Miyamoto States Interest in A Link to the Past 3DS Remake

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
This is what the 3d classics section of the eshop is gonna be for.

I didn't know that the GBA version of the game was at all altered. That was the only time I ever played it, and it was before I did massive amounts of internet research on the games I purchased.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Color me surprised yet ANOTHER remake that should cost 15 bucks on the virtual console getting some shitty 3D effects slapped onto it and getting shoved out with a 40 dollar price tag. Seriously, if this is all they are going to do with the 3DS just be honest about it and say "Hey Nintendo fans, remaking games for 15 dollars just isn't bringing in the money quick enough so we bring you the 3DS, a platform that gives us an excuse to jack up the price because our remakes now come to you in AMG 3D !!!!!!!". So how about original content of GTFO Nintendo.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
The 3DS should have been called the Nintendo R3MAKE

are there any goddamn games coming out for this thing that aren't remakes?

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
coolerthanice21 said:
A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game, so this is exciting. If they package it with Link's Awakening, it might be considered the best thing ever.

Oh god....could you imagine a 3D remake of Link's Awakening? *begins to drool buckets of saliva*

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Irridium said:
Eh, unless they release a re-make of Majora's Mask, I don't care that much.
Eh, unless they re-make Majora's Mask so it's worth playing, I'd rather they left it to rot and instead make a new game.

In fact, that's just a great idea anyway. Make some damn new games instead of remaking everything under the sun. I didn't buy a 3DS to play games I already own with some gimmicky depth shit that adds absolutely nothing useful to the gameplay experience.

GoldenShadow

May 13, 2008
Dear Nintendo: Give me a Metroid Trilogy on the 3DS (Zero mission, return os Samus, Super Metroid. And I will buy your system tomorrow.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
Cubilone said:
Will people stop calling ports remakes?
That might be asking a bit much. I'd he happy if the average forum user learned the difference between sequel and remake.

OT: A LttP remake sounds good to me.

allistairp

Apr 22, 2011
Cubilone said:
Will people stop calling ports remakes?
It's a semantical problem. At what point does a port become a remake?

A port, in its purest form, would just be the same exact game (in every facet) replicated/emulated on another system. But with the GBA release of A Link to the Past various graphical and audio changes were made, along with additional content (multiplayer, new dungeon). So, is that a port or a remake? Probably somewhere in the middle.

I try to reserve the word remake for games being remade from the ground up: new graphics engine, script -- that sort of thing. This is what a new Link to the Past would likely be.

KP Shadow

Jul 7, 2009
If they do a remake, I wanna see Four Swords included as well. For those without friends who owned the game and a game link cable, Four Swords was literally unplayable.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
If it is in 3D (and not the gimmik kind, that kind of 3D on an old SNES game like this would be turbural) It'd be interesting to see what it's like.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I remember when they released all those classic SNES games on the game boy advance. I played them all and I had a really good time. Then something weird happened. I never wanted to buy another Nintendo game ever again. At this point even Nintendo fans or link fans should be tired of this charade. New games. Not remakes, Ports, sequels, or prequels. New. Games. Doesn't Nintendo want to stay in the gaming business in the long run? Doing this is like the band aid method.