Mod Edit: New forums are live for beta testing! Link in OP (April 3, 2020)

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
The 'Saelune' on the new forums is not me. My favorite game is Morrowind, and I have not yet gotten the new Animal Crossing. Whoever is posing as me, go fuck yourself.

Protip, I never use lowercase for my name.

Edit: The imposter https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/the-introduction-thread.20/#post-85

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Nick Calandra said:
Saelune said:
The 'Saelune' on the new forums is not me. My favorite game is Morrowind, and I have not yet gotten the new Animal Crossing. Whoever is posing as me, go fuck yourself.

Edit: The imposter https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/the-introduction-thread.20/#post-85
Thanks, I've disabled that account.
How would signing up for me work? Is the username lost to me? I do not care to be 'Saelune1' or something, so would I have to come up with a new username?

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Nick Calandra said:
Saelune said:
Nick Calandra said:
Saelune said:

Thanks, I've disabled that account.
How would signing up for me work? Is the username lost to me? I do not care to be 'Saelune1' or something, so would I have to come up with a new username?
Nope, I immediately banned that person and deleted the account. I can get you your original username.
Ok, I just now signed up. Thanks.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Ugh, if impostors are gonna be a thing, I'm gonna have to make an account now.

I've already been the victim of an impostor situation in the past.
Back in the day, when they tried merging this forum and the GameFront forums (and they even tried using the same moderators for both, which ended up being a disaster, but I digress), someone who wasn't me created an "IceForce" account over there and used it to start trolling around.

Then I got warnings over here for it because the same moderators were shared between sites.
The lengths some people will go to, to try and get you warned and banned...

Red Sentinel

May 20, 2014
IceForce said:

Back in the day, when they tried merging this forum and the GameFront forums (and they even tried using the same moderators for both, which ended up being a disaster, but I digress), someone who wasn't me created an "IceForce" account over there and used it to start trolling around.

Then I got warnings over here for it because the same moderators were shared between sites.
Surely they would notice that your email and IP were different??

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Red Sentinel said:
IceForce said:

Surely they would notice that your email and IP were different??
You'd think so, but the mods at the time (all gone now) cared not for hard evidence like that.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
IceForce said:

Yeah, I was initially unsure if I wanted to sign up, but then I saw the imposter. I have no doubt it is someone from that discord that is made up of like, 80% of people who hate me. I did also wonder if imposters were going to be a thing, and well, sadly yep.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
I picked a random badge from here for my avatar, as a joke, because of how small they were over there. Looks silly now though, with the new large size.

Still, gives me an excuse to update my avatar. I'd been meaning to change it for a while, since I'm not really impressed with Daenerys after what she did to King's Landing.

Also: +1 for animated gif avatars

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Marik2 said:
Nick Calandra said:
Animated gifs are working now.
Is the new site going to have forum games and user groups?
I'm sure they'll make a forum game subforum if activity picks up and Off-Topic gets flooded with forum games again. Until then, I don't see that it's urgent to make one, they can just go in Off-Topic.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
FYI

https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/start-transitioning-from-v1-to-v2.48/

Nick Calandra said:
Hey all,

So while V1 is going to remain up and online, soon it's going to be an archive site. So I'm going to advise that we start creating all new threads here going forward, because the more stuff we do over there, the more we will have to mess with moving over here at some point when the migration attempt happens.

I understand it's hard to let go of that old site, but if you want to make sure all your progress, content and history is saved, it needs to start going here.

Thanks!

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
SckizoBoy said:
FYI

https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/start-transitioning-from-v1-to-v2.48/

Nick Calandra said:
Hey all,

So while V1 is going to remain up and online, soon it's going to be an archive site. So I'm going to advise that we start creating all new threads here going forward, because the more stuff we do over there, the more we will have to mess with moving over here at some point when the migration attempt happens.

I understand it's hard to let go of that old site, but if you want to make sure all your progress, content and history is saved, it needs to start going here.

Thanks!
Do yourself and the forum a favour and don't migrate posts or threads over to the new one, no use in filling it up with hundreds of thousands of ghost posts.

It will only make the new forum look cluttered and broken 🤷

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I just made my 1st post. I haven't figured out how to change my avatar yet but I just copy pasted a youtube link without editing. There is a like button, which I have wanted for our forum since, forever. (sometimes I do not have a reply but want a poster to know I did read their reply). You can attach files!!! So far, so good! I've yet to post a thread of my own. Not sure I have rights yet.