Mirror's Edge Sequel May Still Be Running

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
The Rumor mill is a buzzin'. I want to chart this out for everyone. Last week there was a rumor saying they SCRAPPED a sequel. This week there is a rumor that it's NOT SCRAPPED.

We have taken one step back and then one step forward... not really news.

CowsMoo

Jan 14, 2010
danpascooch said:
I want to see more combat options.

Personally I don't think you should be able to take or pick up a gun at all, but I hate how when you attack a guard you stop, you should be able to deliver some sort of attack without losing your momentum, that would be neat, like a jab at the throat as you run by that stuns him for like 5 seconds or something."
Pretty much agree, but I think handguns could remain in the game, they didn't slow you down, and still gave you a way to take down a guard without stopping.

Also, fuck yar, this news is amazing. I almost cried when I saw that there wouldn't be another Mirror's Edge. Original gameplay and more photorealism than crysis? Yes please!

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Oh the title

HURR HURR HURR

The most painful joke ever Andy but good news is good news no matter how painful the joke is

Jan 27, 2011
OH PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASE LET THERE BE A SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I freakin' LOVED Mirror's edge! When I heard the rumors that it got canned, I nearly threw back my head and screamed "NO WAAAAAYYY!" thereby waking up everyone in the house.

I don't get all the people that say it failed as a game. Yeah, sure, the first person view for platforming is inherently flawed. But for those of us who can insert ourselves into the game, and mentally map where our virtual bodies are, this game was absolute awesome in a jar.

My only complaint was that it was so short. Everything else rocked.

If they announce the second one....Pre-ordering. Day 1.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
I realy hope this is true, I absolubtly loved Mirror's Edge. As a game it wasn't perfect; the level design was occasionally poor (that fucking bit where you have to run out of the politition's office almost made me rage-quit) but the 'feel' of the game was without equal. Everything from the characters to the plot made me want to continue through the bad bits to see what the next fantastic treat would be, and the enviroment was literally the best I have ever seen in a piece of media (including Bioshock and STALKER). The amount of the story that was told without words, such as the only bits of colour allowed in the game comming from bins and other bits and peices that the govornment gave the city, was astonishing.

Mirror's Edge was by no means perfect, but it's expected that any game so radical will make a few mistakes the first time. Now that they have so much feedback, any sequal that fixes the first game's mistakes will instantly make it into my top ten.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
that's good to know i really liked the first one. it had problems but it was still fun kind of like beyond good and evil.

p.s. any new info on beyond good and evil 2

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
man i hope they do make another, that game was so original and innovative, not like most of the stuff out at the moment

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
I really don't understand the problem everyone had with Mirror's Edge. The story and cutscenes (if you can call them that) were awful, but the core gameplay was very definitely there.

A sequel could easily address most of the shortcomings of the first game and create something truly impressive.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
I'm hoping it's not DICE handling it though. The same type of herding that I hated in Mirror's Edge is present in Battlefield, which is fine for the latter but it shows that DICE has difficulty thinking outside the box.

headphonegirl

The Troll under the bridge
Oct 19, 2009
I really hope they do make a sequal, hopefully with a 3rd person camera option and a free run mode, then it would be fantastic.

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
Oh please, please, please let there be Mirrors Edge 2. Words can't describe my love for that game.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:

More appropriate than ever.

This game was beautiful and one of my favourites of the year. I loved it with all my heart. I pray for the sequel.

Calumon: That's... so bright! >.<
Very very appropriate indeed. :D
OT: I'm very much looking forward to this, played the original, and loved it. Especially when you got a nice flow going; it was beautiful.

Dwachak

Sep 27, 2009
I have never understood why anyone would call this game flawed. To me it was a complete experience, gameplay, story, artwork and setting flowed into a mesmerising and unforgettable journey.. To this day the theme sends shivers down my spine every time I hear it <3 <3 <3

OT: Considering the above, I am reluctant to embrace a sequel. I fear the ''improvements'', as the simplicity of the first one was at the core of the experience.. but what is man without Faith, maybe it will be awesome ;)

TheRealGoochman

Apr 7, 2010
I am VERY happy to hear this, was super bummed to hear that it may have been stopped

(had to watch the Dead Island trailer to cheer me up, but got even sadder (in a feel bad for the characters way) but amazed at the same time......such a good trailer) (I apologize for my gamer ADD)

But I LOVED the first one (all problems aside I found Mirror's Edge to be a blast to play), and I hope we see number 2 in the near future :)