Modder Crafts One-Handed Controller For Disabled Brother

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
That is a very kind thing he did for his brother, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Good job Hasse for a job well done.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
This reminds me of BenHeck's single-hand controller mod for the Xbox 360. Although this one went the extra mile cuz it incorporated a motion sensor to replace the D-pad/analog, whereas BenHeck got creative and remapped the buttons and moved one other analog stick so that it rests on your lap (it acts as a foundation, so you tilt the controller to have it function).

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Awh, that's pretty awesome...
And he's doing about as well as I did playing mario kart with the wheel.

[sub]Blast fangit motion controls
[sub]Grumble grumble...[/sub][/sub]

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
That's amazing, props to his brother for taking the time and effort to make that for him, it's really endearing to hear that.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Vaccine said:
I'm not disabled but I want one just so I can be super lazy and be on the phone or something and game at the same time.
This.

And I wish I could to that, the only modding I do is go on Source SDK and make the G-Man pull funny faces.

[small]fun times..[/small]

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
This story inspires a really manly tear to roll down my cheek.

Also makes me feel ashamed that myself and my own brother don't do anything this awesome for each other.

Xiorell

Jan 9, 2010
That's pure fucking awesome, sorta person I got time for from the looks of it. Also I would say there's probabley a markey for this kinda thing with a bit of fine tuning.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
if i could onlty use one hand my brothers would beat me to death with the controller.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Best brother ever. Well, at least I'll get free doctor support from mine a few years down the road. Kekkekeke!

wellhereiam

Jul 4, 2010
Wait Hasse's brothers name is Tinkerer? I've never heard a name like that before.
OT: That's pretty awesome, does it also work with Wii games?

sharpshooter188

Mar 9, 2009
I applaud the guy who did that for his bro. Impressed me and the kindness did touch me a bit. Thats saying a lot cause im usually the sadistic and apathetic type of person.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Ih8pkmn said:
Formica Archonis said:
Awwww, that's both cool and heartwarming. HUGS AND/OR FISTBUMPS ALL AROUND!
Fisthugs? Not a good idea.
Wouldn't that be a handshake?

And that guy is awesome. When I first saw the title, though, I thought Bobby Kotick had banned him from something for modding it. I was all prepared to be angry, too!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
That is really, really sweet of him! His brother is indeed a lucky guy!