Modern Warfare 2's Limited Edition 360 Bundle Does It Big

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008

It might not compare to a working set of night vision goggles, but the limited edition 360 bundle for Modern Warfare 2 is no slouch when it comes to excess. Packing a 250 GB hard drive, two controllers and more, this package is all about doing it big.

Serious Modern Warfare 2 collectors are going to have a whole room full of giant cardboard packages come this November. In addition to the numerous limited editions of Modern Warfare 2 the game, Infinity Ward, Activision and Microsoft are also teaming up to produce a Modern Warfare 2 styled limited edition of the Xbox 360 that'll come in a deluxe package for $399.

The centerpiece of the bundle is obviously the 360 itself, which comes in a sleek Modern Warfare 2 design with a giant 2 slathered across the front and all sorts of cool-looking, though, at least to me, totally meaningless words and codes (yeah, it still looks cool) all decked out in austere black and gray. There's more than meets the eye when it comes to this system, though: it sports a hefty 250 GB of storage space on its hard drive. I can't imagine you'll use all of that for Modern Warfare 2 saves. If you do, well, I don't know what to say.

Rounding out the package are two wireless controllers (coming in matching black), a headset (yes, also black) and a copy of Modern Warfare 2. That's the standard edition, so no art book, vouchers for Call of Duty Classic or goggles.

Goggles or no, the bundle's up for sale on the same day as Modern Warfare 2 - November 10 - and is available for pre-order right now. Might want to get your hands on a pre-order slip now if you can - people might be snatching this one up for the mucho storage space, regardless of any Modern Warfare fandom.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Wow. This reminds me of the Halo-themed 360 that came out when Halo 3 was released.

In fact, I get the feeling that Modern Warfare's become the new Halo.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
You know, with the Elite price cut, and now this, I cant help but feel like I'm being made fun of for buying an elite a year and a half ago. Oh well, at least I can still laugh at my roommate for buying a pro 6 months ago :D

I wonder if they'll offer the faceplate separately.

Apr 28, 2008
250 gigs?

If they ever release the hard drive seperatly, one can only imagine the price.
My bet is that it would go for $300.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
This is something they should have done instead of the ridiculous goggles. This looks much more sensible.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Keane Ng said:
I thought whenever consoles bundled with blockbuster games, those games were always exclusives.

Also, no wires for the controller?... c'mon...

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Irridium said:
250 gigs?

It's confirmed to not be on sale separately.

-Zen- said:
In fact, I get the feeling that Modern Warfare's become the new Halo.
Vaguely fun campaign? Check. Generic visuals? Check. Hype beyond belief? Check.

Kedcom

Feb 15, 2008
Doesn't look as tacky as most, but what's the deal with wanting a console covered in cheap and usually crappy looking decals of a game you happen to like?

Does that mean when you play Halo or Prototype that you're cheating on your one true love... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?

.... the sexy ***** that she will be... mmmm....

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
hansari said:
Keane Ng said:
I thought whenever consoles bundled with blockbuster games, those games were always exclusives.

You want a wired controller...why? But anyway, looks like a dman fine package. Not one that I'll be buyhing though. Not really in much need of a second 360 at the moment....:)

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
WOW! I thought it was just 400$ for a 360 which would be bad, but THIS, daamn. I want that...cept without the MW appearance really >.>

DemonI81

Aug 27, 2008
First: Why are they including 2 controllers? IW doesn't believe in Co-Op or split-screen play of any kind.

Second: This is almost worth it, in a way that it shouldn't be. It is because we all know MS is going to charge ~$299 for the 250GB HDD alone. They're still charging $149.99 for the 120GB, which is a price gouge of $100. You can get 120GB drives for under $50 for PCs.

Third: It looks like they took an Elite, put a few letters on the face plate then splashed some gray paint on the body, awesome... *sarcasm*.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
MarsProbe said:
hansari said:
Keane Ng said:

You want a wired controller...why? But anyway, looks like a dman fine package. Not one that I'll be buyhing though. Not really in much need of a second 360 at the moment....:)
Because changing batteries sucks, and I keep forgetting to turn the controller on as well as the console.

But, damn, that's some sleek looking Xbox. Shame the controllers don't look as nice, bet they collect finger prints too.

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
Jesus F. Christ.
That's the most tempting package I've ever seen, and here's me without a ridiculously large amount of disposable income.

Frankydee

Mar 25, 2009
to think I bought my first 360 for that much and it only came with the 20G Hard drive :[

Well, I'm not a MW2 fan but yea, this may be something I pick up at some point.

Finrear

Jun 10, 2009
AmrasCalmacil said:
Because changing batteries sucks, and I keep forgetting to turn the controller on as well as the console.
Then just turn on the controller and it turns the console on itself.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Joshimodo said:
Irridium said:
250 gigs?

Ebay disagrees =p

I can only imagine how much people will sell that for o.o

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
ansem1532 said:
Joshimodo said:
Irridium said:
250 gigs?

Ebay disagrees =p

I can only imagine how much people will sell that for o.o
Unless the 250GB HDD comes out on the next iteration of the Elite, then probably almost as much as the bundle itself.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Already pre-ordered mine, e-bay is your friend.

MarsProbe said:
I'm guessing he's more after the plug-and-play kit for them.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
Heh, a themed Xbox. We all know how fast those like to die, am I right?

That aside, I'd probably buy it if I had the money. 250gb HDD, 2 controllers, the system itself, and Moderner Warfare for $399 is pretty sweet.