Modern Warfare 2's Launch Trailer is Really Badass

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
JWAN said:
Do we have to pay money to watch the trailer :p

sorry, the price tag is still getting to me
Last I heard, the price increase was just in the UK, wasn't it?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
JWAN said:

And the US PC version, which got a separate price hike. Here [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35485/US-Modern-Warfare-2-gets-PC-rice-hike]

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.
- General George Patton Jr

thats pretty much it

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
Gigaguy64 said:
ryai458 said:
Gigaguy64 said:
I saw this the other night.
it looked pretty sweet.
Now i really wish i had a 360.
The only thing that worries me is, how are they going to make a level work in space?
head over to wal mart on the weekend and buy an arcade and get the 100$ gift card, oh and I can not wait for this game, unfortunately I have to.
there is NO WAY im getting an arcade version.
Ill just be paitent and save meh moneys for the Elite.
you could use the 100$ to buy an hard drive therefore getting an xbox with hard rive for 200$ and maybe having some of the gift card left over.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
JWAN said:

Ah yes, that's OK then! Us Brits will bend over and take it like the good little twats that we are!

That said... It does look awesome. Can't wait to get it preowned :D

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Chipperz said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
JWAN said:

Ah yes, that's OK then! Us Brits will bend over and take it like the good little twats that we are!
I should think Funk brought it up since JWAN's profile identifies him as being from the US.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
ryai458 said:
Gigaguy64 said:
ryai458 said:
Gigaguy64 said:
I saw this the other night.
it looked pretty sweet.
Now i really wish i had a 360.
The only thing that worries me is, how are they going to make a level work in space?
head over to wal mart on the weekend and buy an arcade and get the 100$ gift card, oh and I can not wait for this game, unfortunately I have to.
there is NO WAY im getting an arcade version.
Ill just be paitent and save meh moneys for the Elite.
you could use the 100$ to buy an hard drive therefore getting an xbox with hard rive for 200$ and maybe having some of the gift card left over.
I could but, Elites are a bit more stable and are backwards compad.
im happy with my wii for now.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Amnestic said:
Chipperz said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
JWAN said:

I should think Funk brought it up since JWAN's profile identifies him as being from the US.
Ah, maybe. Still don't like being reminded about it. Still don't like being reminded that it'll work because too many parents are stupid and too many kids are spoilt... That fifteen quid that all game companies will see we'll pay could have gone towards something else, like food!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Amnestic said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
JWAN said:

And the US PC version, which got a separate price hike. Here [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35485/US-Modern-Warfare-2-gets-PC-rice-hike]
Ah, right. Had slipped my mind, that.

Chipperz said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
JWAN said:

That said... It does look awesome. Can't wait to get it preowned :D
Consider it retribution for the Tea Act!

And yes, it was because the guy's profile says US.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
DanielPowell33 said:
There in f*ckin space!!

This is becoming more and more like a 007 game, not that thats a bad thing.
That's exactly what I've been thinking. Ever since the first trailer came out with you scaling mountains and glocking people while driving a snowmobile, I've thought of MW2 as a sort of spiritual sequel to Nightfire and Agent Under Fire.

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
There is one bit that has me scratching my head, though: At 0:57, there's a very brief sequence that unmistakably takes place beyond Earth's atmosphere. I'm assuming that it's just a cutscene of sorts, because even a guy like Soap MacTavish probably has no business being out in space. It does make me wonder about the context of the scene, and why we'd be messing around with satellites in Earth orbit instead of gunning down bad guys on the ground.
My guess, We will have a bit of Moonraker space-lazer action. One can hope.
NVG FTW

Maur DL

Boredom Slayer
Jul 8, 2009
Hm, I was expecting more from that trailer. I liked the previous ones better, they had better context, this one was just a string of random cut-scenes. Whatever, doesn't matter, I'll still be getting the game, just wish it was out already.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Yay, more crap we already knew about a game we don't give a shit about. The only "new" thing here was that the space level ends in exactly the same way as the plane level last time. What the hell happened to originality. Or any form of respect for the people who prevented them from going bankrupt 5 years ago?

muffincakes

Nov 20, 2008
Angron said:
is ti only me that concentrat eont he video cause of the crap music?

but the bit i could concentrate for looked cool, altho i prob still wont get it till its preowned some months down the line...
...What?!

OT, who care if it's in space? If you want realism, don't play a game with regenerating health or soldiers who can only run for 5 seconds at a time. If you're looking to have fun, feel free to grab MW2 and not complain about 'realism'.

dreamtime

Jan 10, 2009
Quite underwhelming trailer in my opinion. Ok, so it contains very few hints of the actual plot (which may or may not be a good thing), alot of people and buildings being blown up...and an aggresive rap song? This is basically a perfect imitation of a generic trailer for a semi-retarted blockbuster action-movie.
I get the fact that they're trying to be cinematic, but imitating b-movies just doesn't make for a good trailer. I'm pretty sure the game will be good though.

Jsnoopy

Nov 20, 2008
Captain Pancake said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Christemo said:
'nip
I'm guessing it'll be a semi-interactive cutscene, like the part in the original when you get executed... I'm guessing the terrorists launch a missile at the satellite to impair the US' ability to defend against an attack on their own soil, meanwhile you control an astronaut for a brief period of time while you see the station destroyed from up-close.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I kinda wish they hadn't showed me that though, as that would have a huge awesome surprise for me if I hadn't seen that clip....