MOBA champions you wish you could play.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
So fellow MOBA players out there, do you have a champion whose character you like but who you can't play? If so then post them here!

I wish I could use Mordekaiser in LoL but so far I just haven't been able to get the feel for him.

I also really like Katarina in LoL but dislike her play style.

EDIT: Changed it from LoL to any MOBA because reasons. Just say what MOBA your characters are from.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I don't really play LoL often, so I'm not sure what champions are out now, and the ones I bought are ones that I know and CAN play well.

Heroes of Newerth is a different situation though. While I can play every hero with varying levels of success (mostly quite well), I just can't get a feel for Draconis. Pharaoh? No problem! Drunken Master? Absolute master. Pandamonium? Face smash those noobs all day long.

Draconis... *facepalm*

BigOrteil

Apr 2, 2011
I bought Riven in LoL (6300 Ip... damn) after her free week because I liked her style and thought with a little practice I could become good with her... Nope. I can't play her at all, her playstyle doesn't suit me it seems but I wish it would.

dangitall

Mar 16, 2010
For LoL.. I'd have to say the new champion that came out, Syndra. I haven't played her yet but it looks like a really hard but powerful champion.

For DotA.. Pudge, his hooks are too hard for me to land, and Morphling, but everyone says he is hard to play.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Pretty much any AD carry in LOL. I'm just not good enough at getting all of the last hits with a ranged champ.

FrozenCones

Dec 31, 2009
Jax, Ez and Corki from League of Legends. I need to invest a bit more time on how their mechanics work.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Rikimaru from DotA.

The one and only hero in DotA that I NEVER did anywhere near decent with.

Gonna try him again with less Wraith Band and maybe a Stout Shield as an opener next time.
I still want to try him with the sword that builds off of Ghost Scepter (too tired to remember or look it up right now).

LegoDudeGuy

Young punks, get off my lawn.
Jun 9, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
Gunslinger in Super Monday Night Combat.

But alas, I cannot aim.
Join the club.

She looks cool, but I can't click heads for nothing :(

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Torturer and Legionnaire in HoN

Trundle in LoL (i have like 1 win and 7 losses with him in ranked)

LiftYourSkinnyFists

Aug 15, 2009
I wish I could get a hang on Lee Sin, he's a beast but the ward jumping is just an insane thing to get a hang of, especially if you smartcast the ward and skill in under two seconds >.<

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
I just wish I could stick with one champion in LoL and actually let myself improve.

I keep switching champions all the time because, honestly, playing the same champion for more than 4 games gets REALLY boring.

Maybe it's just not my kind of game (pssh I knew that way back in Warcraft III).

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
ChocoFace said:

Legionnaire is actually one of the new HoN champs I can actually play, along with Blacksmith.

Come to think of it, are there people who can't play Blacksmith? And what's with Dota/Hon giving them such impersonal titles?

Datsle

Feb 4, 2009
ChocoFace said:

Trundle is pretty much a troll pick anyways, useless if not fed. -> And if you could get fed on Trundle you could have done even better or another champion ;)

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Atmos Duality said:
Rikimaru from DotA.
Riki is great, but easily countered. Also, for some reason, most Rikis don't build Diffusal Blade on him. I found it to be THE best DPS item for a ganking Riki.

JaceArveduin said:
Legionnaire is actually one of the new HoN champs I can actually play, along with Blacksmith.
Legionnaire isn't new! He's an old Axe port!

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
For LoL champs i always have trouble with:

Shaco (I find his playstyle to be quite tricky to get a grasp on)
Twitch (i find him too squishy for an AD carry)
Malzahar (that Q is hard to use :\ )

although with those two stealth champs mentioned, i actually do alright with eve :)

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I used to be shocking with Riven. I picked her back up yesterday and I actually understood kinda what i was meant to be doing.

I seriously still don't know how to build her properly though, squishy with damage is suicide for obvious reasons, full tank doesn't make use of her AD ratios and I have no idea how to build an offtank properly.

I blame Irelia! Triforce > Wit's End > Whatever the fuck you want since your true damage can carry you.

I like Shyvana jungle. Her ganks are... Sub optimal? No CC until you get Frozen Mallet so they can run away easy unless your lane has some CC to begin with. She's still fun as heck. Counterjungle all zee bitches

Dragon form is the best escape tool in the game!

[sub]wait what?[/sub]

Oh and Akali. It's so simple to be good with her since you get a full 8 seconds of thinking time in her Twilight Shroud. Her ultimate being her teleport fucks me up though, same with Diana. Any other button for teleport is fine (Irelia's Q and Katarina's E) but R does not come natural at all :/

Orianna doesn't have enough range with her ball so I can't do much with her sadly.

Oh I can't play any AD Carry. THE FARM IS SO STRESSFUL!

I love Miss Fortune as well. Have you seen her guns? Pretty awesome right?

EDIT: Also bloody Nocturne. Let's just say that with a global ult comes global cock ups...

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Oh that reminds me. I also love playing as Shyvana because being a dragon is awesome! I do however suck as her, never really tried her in PvP and I doubt I will anytime soon, i'll just keep on jungling Maokai and Skarner for all of dat CC.