Oct 17, 2008
Svenparty said:
mike1921 said:
Svenparty said:
mike1921 said:
Svenparty said:
mike1921 said:
.marry me?
Okay but first I'm waiting until Peter Molyneux releases this game so Milo can ask his father to drive us to the virtual chapel.
Miilo's father? You mean his programmer?

I doubt Lionhead will have time to drive us since they are probably creating cures for cancer by their technological claims.

I guess his Virtual Father will take us...unless he's homophobic
If he is I'm chopping off his nutsack.[
See Molyneux is right...We haven't even played Milo yet and we are developing a friendship with him already.
Peter Molyneux is god!

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
mike1921 said:
Peter Molyneux is god!
Yeah! lets all follow the production process and listen to every interview/podcast/magazine scan of Milo and if it isn't going to change the world BURN DOWN LIONHEAD!!!!!!

/hype

Only Molyneux would think releasing a Life Sim that is a little boy would be a fantastically amazing idea that the world cannot corrupt.

theevilgerbil

Mar 18, 2009
hmm i would show Milo drugs and see if Natal scans it into his world then he will be scary as!...hehe or ask him if he thinks he's a real boy or a video game....then tell him he's not real....and he will commit suicide or RROD the 360....or turn into Skynet.

WheresMyCow

Oct 2, 2008
People were good on Fable 2? Maybe they appeared to be.
My guy was a murdering psychopath who took the tenants of the house out to the woods and killed them for the discount you get, then proceeded to fix my evil by PAYING IT OFF WITH MONEY!
Anyways, amazingly incorrect assumptions aside.
I'm not interested in the slightest, but I'll keep my mind clear of any preconceived notions and pray to Bob for the best.

Ometochtli

Sep 10, 2008
Whats the point of this game anyway? I mean i understand how its a big leap forward in A.I but why would anyone want to buy Milo as a game. Who would want to play soccer with a virtual boy, when you can just go out and buy FIFA 2009.

"Milo go jump off a building"

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
megapenguinx said:
I wonder if he realizes the first thing people do when they gain control of a virtual person is they try to cause it bodily harm. That's why a lot of people enjoy the Sims, they can torture and mess around with the lives of all these people in the game.
Exactly, I was very cruel god in the Sims and Sim City myself.

Kirosilence

Nov 28, 2007
I am speechless. If this is real, and not some elaborate hoax, then I am god damned speechless.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Kirosilence said:
I am speechless. If this is real, and not some elaborate hoax, then I am god damned speechless.
That Means your a SICK PEDOPHILE lolololol111!

Lol I went over to the Lionhead Forums and every single person who seems concerned about Milo Manipulation is getting their threads locked...

Milo Gate Has Started

Supernova2000

Shivan Sympathizer
May 2, 2009
Impressive from a purely technological point of view. Realistic reactions to voice input and so on but there's no way on this earth you can call that a 'game'!

I played Fable: The Lost Chapters and liked it. THAT is a game, something you control directly with buttons, not have a bloody conversation with. Unless this one day turns into some sort of interactive centralised house management system, like Mentor from Captain Power, the only purpose I can think of for this 'Milo' is to stop kids from forming REAL friendships with REAL kids. Imagine the bereavement that would be caused by a fucking power cut of all things! And I thought Playstation Home was a pointless hybrid Sims/Facebook gimmick but Milo easily mowes that down with a minigun, tears on through to the finish faster than an F-22 Raptor and takes the gold trophy! It only took the 1st 20 seconds of watching that video to make me feel sick and realise that Molyneux is so full of bullshit he may as well run for government or join forces with Bill Gates because that's a stupid idea truly worthy of microsoft! Plus I find Milo's voice extremely irritating, like the protagonist Alex from Alex Builds His Farm, to the point that I want to press the red button and not the interactive one either!

I'd probably consider trying this out (if money wasn't an issue and/or hell freezes over) if the character was sharp, witty and wise-cracking instead of a slow stupid retard, then I'd have a good bantering session with it but then again, I have FRIENDS I can exchange wise-cracks with and it doesn't cost a bloody penny!

"Milo, take this hammer and beat some sense into Peter Molyneux"

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
As I'm sure has been mentioned already Milo might not be the tool for older players.

I honestly see him being used primarily as a learning tool for younger children, he could possibly replace childrens TV, that's a future I'm willing to see happen.

All in all, I'm impressed by this Natal thing more than I am with Milo It looks like a step in the right direction for emersive gaming.

skcseth

May 25, 2009
I'm pretty sure people couldn't do inappropriate things with Milo anyway. It's a GAME. And as "interactive" as it may seem, it's still only programed to do certain things and react to certain commands, and I'm pretty sure "Milo, get on your knees and give me a virtual bj." isn't one of those commands.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
I don't think Peter Monoleaux truly understands the nature of human beings. Look at the way people acted in both Fables. I just beat you with my sword and had eveyone screaming in terror five minutes ago. Bot NOW everyones standing around cheering me because I'm eating carrots and celery.... WTF?

Having said that, I wonder if you can feel the boy things like dirt and glass?

Leorex

Jun 4, 2008
i was hoping it was going to be like black and white where you could slap them then when they did somthing good you tickle them. leading to great fun.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Kukul said:
By the way wouldn't it be way better to make Milo a hot chick, avoid all the controversy and make fucktons of money?
I suspect that would cause just as much controversy. Just different controversy.

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
Would people want to do horrible things to Milo if he reacted realistically to those things?

Let's say you try and light him on fire. If he started screaming and running around, burnt flesh falling off his body, would people do it anyway?

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Reminds me of 'Hey You Pikachu!' only with less pikachu, and definitely less Bulbasaur, meaning it's less awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_You,_Pikachu!

Should be interesting though, I'll keep my eye on this.