Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Aura Guardian said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Aura Guardian said:
SUPA FRANKY said:
What I really want to know is who the hell is buying all these DSs? I mean, haven't they said they sell like 3 million of these things per fucking second? Who out there really doesn't have a DS? Who I ask you! WHO!!!???
I have 2 DS phats. 4 DS lites 3 are limited editions. 1 DSi and soon a DSi XL
Holy crap man........
Iv only got a GBA, a broken DSlight, and a DSi.
What? Shocked?
ummm, yeaaaaaaa.
ether your a budget master or you have the best job ever.
Ehh....tax day is good too
as in No Tax?
It still makes me feel poor.
:p

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
I endorse this; after all, Phoenix Wright taught me about the legal system and Trauma Center taught me to perform complex surgery.

Seriously though, this sounds like an interesting idea. Granted, in my experience many attempts to integrate classrooms with technology end up horribly shoehorned (attempts in my math classes, for example), but I hope this works for the best.

Pat728

Feb 21, 2010
School makes everything uninteresting. What if putting the DS in schools inadvertently creates an entire generation that hates handheld gaming? Would be funny.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I bring my DS into school EVERY CLASS.

Now I can have an excuse.
Hell I bring my DS to work... where's the effort on that Miyamoto???

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
To the people saying it won't work: Nintendo rarely fails to actually go through with something they say they're going to. No matter how short the run is (N64DD anyone?) they will mostly likely pull it off even if it's only in Japan.

I realize that most schools in America have this little problem with children bringing devices with them. However, at least in California I know that kids take cell phones, their portable gaming systems even their ipods to school. The teachers may or may not be aware of it. In college, I took my CD player with me and even had it during tests sometimes. Only had 2 props who didn't appreciate my need to concentrate with a relaxing Myst OST or something else.

And considering what the DS is capable of, I can see it working to some degree. Mind you, I will never ever touch a filthy little DSi as I think they're stupid looking and worthless when I have a DSLite. I didn't even want that, but my original DS broke cause the top screen started coming unhinged.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I bring my DS into school EVERY CLASS.

Now I can have an excuse.
Hell I bring my DS to work... where's the effort on that Miyamoto???
To be fair...you work for a gaming website.

[sub]I brought my DS to work, too...[/sub]

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
SUPA FRANKY said:
What I really want to know is who the hell is buying all these DSs? I mean, haven't they said they sell like 3 million of these things per fucking second? Who out there really doesn't have a DS? Who I ask you! WHO!!!???
I don't have a DS :(
Hopefully some school child will have more use of a DS than I've had so far.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Haha, well Nintendo can dive into education if they want provided they still cater to their long term consumers... Like me!

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
That's a really cool idea. It's nice to see gaming become a more widespread phenomenon. Now I wanna see a game like God Of War, only more accurate, to teach Greek history/lore. How awesome would ancient history classes be?

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
Probably for the best. Brain Age will teach kids more than schools do.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
what's with all the Miyamoto news recently?
Also statisticall, 1 in every 100 people ON THE PLANET own a DS.
That's a HUGEEEEE fucking market right there.

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
Now that sounds like a global monopoly right there, which is dangerous to the global economy and illegal (which is why I hate Microsoft, though ironically I use windows), but that doesn't change the fact that this is an awesome idea.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
will1182 said:
Wow Nintendo, what can't you do? The only next step for the DS is to cure cancer.
Sure. We'll use a new hyper-advanced Trauma Center game in universities to teach people actual surgical procedures in lecture. Hell yeah!