Molyneux Unconcerned About Milo Abuse

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
Wizzie said:
HobbesMkii said:
What about Milo on player abuse? Isn't anyone worried about that?
One day Milo is going to obtain sentient thought and become our very own Skynet!
I called it.
That's only if you go Renegade.
If you're a Paragon, you go on a journey of self discovery, find your long lost father, and maybe, just maybe, turn into a real boy.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Well if he doesn't want to make it so I can kill the boy, I don't want it.

Hmph!
We can't kill him, that sucks. Can we at least use his head as a football? (soccer is a stupid name, its football)

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Abedeus said:
Well, pretty impressive. But... what's the point? I mean, sure, you can pretend to be a friend with a virtual being...
Alone Disciple gave a really good reason already as to the real world applications of this technology, but it could be used loads in games as well. Imagine. With the Project Natal technology we already have immersive gaming, you need to actually try and dodge enemy fire or duck down to go into cover on any FPS or 3rd person shooter, and so on. Then, this just adds to the realism. Imagine characters, enemy and allied AI within the game, created using this technology designed for Milo. You can interact fully then with the characters, have an entire squad discussing tactics with you, you sending each individual ally to do a particular job, and it works like a real combat scenario. Or, take any other type of game, not just shooters, and do the same thing. It will basically make it a realistic environment within the game and create the feeling of total immersion and so on. Think of all the possibilities for this technology. Milo is only the start, if we think of it as a sort of demo being released onto the market then it could easily be transferred into most future games :D

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
RollForInitiative said:
Chipperz said:
Also, I put money on Japan coming up with a "virtual girlfriend" before 2011, and it being slightly too realistic...
Like...this?

http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/05/01/konami-is-serious-about-love-plus/
OH MY GOD!!!

I hate humanity.

Terazeal

Sep 10, 2008
This is kind of a strange reversal on the part of Lionhead. Most of their recent games have had good/evil choices(granted, not very well done ones.) I wonder why they've decided not to do that in this one.

Lopunny

Apr 15, 2009
Im a little bit unclear on this...he seems to be putting his faith in the human race NOT to abuse Milo, should be interesting to see if the character can actually be offended or anything like that...

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Keane Ng said:
Peter Molyneux has too much faith in the goodness of the human race
Don't you think it makes much more sense with the second half of the sentence cut out?

The fact is that if the option to be evil exists, people will take it. That is, unfortunately, the way it is. I realise I'm someone whose faith in humanity died a long time ago, but I can't help feeling that, as you said, people tend to take the evil path. That's not to say people are inherently evil, but they are selfish, and will tend to do things for no other reason than because they can. If the option exists to "abuse" Milo, people will take it.
WanderFreak said:
Did... did Peter Molyneux say something was IMPOSSIBLE while promoting a game?
You have won the Internet. Have a cookie.

The_Angry_Haruhist

Apr 16, 2009
I think Molyneux needs a realit check. If the Sims has taught me anything, it's that people love to ruin the lives of little virtual people.

If they make Milo, then people will abuse and torture Milo. And since he can't die, his suffering will be eternal.

Even if the game is designed so that it should be impossible to do this kind of thing, people will still find a way to do it.

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
So you can't hand him a knife and convince him to cut open his arm? Damn.. :(

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
Sparrow Tag said:
Football? I don't care if Keane calls it soccer. I call it football. Stop bothering me, mod. Don't you have co-workers to do that to? Go eat some fatty products and leave me alone.

Don't blame me, blame the English inside me. It's a immediate response!
Don't you have some spotted dick to eat? :)

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
This is weird. My cousin who I haven't seen in 10 years got married on Saturday....her last name is Moleyneux now.....

.....and she's a housing officer....oh god.....

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Damn, that was the first thing I thought of doing when I saw this 'Milo'. It would of been hilarious.

Also, if ever there was a next-gen game for paedophiles. This is probably it.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I played fable 2. I was good for a while but I had to start doing good things because I felt a bit guilty.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I can't quite identify exactly what it is, but there's something about Peter Molyneux that makes me want to bang my head repeatedly against the wall whenever I see his face or hear his voice. Maybe it's his face. Or his voice.

That said, regardless of who's responsible for it, this Milo thing sounds like my absolute worst nightmare. I spend enough time trying to avoid my nephew, so the last thing I need is some bloody computerised kid bothering me. Maybe it responds to "piss off and leave me alone"? I dunno. Still, I can't help thinking it's all very clever.