Modern Warfare 3 gameplay - Anything new?

eyesonflux

Sep 13, 2010
I'm one of those guys who doesn't like call of duty i have played all of them in hope that maybe this one is good so i probably pick this up used when price drops under 30? and if i don't have anything else to keep me busy.

Those hybrid scopes looks pretty awesome.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
The Lawn said:
The last part made me laugh. MW2 was one of the least polished, most hideously unbalanced piles of dog mess I have ever had the misfortune of playing.

While it may not be a bad game, there are worse, it's definitely not a great game.
Sure it sold in record numbers, because all the teenagers feel the need to have it to feel like they belong to the cool gamer kid crowd.
His argument holds a lot more sway than yours.

The game is not yet out, people have no idea what it's going to be like.

MW2 is still one of the most played games on Xbox to this day. I'm sorry, you don't play a game that's been out for over a year and a half unless you legitimately enjoy it.

A simple experience is sometimes what I need. The ability to kick back and have a riot with multiplayer, or enjoy the mindless fun of a singleplayer that plays out like a Micheal Bay movie (which in videogame terms is actually pretty solid.)

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
RagTagBand said:
FPS's don't tend to change drastically between sequels, just little things which accumulate over time. I mean BF3 doesn't look *that* different from BFBC2 (not a direct sequel but...same dev, same kind of game, same vein etc) and New Vegas didn't look *that* different from Fallout 3, so i'm hardly surprised that COD8 doesn't look *that* different from COD6.
Battlefield % NV have more than few new features ,but MW3 is almost same as MW2 with new maps and few explosions.Most of the reasons that people are buying this game is people is because people like seananners and Hutch and 97% of machinimarespawn are playing this game.(I'll probably be hated for this)

And Don't call me a fanboy I hate both Activision and EA.

I mean BF3 doesn't look *that* different from BFBC2
It's not suppoused to, its an sequel to battlefield 2.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I will be buying this if the multi player looks any good, but based on this video.

jackpackage200 said:
You get the feeling Infinity Ward is just playing it safe.
And why wouldn't they? Everyone else does...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Hammeroj said:
MiracleOfSound said:
What's wrong with a simple, shallow experience? Next you'll be telling us Tetris is crap...
I would just like to note that you're the video game player equivalent of the guy who not only defends, but supports, say, the Transformers movies every chance he gets.
And you're the equivalent of that annoying guy who doesn't respect other people's tastes when they differ from his own - oh, wait - you are that guy.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Good.

I'm glad they're not changing the formula, I like COD campaigns the way they are. Only thing I'd change is to make them a bit longer.
This. Personally, I don't care what people say. The campaigns are great for some mindless fun (Even if I put more thought into the second ones plot simply for how loopy it gets midway through). I just wish they were worth the disgusting amount of money they are charging for the game (Multiplayer/popularity should not be included in a games price). It's about $150NZD for the standard edition here.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
I for one will not be buying MW3 on launch day. I was going to get it, because hell, MW2 and Black Ops WERE fun to play (MW the first was the best though imo). However having seen the game play vid in the OP i have changed my mind. I cant justify to my self paying for what is essentially amounts to more of the same but with shiny new levels.
As the OP said they haven't really showed any innovation so I'm a bit 'meah' about the whole thing.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Necromancer Jim said:
F4LL3N said:
I love how some people automatically hate a game that's not even out yet just because it's popular.

The Call of Duty series is pretty much superior in every form to every other FPS, and infact any other genre game. Anyone who can't see that needs to open their eyes.

I remember when MW2 first came out I twittered #fourtwozeo telling him they ruined the Call of Duty franchise. I was a silly boy back then. Now I'm just riding the wave of success and loving it.
And of course everyone who disagrees with you is just one of those hipsters! It's not like anyone can not like Call of Duty! After all, you like it! For them to dislike it, they'd need differing opinions or other such madness!
Damn, I should have got into this thread earlier. Also,

The Call of Duty series is pretty much superior in every form to every other FPS, and infact any other genre game. Anyone who can't see that needs to open their eyes.
If this guy is not being sarcastic with this comment, there is no helping him...

Anyways, my opinion on MW3, my first COD was W@W, but my first online experience was MW2, so I do feel I missed the boat (since everyone says COD4 was the best in terms of multiplayer). Im curious to see what the MP part looks like, for if its anything different from the past iterations, I may be hopeful again.

*Edit*

In a completely related note, its about fucking time they had hybrid sights.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Hammeroj said:
MiracleOfSound said:
And you're the equivalent of that annoying guy who doesn't respect other people's tastes when they differ from his own - oh, wait - you are that guy.
I respect people's taste when they're worth respecting.
Did you seriously type that out, look at it and go "yeah, I want the world to see that"? Seriously?

Okay then.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Hammeroj said:
I respect people's taste when they're worth respecting.
I like oxymorons too.

Hammeroj said:
Especially when that taste also means you're going to directly support causes purely motivated by greed.
Right... because Activision is the only greedy games company, is it?

Shall I sell you a shovel or are you content to not satisfy my greed and keep digging this hole with your bare hands?

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Hammeroj said:
MiracleOfSound said:
I respect people's taste when they're worth respecting. A taste for mediocrity, shallowness and mindlesness isn't. Especially when that taste also means you're going to directly support causes purely motivated by greed.
Mediocrity, shallowness and mindlessness... really now, I think you need to put down your dictionary of insults and try to come up with something original instead.

Normally I'd be curious to see what commercial endeavor you'd consider not being supported by greed, but honestly, I'm not really interested in another list from your trusty manual of put downs. I suspect you'd have trouble actually putting a thought out opinion into words without resorting to petty disrespect of others.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
The animations and graphics look improved. But on the gameplay front I ain't seeing anything I haven't played before, not that that's neccesarly bad, but as my time and money is precious I'll skip it.
F4LL3N said:
How? I mean good heavens, every other 'genre game', does that mean every shooter? Really?
RagTagBand said:
I mean BF3 doesn't look *that* different from BFBC2
Hah, that's because EA fails at marketing BF3. Sure BC2 and BF3 are both multiplayer-focussed shooters, but they will be pretty damn different, take that from me.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Nocola said:
Now I'm aware there is a new mode, survival mode, and that's all well and good but the core game at it's heart seems to be... well, frankly the same game with new levels. It's literally astonishing how much hasn't changed. So please discuss, I'm sure you all have thoughts on this.
I'm always curious to know something when this thread repeatedly pops up every second day.

What exactly do people want when they say 'innovation'?

I mean, do you have ideas or suggestions on how to innovate this series? I'd love to hear them.

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
The Lawn said:
But it's successful in a way that McDonalds is successful.
It's everywhere, and its a quick cheap thrill, that's neither thought provoking or meaningful in any way.
hey, I work at Mcdonalds. Don't say that. I don't want to be compared to someone who works at that game "Developer"

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Oh look, another thread where people harp on MW3 like it's made of rancid boils and praise BF3 like it's the second coming of Christ.