Monkey Island Returns With New Series, Remake

Crooked Knight

Nov 8, 2007
Johnmw said:
nilcypher said:
*crosses fingers and wishes very hard* Please be good, please be good, please be good.
Joins in...why do they need new voice actors guybrush was great in Escape....loved escape, even buying cannons from a greasy little kid was a joy and don't get me started on verbal swahbuckling...now if only real fights could be resolved in such a genteel manner.
What new voice actors? Dominic Armato is voicing Guybrush in both new games. (and having chatted with him about it on the Telltale forums, I get the impression that he'd have done it for free if they asked. The man loves these games.)

5stringedbandit

Jun 6, 2009
Well its been a long time for the old adventure games. With the addiction of Wii's point and click capabilities due to sensor controls its a surprise it would not choose this to host the new Monkey island. Will it maintain the same formula as the old ones or are those days well and truly dead? If so I can't help but wonder what steps they are taking to develop new ideas/controls and gameplay methods to keep people interested, or are they relying purely on nostalgia to present the game?

Guybrush Threepwood

Apr 9, 2008
I have to say that the main thing that's going to bring me back to this series again and again is Dominic. I mean the fact that games are downright hilarious and fantastically written adventures is second to his perfect personifying of Guybrush xD
But i haven't actually played the 4th one, the whole 3D thing just put me off a bit, i'm gathering from the opinions in this thread that it was abit sub-par? D: