Molyneux "Hates" Idea of a Fable Trilogy

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
GOOD STUFF!

I love the idea of Fable to span future generations! As long as there are stories to base the plots of Fable games on, there will probably be more Fables.

Panayjon

Aug 12, 2008
At the rate they're going, if 3 is set in the industrial revolution, 4 is going to be in the modern era, and 5 will be some strange day-glo Shadowrun universe. Or Fallout if you're a pessimist.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Ah, of course. Why limit yourself to just 3 titles when you can keep pumping out the same game with minor upgrades each time and rake in the annual GDP of a small country?

Unless Fable 3 does something totally unexpected, it's still going to be a fairly average hack-n-slash RPG. I couldn't stand Fable 2, the game wanted me to spend more time dicking around town doing jobs and flexing then actually doing anything fun.

Well, I can't really say this is unique to Fable. Too many RPGs try to drag you down with micro-managing your inventories and relationships with people. That's probably one of the reasons so many of them have ridiculously long play times, a lot of that is spent out of the action.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
But how would you one-up the amazing cast of Fable 3?

AHNOLD? Morgan Freeman?

Seriously. You have Cleese, Kingsley, Fry, Pegg and more already...You'll need some serious heft to outdo yourself.
Is the cast of famous voice actors the only important thing to you in Fable 3? You seem to have some obsession.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
ultimateownage said:
Who doesn't like the Rule Of Three?
Me, but only when it's forced, like Spiderman or Pirates of the Caribbean. Those only needed the first film each.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
You know what this means for me: I'm not buying another Fable game until I hear it's improved enough, since I know he's going to continue making them and adding on to each one. Basically, it's like skipping his multiple betas (ie everything after the first one's special edition) and just getting the final product.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
This has me thinking about the possibilities for future Fable games. Will they follow the trend of the current three Fables by ever increasing in time period? How many more Fables until swords are completely obsolete and it becomes just a third person shooter with belching and hookers? The change that Fable 2 brought by excluding armor was enough, so I couldn't imagine any other time period later than this installment.

The gameplay news for simplification by any stretch also makes me a bit leery regarding later titles. If the games are just getting simpler to accommodate a large enough audience to include those scared off by a pause menu instead of catering to the growing experience of Fable veterans, how will they ever grow as far as gameplay or possibly even story?

Velocirapture07 said:
Yep, Fable: Modern Fantasy Warfare is coming soon.
Even with the new "revolutionary" setting, I have a difficult time trying to imagine fantasy creatures alongside the standard human fare of enemies. That is not to say it will be bad necessarily, but it certainly gives me reason to pause.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
I've grown to hate the idea of Peter Molyneux. Hes kind of this false auteur who sputs all this ambitious nonsense and never really gets anything truely great done. I mean Fable and Fable 2 were ok but they never managed to be excelent or even, in some aspects, good games. I would tolorate all his random spoutings if his games have actually been great over the past 10 years, as it stands he is a loud mouth who makes middle of the road experiences.
Agreed. I'm honestly surprised he got as far as 3 Fables in the first place. This series is going to be the next Final Fantasy, a never ending stream of garbage.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I wish it could be a tirlogy. With the way the series has been deteriorating I can only hope he stops before it gets completely awful.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Aurora219 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

AHNOLD? Morgan Freeman?

Seriously. You have Cleese, Kingsley, Fry, Pegg and more already...You'll need some serious heft to outdo yourself.
Yeah, maybe they'll have to outdo themselves with gameplay or something next time! Instead of gimmicks!

Nah, I kid.

That won't happen.
Such a true statement. While I enjoyed the first game, Fable 2 was a game that just tried many things and didn't bother to go beyond surface depth on any of them. It is perhaps the most hollow gaming experience for me ever. A game can get by only doing one thing very well, but I cannot thing of any one thing Fable 2 did well.

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
Let me guess. Fable 7 will be a fed up gamer who's played 6 mediocre Fable games taking up a sword/bow/collection of spells to stop old Pete from making more of these overrated turds.

Sinisterair

Oct 15, 2008
Just_A_Glitch said:
With Fable being one of my favorite game series, this is great news to me, so long as the games don't suffer for it.
The Fable series sufferd as soon as fable 2 was released....Short story, no real closeur....It had so much potential.....just ruined

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
You know why the Fable series will never go away? Because Peter Molyneux knows that he can plant each Fable game outside in the garden. And then, when he returns, that Fable game will have sprouted into a Fable tree, from which he can pick a crop of new Fable games, and then plant them as well. And so the cycle continues.

All our actions have consequences, right Peter?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Flamezdudes said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

AHNOLD? Morgan Freeman?

Is the cast of famous voice actors the only important thing to you in Fable 3? You seem to have some obsession.
Not really. I just know that the Fable games have always been quite funny, and good acting goes a long way with humor, since it's all about the delivery.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
JourneyThroughHell said:
Two more? How much time do I have to wait for a sequel to the Movies, Peter?

OT: Don't really get the massive backlash in this thread. Even if the games usually don't live up, it's great that the man is so investe into what he's doing.
The Movie 2 isn't going to happen, unless you make a video of Peter Molyneux's son begging for it.

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
Nifty said:
Who let Molyneux out of his cage again? Lionhead need to get a tighter leash on this awful, awful man.
Agreed. He and the Artist Sometimes Known as Prince would get along famously, seeing as neither of them seem to spend much time in reality and preferring to be entrenched in worlds of self delusion.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
idk something about Fable that never got my interested...I mean, it's kinda cartoony
how about something more serious and with an epic storyline?