Mod Edit: New forums are live for beta testing! Link in OP (April 3, 2020)

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Dalisclock said:
Yeah. It's been like a year or so at this point since the site got New Management, right?
It surprised me how quickly the new owner just kinda bailed for reasons and then we got new new management. And then the new community manager before our current one that was, well...
Y'all are still complaining in here?
... yeah, not really that great if I'm being perfectly honest, sorry Kyle. New community manager is great though, but I am worried about his current bit of silence. We haven't had a State of the Escapist since December, so... maybe there's just nothing to report. Maybe this is it? I dunno anymore

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Elvis Starburst said:
Dalisclock said:
Yeah. It's been like a year or so at this point since the site got New Management, right?
It surprised me how quickly the new owner just kinda bailed for reasons and then we got new new management. And then the new community manager before our current one that was, well...
Y'all are still complaining in here?
... yeah, not really that great if I'm being perfectly honest, sorry Kyle. New community manager is great though, but I am worried about his current bit of silence. We haven't had a State of the Escapist since December, so... maybe there's just nothing to report. Maybe this is it? I dunno anymore
Probably is silent because nobody commented on his other reports. Probably feels like he's talking to a brick wall.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Silentpony said:
Haven't seen Saelune in a spell. She leave or something?
I was hoping she would be here during elections. Shes probably busy fighting off nazis, bigots, and racists.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Used to post damn near everyday - voted for "I browse but don't post" now because of how infrequently I contribute. Today's the first time I've even checked the website in about two weeks, despite it being a permanently open tab on my browser since I first joined.

Mar 30, 2010
I browse three or four times a day, but only post maybe once or twice a week. What with the reduced user base nowadays the few folks that are left only seem interested in having actual discussions and debates with one another (shock!), whereas I'm much more a 'make flippant comment, move on' kinda guy. :)

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
There isn't that much to talk about. I've mostly turned to Reddit when it comes to current events, but I look up off-topic and gaming sections every now and then.

I think the most recent bailout of users was sometimes last autumn... I dunno. The Escapist Discord requires phone verification so I doubt I'm posting anything there.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Elvis Starburst said:
bluegate said:
I wonder if the new management will even ever bother with a new forum. How many new people signed up here ever since the website relaunched as V2? How many people would they expect to come to the new forums when they finally launch? Chances are it'll be the same graveyard that this forum is turning into.
I remember when the "Sanctuary" thing was made as a hopeful alternative. I can't even find my posts there, I think I got purged out or something. Account and name doesn't exist there either. You're still active on there it seems... Any idea what happened?
I think I'm less active on there than I am on here, and I'm not very active on here. I pop in occasionally but hardly ever post anything, aside from a few days ago when an interesting topic came up in the site's chat box.

I couldn't tell you what happened on there in the last 12 or so months.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Elvis Starburst said:
I remember when the "Sanctuary" thing was made as a hopeful alternative. I can't even find my posts there, I think I got purged out or something. Account and name doesn't exist there either. You're still active on there it seems... Any idea what happened?
I remember signing up for that. Asked a few questions about how abuse would be moderated (in a topic specifically asking for suggestions/ commentary on rules & moderation) and ended up getting accused of all manner of unsavoury things.

The place was intensely hostile towards differing viewpoints on moderation. Sanctuary it ain't.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I still like to check in on the site.

I feel like I learned some things about general debating on an online forum from my time here, I made some online acquaintances, sold some artwork, and had some fun in the Roleplaying Forum for a little while.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
I'm still here, occasionally. I look over the forums 2 or 3 times a week, unless I forget for a while. Honestly I'm surprised the place still exists. I was convinced, at some point, it would have died by now, especially during the times when spambots overran us.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Pseudonym said:
I'm still here, occasionally. I look over the forums 2 or 3 times a week, unless I forget for a while. Honestly I'm surprised the place still exists. I was convinced, at some point, it would have died by now, especially during the times when spambots overran us.
Same. I made numerous comments over the years that it felt like this place was abandoned and we were just waiting for someone to turn off the lights.

At least now the Front Page is active and being constantly updated, even if the forums are still pretty dead.

I lurk in RESETERA to get my forum fix now since there's a lot of activity and some interesting discussions but they have their own issues. And apparently you can't even register if you don't have a "Hard" e-mail address rather then a browser email(GMAIL, etc) so I'm stuck to lurking. Reddit is it's own thing but not bad in a pinch.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Dalisclock said:
At least now the Front Page is active and being constantly updated
Not worth even glancing over, tbh. The thing that made this website unique and exciting was all the original content such as Apocalypse Lane, Doraleus and Associates, Jimquisition, Zero Punctuation, Escape to the Movies etc. Now all that is left is ZP and Movie Bob and it's just not enough.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Silvanus said:
I remember signing up for that. Asked a few questions about how abuse would be moderated (in a topic specifically asking for suggestions/ commentary on rules & moderation) and ended up getting accused of all manner of unsavoury things.

The place was intensely hostile towards differing viewpoints on moderation. Sanctuary it ain't.
I looked back the other day to see if my account was still around (Doesn't seem to be), and I saw some of the posts about that sort of thing. Needless to say, I agree with you. They were all about "freedom" and such, clearly trying to avoid the level of moderation that this site has. Problem with that is that if you have total "freedom" to post whatever you want and don't have to worry about moderation, it'll be anarchy. But, it seems like the place is so dead that they don't have to worry about that in the least

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Marik2 said:
Silentpony said:
Haven't seen Saelune in a spell. She leave or something?
I was hoping she would be here during elections. Shes probably busy fighting off nazis, bigots, and racists.
I hope so. It seemed to be their life's calling for how passionate she always spoke.