Modern Warfare 2 PS3 Leaderboards Hacked to Crap

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
kemosabi4 said:
Mcface said:
Glad I bought it for the 360

But there is a person on xbox360 with a 36.1 KDR, 1421 kill streak, 80 thousand kills and 1000 something deaths.

Although it is true there are more players, and better players on 360.
Have you seen the accuracy leaderboards? There's someone with (I think) around 30,000 hits and zero misses.
Do you think the leader boards are hacked on 360, or there are actual hackers? I've never run into a hacker on xbox, but in MW2 I have seen some pretty damn unlikely kill cams.

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
Grayjack72 said:
I've seen the leaderboards. The person at the top has like 21000 days playing the game.
that quite obviously a bad hacking there i mean if your going to hack you have to discretely (i dont actually have MW2)i worked this ot from kaizo mario if yoiu do hackng to an extrame people hate you or your work was for nothing asno one will play your absurdly hard hack

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
HUBILUB said:
Who wants to bet that this will be used as an example by Xbox-fanboys to show why the 360 is better?
I am a 360 owner but I dont think the 360 version is any better it probaly contains the same glitches/cheats (face it the PS3 and 360 are in allot of things similair)

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
squid5580 said:
Easy fix. Wipe the leaderboards after they fix the glitch. And then give the finger to the consumers. It isn't IW's or Sony's fault that some dick found a glitch and exploited it. And if this offends so many people good. The more people who get offended by it the better. Cuz the next time some dick finds an exploit and posts how to do it maybe all those people who got offended won't share it all over the god damned internet and report those using it faster. Time for some tough love.
Personally, I take my hat off to this post. It's time for some tough love people.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
squid5580 said:
Easy fix. Wipe the leaderboards after they fix the glitch. And then give the finger to the consumers. It isn't IW's or Sony's fault that some dick found a glitch and exploited it. And if this offends so many people good. The more people who get offended by it the better. Cuz the next time some dick finds an exploit and posts how to do it maybe all those people who got offended won't share it all over the god damned internet and report those using it faster. Time for some tough love.
Modern Warfare 2 has been out just over a month and this glitch is rampant.

Do games developers not have Q&A teams anymore or do they prefer to just ship the beta and patch out the glitches, exploits and weakpoints in the programming as they go? How long was it before there were aimbots on the PC version? A week?

No. It is IW's fault. While there is no doubt that there's no Q&A team that can do quite as much work as 11 million consumers, it's also true that these same consumers should not be able to have these glitches exploited in less than a month - more than that, it's also true that it should not take this long to hear a response on the matter.

Forgive me, but when I purchase a game which is hailed as the "Most Desired Game of the Decade" I expect that it will take a little more than one month for people to start hacking and glitching it. Is it too much to ask that developers actually test their product before shipping it?

I mean come on, things like the Javelin Glitch? Aimbots which apparently use the same basic principle as the CoD4 ones? Leaderboard hacks?

If it was just one issue I'd likely agree with you. One's an incident, two's a line and three's a pattern. IW get no sympathy from me. [http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z255/jeremymazumia/ike.jpg]

That's not to say I did purchase it. I haven't. I'll be playing my brother's copy when I go home for Christmas in 3 days.

[sub]Phew, got a little ranty there I fear.[/sub]

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
The 360 leaderboards are full of boosters and cheaters too. Some people just can't be happy until they're #1, even if they don't deserve it in the least. The top 10 people on the 360 leaderboards all have something like 750,000 kills each (which is completely impossible, even if they played 24/7 since it was leaked to the public) and over 100.0 Kill/Death ratios which is also impossible.

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
mmm but the question is if you cheet your way to the bottom is it really so bad or more just an attempt to amuse people

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
HUBILUB said:
Who wants to bet that this will be used as an example by Xbox-fanboys to show why the 360 is better?
They don't need to shout anything. It speaks for itself.

Im a PC gamer by the by

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
MacDonaldFin said:
HUBILUB said:
Me. XD

OT:Heh, it seems the game ain't so perfect after all.
how could you say that? obviously spending more money = better crap
:p

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Amnestic said:
squid5580 said:
Modern Warfare 2 has been out just over a month and this glitch is rampant.

Do games developers not have Q&A teams anymore or do they prefer to just ship the beta and patch out the glitches, exploits and weakpoints in the programming as they go? How long was it before there were aimbots on the PC version? A week?

No. It is IW's fault. While there is no doubt that there's no Q&A team that can do quite as much work as 11 million consumers, it's also true that these same consumers should not be able to have these glitches exploited in less than a month - more than that, it's also true that it should not take this long to hear a response on the matter.

Forgive me, but when I purchase a game which is hailed as the "Most Desired Game of the Decade" I expect that it will take a little more than one month for people to start hacking and glitching it. Is it too much to ask that developers actually test their product before shipping it?

I mean come on, things like the Javelin Glitch? Aimbots which apparently use the same basic principle as the CoD4 ones? Leaderboard hacks?

If it was just one issue I'd likely agree with you. One's an incident, two's a line and three's a pattern. IW get no sympathy from me. [http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z255/jeremymazumia/ike.jpg]

That's not to say I did purchase it. I haven't. I'll be playing my brother's copy when I go home for Christmas in 3 days.

[sub]Phew, got a little ranty there I fear.[/sub]
No code is ever going to be perfect. No game is ever going to be hackproof. Sure they should have caught the Javelin glitch in testing. They didn't. That doesn't mean people have to use it. Same with the leaderboard issue. It shouldn't have made it out like that. And if a few people had used it it wouldn't be a problem. When alot of people use it then there is a problem. If the gamers playing it were reporting it instead of exploiting it and sharing how to do it all over the net I would be in full agreement with you.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Ha ha ha ha!

And here we see the downside to everyone playing the same game. Namely, all the cheating tards are in one place.

Here, have a hardcore rap song about video games to forget about all this hacking. (Strong lyrics, so beware.)

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Will Snipe 4 Food said:
last time i checked the leaderboards on my Xbox, i think the same thing happened. i havent checked in 2 weeks though, it probably is filled with HAX
nope the 360 version got an update and it removed most of the glitches, well i think it was most, the javalin one ahs gone i know that much

gabdewulf

Sep 12, 2008
Don't worry cod fanboys. The sooner you quit playing, the sooner the next one can be released.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I couldn't give less of a crap about the leaderboards though if it effects actual gameplay I would be pissed rightly off.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Evilbunny said:
I don't really care about the leaderboards. I'd be happy if they just fixed that stupid Javelin glitch that people are using.
Exactly, its so hard to find legitimate people on the leaderboards that they have just become obsolete. Just get rid of that Javelin bullshit and I will be happy.

kemosabi4

May 12, 2009
Mcface said:
kemosabi4 said:
Mcface said:
Glad I bought it for the 360

But there is a person on xbox360 with a 36.1 KDR, 1421 kill streak, 80 thousand kills and 1000 something deaths.

Although it is true there are more players, and better players on 360.
Have you seen the accuracy leaderboards? There's someone with (I think) around 30,000 hits and zero misses.
Do you think the leader boards are hacked on 360, or there are actual hackers? I've never run into a hacker on xbox, but in MW2 I have seen some pretty damn unlikely kill cams.
I don't think so. Some people are just like that. Besides, that's why we pay for service.