Miyamoto Focusing on Getting DS into Schools

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
SUPA FRANKY said:
What I really want to know is who the hell is buying all these DSs? I mean, haven't they said they sell like 3 million of these things per fucking second? Who out there really doesn't have a DS? Who I ask you! WHO!!!???
Me! And I don't plan on buying one ever.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
I have a feeling this is an unconscious act of self-redemption after murdering their franchises with the moneymilker virus.

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
The title of this article had me thinking that it dealt with some sort of sinister plot to grab the young and easily influenced minds.
The reality once again disappoints.

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
I can see this happening in Japan. But I could never see this happening in the United States.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Outlaw Torn said:
Give it a year or two and Sony and Microsoft will follow suit, although the 360 would probably be better equipped as a building material for schools rather than to be used for teaching kids. And naturally the PS3 will be used to grill burgers in a lean-mean fat-reducing way.
Microsoft has already beat Nintendo, certain schools already use them, and Microsoft even has Surface in elementary classes, hell before I left high school one of my class rooms started using a Xbox 360, granted that class was Game Design.

Craftybonds

Raging Lurker
Feb 6, 2010
I think this could work. a DS could basically be a mini-laptop with the right programming. you really don't need a keyboard with the touchscreen doing it's thing.

the DS is probably my favorite system that nintendo has ever put out. it's an amazingly fun little device, and if it can really help people learn, it could happen.

though i agree with a lot of people in this thread...who the hell doesn't own a ds yet? i'm currently using my third one.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
I think that bridging the gap between school and gaming could encourage more kids to learn more efficiently.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
SUPA FRANKY said:
What I really want to know is who the hell is buying all these DSs? I mean, haven't they said they sell like 3 million of these things per fucking second? Who out there really doesn't have a DS? Who I ask you! WHO!!!???
I have 2 DS phats. 4 DS lites 3 are limited editions. 1 DSi and soon a DSi XL
Holy crap man........
Iv only got a GBA, a broken DSlight, and a DSi.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Maybe he doesn't realize that a lot of schools don't allow electronics. When I was high school they'd take ANYTHING you had, CD players, cell phones, gameboys. Hell I was in art class where my hippie teacher was blasting some terrible music and he was drawing.

I decided, no talking going on, everyone else is doing it, so I broke out my Minidisc player and the principal ran in and tried to take it. I wasn't about to let him take the expensive as hell device but christ man, maybe it was just my school but they were bastards.

Ghored

Mar 15, 2010
It's not hard to see that certain games can teach, Nintendo doing this will both do that AND get them money.

Now, on the computer/paper, that sounds like an awesome Idea, but then, actually getting DS'S to be a part of school learning? It sounds like....a longshot. It could work, but then, the chances it will fail are somewhat up there, A DS can work where you aren't completely forced to go from point to point, shut up and listen to an anonymous man/woman all day. I mean, you know, in schools.....So, good luck with that Nintendo!

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Gigaguy64 said:
Aura Guardian said:
SUPA FRANKY said:
Holy crap man........
What? Shocked?

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Aura Guardian said:
SUPA FRANKY said:
Holy crap man........
What? Shocked?
ummm, yeaaaaaaa.
ether your a budget master or you have the best job ever.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Gigaguy64 said:
Aura Guardian said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Aura Guardian said:
SUPA FRANKY said:
Holy crap man........
What? Shocked?
ummm, yeaaaaaaa.
ether your a budget master or you have the best job ever.
Ehh....tax day is good too