Mod Edit: New forums are live for beta testing! Link in OP (April 3, 2020)

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
IceForce said:
*Well, not quite everyone. That persistent banjumper we had at the time didn't get it (remember him?). And therefore he was locked out of the WW, which ended up being the only 'safe' place on the site where you could get away from him.
He left shortly after. (Was the real purpose of the Wild West to make the banjumper go away, all along?)
It took that long to get rid of him?! I remember him being a massive issue when I first left in like 2016. WW was like 2018 right?

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Elfgore said:
IceForce said:
*Well, not quite everyone. That persistent banjumper we had at the time didn't get it (remember him?). And therefore he was locked out of the WW, which ended up being the only 'safe' place on the site where you could get away from him.
He left shortly after. (Was the real purpose of the Wild West to make the banjumper go away, all along?)
It took that long to get rid of him?! I remember him being a massive issue when I first left in like 2016. WW was like 2018 right?
WW was 2016 since that was when the election and people were making political threads on WW.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
SupahEwok said:
Silentpony said:
bluegate said:
Silentpony said:
bluegate said:
No I legitimately didn't know the WW was a thing until after I got access to it - it never showed up on the dropdown list and no one was allowed to mention it outside of the WW. To average users they had no knowledge of it. And I couldn't believe baby's first 4chan was behind a subscription wall.
Makes you wonder how it was supposed to be a "money-grabbing" then, eh? 🤷‍♂️
Because it was behind a paywall. You paid to not have the rules apply
How were you supposed to know to pay up if you weren't already in?

Sounds like the worst money grabbing scheme ever.
Took the words out of my mouth, furry critter.

How does one sell a product people don't know about and aren't allowed to talk about 🧐🤔

Although I personally can't remember a rule or directive about not talking about it.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
bluegate said:
SupahEwok said:
Silentpony said:
bluegate said:
Silentpony said:
bluegate said:
No I legitimately didn't know the WW was a thing until after I got access to it - it never showed up on the dropdown list and no one was allowed to mention it outside of the WW. To average users they had no knowledge of it. And I couldn't believe baby's first 4chan was behind a subscription wall.
Makes you wonder how it was supposed to be a "money-grabbing" then, eh? 🤷‍♂️
Because it was behind a paywall. You paid to not have the rules apply
How were you supposed to know to pay up if you weren't already in?

Sounds like the worst money grabbing scheme ever.
Took the words out of my mouth, furry critter.
Excuse you, sir.

We prefer "hirsute gentlemen of compact stature."

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
With the "Money Grab" of Wild West, that happened right around when the huge ownership shake up was happening. Presumably it would have been a money grab and advertised and whatnot but basically WW was implemented RIGHT as everything crumbled and fell apart. Then Kross basically just gifted everyone PubClub but no one in management was either around at the time (or maybe at that time they were just abandoning the ship so couldn't be bothered to do anything about it).

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ooh. A little anxious about change, but. A...clean history? A new life? A different name?? Without having to testify against the mafia??? I'll take it!

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Nick Calandra said:
Since this thread is pretty active, figured I'd post this update here. After a very long wait, much longer than I had anticipated, the new forums are finally coming together and we we expect to launch them in the next two to three weeks.

3. When you create an account on the new forums, users from this forum will receive a "Legacy" badge. I know it's not the same as having your whole history come with you, but for now it's something.
Shiny new toys incoming? Yay!

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Nick Calandra said:
the new forums are finally coming together and we we expect to launch them in the next two to three weeks.
Is coronavirus going to be delaying this at all? It seems to be delaying everything else...

Feb 7, 2016
It's still one of my auto opening tabs when I open Chrome, though I don't really use it even 1/4 as often as I open Chrome anyway. It's just kind of a tab that's there. I just don't have a whole lot to add to most discussions that either hasn't already been said, or is just more of my bland, sometimes pointlessly stupid additions.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Not really. I?ve moved on to Space Battles. Sometimes I see Zhukov there. Things actually happen there.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I've recently started posting more on Reddit, but I still come here pretty often. The discussions tend to be better here. Mostly, I just like the people who upload photos there, r/itookapicture and etc.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
If there is something interesting, I'll barge in.

Nick Calandra said:
Really won't be much change. We're keeping the same structure from here, same mods, same rules etc, just a fresh coat of paint and modern software that doesn't suck on mobile. We're testing it now and it's buttery smooth.
A piece of good news in these forsaken times.