Mojang Crushes Valve, Opens "The Minecraft Store"

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
shintakie10 said:
RikSharp said:
i thought this was a joke, but whilst wandering around, i found a locked steve co chest that directed me to the store to buy a key...

do not like.
Thats part of the joke though <.<
indeed. just hope they get rid of the chests soon. don't fancy having to build around them.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I am ashamed to say that I fell for this. Then again, I didn't read the article I just went straight to the "store".

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Irridium said:
Dammit... I wanted that Greifer's disguise, but the raptor won't let me have it :(

Damn raptors...

Wait... raptors sounds like creepers... they both end in "rs"...

HOLY SHIT! NOTCH IS ADDING RAPTORS TO THE GAME!

[sub][sub]If anyone takes this seriously, I will derisively laugh at you.[/sub][/sub]
RAPTORS YOU SAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?! IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! BUT I BELIEVE IT ANYWAYS!

*Caps lock off.*

Hehe, fiddlesticks.

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
Irridium said:
Dammit... I wanted that Greifer's disguise, but the raptor won't let me have it :(

Damn raptors...

Wait... raptors sounds like creepers... they both end in "rs"...

HOLY SHIT! NOTCH IS ADDING RAPTORS TO THE GAME!

[sub][sub]If anyone takes this seriously, I will derisively laugh at you.[/sub][/sub]
:O Raptors? OH HOW AWESOME! THANKS FOR SHARING THAT KNOWLEDGE. /seriousend

DigitalAtlas

Mar 31, 2011
Brainst0rm said:
It's not April 1st, guys. Seriously. NOT April 1st.

Guess I need to be skeptical of every article I read both on April 1st and the days adjacent to it. Excellent.
Yes, seriously. Games that do this type of thing deserve no credit and I sincerely hope the OP was being sarcastic.

Heck, even Maplestory has down this since their launch. And, c'mon, need I mention horse armor?

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
42 said:
and even if it was sarcastic you also have to remember sarcasm doesnt work when written as you have no idea what the tone is. bloody oath.
I knew it was sarcasm :3

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I think the gag would've been even better had it come in, say, August, because then it'd be absolutely nothing but Notch spiking the ball in Valve's end zone. And that would be AWESOME.

(But I still love you, Valve.)

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
until i clicked on the link, i couldn't tell if he was being serious that no one else would think of this, and then going to mention valve by name. Good april fools joke though.

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
Scout Tactical said:
I'm a little bit disgusted by the number of companies Mojang has beaten, when they haven't even completed one game. They have one game in beta, and no previously completed titles. Even Notch's coding is pretty terrible, as any serious modder will tell you. I guess it's the same reason the Farmville people did so well last year.

I guess Valve is probably kicking themselves for all the free advertising they gave Minecraft.
I honestly don't think Valve cares about a silly little competition.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
Sixcess said:
Wait...

Does this mean if when Mojang crushes Bioware in the finals, Notch will mark the occassion by introducing the option to romance Creepers?

Noooooooooooo!
*fapfapfapfap*

Don't tell me you haven't thought of it!
New meaning to the term "blow job"?
Oh that made me chuckle.
Watch someone have already made that joke... :(

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
oh lol

btw novelty items wouldn't really work in minecraft anyways since people could just hack them in. : p

SimpleJack

Feb 3, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
Sixcess said:
Wait...

Does this mean if when Mojang crushes Bioware in the finals, Notch will mark the occassion by introducing the option to romance Creepers?

Noooooooooooo!
*fapfapfapfap*

Don't tell me you haven't thought of it!
Intense creeper penetration scene...

they'd have to introduce gender selection or something to minecraft...

'cause y'know.... the creeper looks like a giant penis...

Ehm, IS a giant penis.

nebtheslayer95

Nov 22, 2009
Notch has got to be one of the most popular person on the escapist. he is a beast! also, I would like to say that one of the mystery items should be raptor repellent!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Snotnarok said:
My head is gonna explode, people think it's real. Oh my God this is like when Homestarrunner.com had the "Free Tour" and credit card required people didn't catch on that it's a joke.
Come on, it's not as bad as when people believed that TES V: Alinor was being developed by Armor Games.

That was a bad day...
I wouldn't know, I don't know that developer and I never heard of that. Sounds funny though. A lot of people flip out at a developer change, which usually is for good reason I'd say (Other:M, DMC)

All I know is I'm tired of people quoting my posts about Mojang being an impressive developer. People are too sensitive and think too highly of their opinions, it's like we can't have any opinion except theirs. Madness!