Mojang Crushes Valve, Opens "The Minecraft Store"

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
Is funny because they suffer from premature-prankulation! They launched april fools joke early.
Is funny because not everyone lives in the US.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Can't believe I read that first bit surprised that Notch was doing this.

I fail >.< Good fool :p

Vyce

Chaos Dragon
Mar 19, 2009
Brainst0rm said:
It's not April 1st, guys. Seriously. NOT April 1st.

Guess I need to be skeptical of every article I read both on April 1st and the days adjacent to it. Excellent.
Mojang is in a different time zone.

Kair

Sep 14, 2008
I knew this was a joke at first, and then I realized why. It is the first of April.

the1ultimate

Apr 7, 2009
I'm against withholding content from an actual game and forcing users to pay to add it.

Ordinarily I would sympathize with an indie developer, but in this instance I don't think a store is necessary or fair at this stage of development.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
MaG iiC 3E said:
Active Schizophrenic said:
Were you born with the inability to read sarcasm?
I know it's sarcasm. That doesn't make it any less biased.
Out of curiosity, who/what do you think it is biased towards?

42 said:
and even if it was sarcastic you also have to remember sarcasm doesnt work when written as you have no idea what the tone is. bloody oath.
Jonathan Swift, Alexander Pope, Jane Austen, Oscar Wilde, Evelyn Waugh and Salman Rushdie would like a word with you.

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
i thought this was a joke, but whilst wandering around, i found a locked steve co chest that directed me to the store to buy a key...

do not like.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Hehe, nice one! Obvious though, and a day early.
And yes, it was a day early. This was posted around 9 PM in Sweden. The US are among the earliest time zones.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Mojang store said:
one for $3 or in packs of 5 for $18
Normally when you offer a bulk deal it costs less, come on now you've got to learn the basics of economics if you want your store to be successful.

esin

Feb 17, 2010
Oh, I get it; the real joke was Mojang making it past the second round of the developer contest.

Dec 14, 2009
42 said:
"The concept of a "Company Store" selling low-priced virtual novelty items for use in a videogame is certainly a fresh one and I think Notch and the rest of the team at Mojang deserve credit for pioneering this new and unique approach to customer service. Innovations like this are precisely why I like to support indie developers over bloated corporate machines like Valve, who just don't have what it takes to come up with this kind of original idea. Good job, Notch!"

You're kidding right? It was Valve that did it in the first place. It's called the Mann Co Store on one of their games called Team Fortress 2? Check your facts before you write stuff like that.
Oh the irony. If you bothered to check your facts, then you'd realise that it's an April fool's joke.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
RikSharp said:
i thought this was a joke, but whilst wandering around, i found a locked steve co chest that directed me to the store to buy a key...

do not like.
Thats part of the joke though <.<