More Half-Life 3 Proof

Mo-shi

Mar 27, 2011
http://suddenlyswans.tumblr.com/post/13935481428/sinusoidalsoup-duamuteffe-protokol

Some Half-Life 3 Achievements have been "found". Devs have been spotted wearing Half-Life 3 shirts as well!

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Are we finally close to the promised day?

Are we just being trolled again?

I like to think that this time, it's real. :')

Glowbug

Jul 10, 2011
This seems very Valve-ey. If they're going to tease Half Life 3, they're going to do it in such a way that will just annoy us.

(but, like everyone else here, I live in hope)

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
I hate to be "that guy", but that achievement photo looked so fake it literally made me laugh.

The photo of the shirt has been proven real. But that other pic is clearly a photo-shopped fake. Look at the display pic for Half-Life 3 in the upper corner. It's just a cropped image of one of the two concept art pics revealed back in 2008.

Sorry folks, but nothing to see here.

Encentrik

Nov 11, 2011
I'm not an expert but I agree with Vigormortis; I think it's fake. The achievements pretty much set it off; I would think Valve would create some really interesting/funny pictures for the Achievements but those look like someone just went in photoshop and made some during his spare time.

Kramcake2516

Feb 8, 2010
I?ve pretty much given up on half-life 3 the very fact that they are leaving it so long only raises people?s expectations of a game that if I?m honest was good but wasn?t exactly the second coming of Christ

OT: Short answer NO long answer NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
But seriously I don?t even think we are anywhere near "the promised day" maybe not even near the right decade

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Well, it has been about as many years since Half-Life 2 as there were between Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2. The achievements do look fake, but still, I'm inclined to believe the game is nearing release.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
I would agree, but no one knows their fans like Valve, So they could have made it like that...
and now you're going to be paranoid for the rest of the day...
U Mad?

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
I'm looking at this with hope, but no expectations of anything to come of it in the near future.

It'll be released at some point, when that point is, I don't know, best not to lose sleep over it, because it could be a lot of sleep missed with how long Valve takes to develop their games.

noahpocalypse

Oct 23, 2011
Kramcake2516 said:
OT: Short answer NO long answer NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Lol. I should remember that one.

You know, I used to make funny jokes like that, then I- "ow! There goes the other one!"

Fat4all

Aug 6, 2011
Why would there be an achievement tracking page for a game in which no one should have the achievements for?

I also find it suspect that the achievements listed only sound like thing's people would already know through speculation (Ice Cave, Dr. Mossman).

Nah, can't trust it.

Shirt was real, though.

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
No! Don't get your hopes up. They shall only be dashed as painfully as before. Spare yourself now before you board a doomed hype train!

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Maybe, just maybe, if the stars align correctly and hell freezes over tomorrow night, we'll be surprised to see Valve there to tease Half-Life 3.

Gabe: Trololol, we've been working on it the whole time and it'll be out next month.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I doubt Valve is this sloppy with the achievements considering they added junk data with TF2 patches to hide the real items.
EP3 is going to be released but not in the upcoming years.(unless they have a hidden dev team)

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Does look like something Valve would do, but the concept art in the corner gave it away. Also, I wanna be watching the VGAs live, so when will they be in GMT?

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
The reason it's barely been talked about for so long as because they know the expectation that they have to reach.

I have the feeling we're gonna see some very genre defining things this time around.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Fat4all said:
Why would there be an achievement tracking page for a game in which no one should have the achievements for?

I also find it suspect that the achievements listed only sound like thing's people would already know through speculation (Ice Cave, Dr. Mossman).

Nah, can't trust it.

Shirt was real, though.
beta testers?
although I doubt having achievements for a beta is just stupid.