, and cut back on the forced combat and you've turned a good game with potential into a great one.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Well of course it's not dead, buried, salt-the-earth GONE, no Franchise is ever truly gone - even if the company dies, the rights just get passed along.

EA isn't going to say "Yep, We've totally destroyed Mirror's Edge - we hunted down every programmer that worked on the game and shipped them off to Antarctica! And then we wrote a legally binding contract that prevents us from ever working on a Mirror's Edge sequel. Ever". EA and DICE still have the rights to make another Mirror's Edge, and they will hang on to that right unless they can make a profit by selling it to someone else.

But if they aren't putting any effort into making a sequel now, chances are if they EVER do, which is unlikely, you'll be waiting a looooooooong time for it. As in, more than 2 years. Possibly even 4 or 5 years. Or maybe forever.

If they aren't developing anything for it, if they have no plans to, if they cancelled the Prototype and if they are working on other franchises (EA sports stuff, Mass Effect, Battlefield 3, Dead Space 3... a whole slew of other things), chances are they have no plans to develop a Mirror's Edge sequel. Period. It's not on their minds. At all.

I think Mirror's Edge should be given a second chance, I would be very interested in a sequel, but the odds are it's effectively dead.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
EA, I know the two of us haven't always seen eye to eye, but if you make Mirror's Edge 2, I will love you guys.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I love how users on the escapist are always ready to call corporations like EA and Activision "evil" just because their CEOs are morons. A good example of this is "OMG activision wants to buy take two! They're going to release yearly bioshock and GTA and civ games, omg!". Well, there's another series they have that doesn't release yearly. Prototype. Yeah. And what about geometry wars?

Then there's ea. People call them "Evil" because they release alot of sims expansions. Well, maybe they just get a lot of requests for expansions, and remember they're still trying to innovate with things like mirror's edge. Plus, they learn from their mistakes with the NFS franchise. What the hell is so bad about giving fans what they want? They willingly pay for sims expansions and you stay away. Plus, EA has criterion and their series, burnout.

My point is that you've got to take a more in depth look at the game franchises these companies have and are still working on before calling them evil based on their retarded CEOs. There's still innovation there.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Gah, the news are messing with my head!
Mirrors Edge 2 is being made! No, they've canceled it! No, wait, they may NOT be abandoning it completely! "Episode IV: A New Hope" is premiering today, at the Escapist!

AAaaaah... I just want it being made and being well made... Please? Pretty please with some heroin on top of it ? And a cherry on top?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
GrinningManiac said:
Very much want

Seriously, though. "May Still Be Running" ?

...that's a bit forced, no?
I think the word you're looking for is "awesome."

Cat of Doom

Jan 6, 2011
Can?t say I enjoyed this game. I couldn?t get behind the characters or the story and I cant say I liked the first Person parkour. Also I thought the level design was poo and the game started to get repetitive half way through. TBH the game was shit.

However, to its credit It was innovated and original, so a sequel could turn out to be decent.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
could it be... is it true? can we actually hope for a sequel to come? one of the very rare sequels that do not totally suck, but are an overall improvement of the predecessor? taking all its strengths and removing all its flaws? (of which there weren't too many in the original game, i.m.h.o.)

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Great to hear, I'd love to play a sequel with a bit more polish (and some more meat, ME was a bit on the short side).

theshadavid

Nerrrrrrrd
Aug 10, 2009
I really want this to happen. Mirrors Edge is my favorite game of all time. Objectively it wasn't great but something about it was catnip to me. It's always been a running joke among my friends that I'll never get a sequel (they hated the game) so I'm riding on this EA!

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
One of my favourite games of this generation, although a sequel isn't as essential as it may seem: I've still got ME1 to keep my warm through life.