Modern Warfare 3 Fan Fends Off Really Stupid Thief

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
And that right there is why I have have my games delivered in the mail. There are some crazy people in this world.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
haha, gun fail.

But here's a real hardcore MW3 robbery
http://www.pcworld.com/article/243279/modern_warfare_3_thieves_crash_into_van_carrying_6000_copies.html

They rammed a van carrying 6000 copies of it, and then tear gassed the drivers o_O

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
I have to congratulate him for the action (the defendant obviuosly). he didnt ave in to a foolish robber. and it doesnt matter what was the prey, it may be a stupid game now, your wife a week after. the fact is he stood up for him and thus he got my respect.
on the other hand, ive seen such situations when halo 3 came out, so its not only cod guys.

dyre said:
haha, gun fail.

But here's a real hardcore MW3 robbery
http://www.pcworld.com/article/243279/modern_warfare_3_thieves_crash_into_van_carrying_6000_copies.html

They rammed a van carrying 6000 copies of it, and then tear gassed the drivers o_O
probably BF3 fans, they tried to destroy COD in thier city.

Sep 14, 2009
DoomyMcDoom said:
gmaverick019 said:
wow no crowbar jokes yet?

i am surprised.

honestly he's right it's worth your life, not in the slightest, but i have had people try to steal stuff from me before, and this fucking rage monster comes out and i tell them to back the fuck off and usually hulk out on them in that instant, so yeah, i can't say i wouldn't have done the same in that instant...

still, if someone is even REMOTELY following me, or even going in the same path as me, i drive extra blocks around to see if they follow...is that just me? am i that paranoid?
No, just cautious, in this messed up world sometimes caution is what saves your arse, better to be on your toes than caught with your pants down after all.

If you dropped smoke, deployed caltrops and sped away around the corner every time you saw someone follow you for awhile, then I would count it as definite paranoia...
hah alright just making sure, because while i don't have mental break downs on people in public i am generally very cautious about each and every single person that goes by me or drives by me, because all it takes is that one person to hit you on the backside of your head and they are off with your wallet/phone/keys/etc....

also off topic, what is your avatar from? that little character seems sooo familiar from some game...

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
wow no crowbar jokes yet?

i am surprised.

honestly he's right it's worth your life, not in the slightest, but i have had people try to steal stuff from me before, and this fucking rage monster comes out and i tell them to back the fuck off and usually hulk out on them in that instant, so yeah, i can't say i wouldn't have done the same in that instant...

still, if someone is even REMOTELY following me, or even going in the same path as me, i drive extra blocks around to see if they follow...is that just me? am i that paranoid?
Nope, I do the same thing, and make my family do the same thing. Lol, pretty sure it saved one of us before too, they called me and let me know they thought someone was following, so I had them loop around the block, older black bmw still following, then I had them pull into the driveway as I opened the garage door with the lights on and my P226 in hand. BMW (which had followed them around the block) made a fast U in the cul de sac and sped off. Who prevented a rape/robbery of a loved one? This guy. lol

edit for clarification: while I've always practiced this much to the chagrin of my family, they got more receptive when there were a couple of home invasions and robberies in our nice little community lately where people would be followed home by the attackers from nearby mall areas/night spots.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Activision should put a 'david morales' type character in the next game. Some useless moronic screw up who gets both legs and his testicals blown off because he is an idiot.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
to be honest, Im surprised Freeman said anything to Morales.

OT: well then, I think this just goes to highlight how popular the MW series is by now, seeing what people are willing to risk for it.

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
BgRdMchne said:
Korten12 said:
inb4 people say how stupid the thief is for trying to steal MW3 and not some other game.
Don't forget about how stupid the victim was; grabbing a gun to protect his precious copy of MW3.
It was an instinctive response. When you're getting mugged, you don't think about what the person is demanding: you only think about how you're being threatened. Contrary to popular belief, your demeanor doesn't magically change if you're being held up for the latest game release versus your wallet.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
i do that too.
i am paranoid...

OT: what is it with MW3. this is like the fifth story like this, each stupider than the last.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! WHOO!!! DAMN THAT'S FUNNY!!!

Ooh... Sorry... Man, that made me laugh... Thanks Escapist.

The guy not just handing the game over was pretty stupid, but to be fair, if someone tries to steal my copy of Saints Row: The Third next week I'll not only wrestle the gun from their hand, but also follow them in a high speed chase back to the game store before beating them to death with a giant, purple dildo.

SR3 = SRSBSNS.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Unreal. How did that train of thought work? "I don't feel like waiting for this game, so I'm going to go commit a crime and risk getting myself killed"?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Man what is it with these games madness lately? Has the hype drove them to commit these crimes? What next, someone goes psycho for Skyrim?

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
It was a natural fight or flight response and the youngster chose fight. I can't really call the kid an idiot based on a split second decision with a gun in his face. It isn't really a time where clear thinking comes into the equation. It's less "Hmm he has a loaded firearm, I'll just hand over what he wants and be on my way" and more "OHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT"

I will however quite happily call the "Herp derp violent evil COD fans" crowd idiots. Scum is still scum no matter what they're a fan of or what they choose to steal. For fuck sake when I was a kid one of my friends was mugged for his Pokemon cards. POKEMON. CARDS. Does that give me a free pass to call all Pokemon fans violent, greedy cunts? Or when a truck carrying Harry Potter books was stolen. Clearly it means anyone that's so much as touched a Rowling book is a deranged sociopath that should be locked away and NOT that it was probably an opportunist thief that wanted to flog something popular for a few quick quids.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Grabbing a gun of a thief to protect his game, what an absolute hero hahahaha!

That's the funniest story of the week.

Some people take stupidity to the next level.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Oh noes! Ban violent video games! Clearly this is where this guy learnt to be a dick like this *rant rant*

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
gmaverick019 said:
DoomyMcDoom said:
gmaverick019 said:
*snip*
hah alright just making sure, because while i don't have mental break downs on people in public i am generally very cautious about each and every single person that goes by me or drives by me, because all it takes is that one person to hit you on the backside of your head and they are off with your wallet/phone/keys/etc....

also off topic, what is your avatar from? that little character seems sooo familiar from some game...
Dragon Warrior, old NES game, chose it for the nostalgia factor...

Sep 14, 2009
DoomyMcDoom said:
Dragon Warrior, old NES game, chose it for the nostalgia factor...
ah yup, i think i had dragon warrior like 2 or 3 for the gameboy, that game was so much fun (kind of frustrating on some of the mechanics, but definitely just as good as pokemon imo)

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
1: And THAT is why you NEVER mess with a Freeman.

2: It's a sad, sad day when CoD gamers think that just because they have X amount of kills on the USP really means they actually have a clue how to use a real firearm.

3: Looks like there'll be no "Second Chance" for him, amiright?