Mortal Kombat X Is Getting Four New Characters - Update

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Mortal Kombat X Is Getting Four New Characters - Update

Ed Boon has teased a big reveal for tomorrow, and it appears to be new characters for Mortal Kombat X.

Update: Warner Bros. confirmed in a press release today that NetherRealm Studios is developing new DLCs for Mortal Kombat X, which will include new playable characters, skins, and a new environment. These additions are expected to be available some time in the first half of 2016.

There is no word yet on who these characters may be, or if we will even be finding out today. As always, we will keep you updated with all new information as it becomes available.

Original Story: Several days ago, Mortal Kombat series co-creator Ed Boon teased an upcoming (upkoming?) announcement In a tweet today [https://twitter.com/noobde/status/638470450897555456], Boon posted an image that appears to indicate that Mortal Kombat X will be beefing up their roster, with details coming tomorrow. While I hate to speak in absolutes without proof, the image is fairly straight forward.

Tremor's July release [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141631-Mortal-Kombat-X-Tremor-Has-a-Release-Date-of-July-21] marked the release of the final DLC character for the Kombat Pack, and many speculated that additional characters would be coming - particularly due to the amount of non-playable franchise characters that appear in the game. While I'm personally holding out hope for a Smoke or Cyrax appearance, we will all have to wait until tomorrow for the specifics.

We will update this post with whatever news is revealed once it becomes available.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/noobde/status/638470450897555456]

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/noobde/status/639175597017726976]

Mar 26, 2008
Well, there's a picture of the moon, but we already have Reptile soooo...

I'm hoping for a playable Baraka. He could possibly be that far left (or far right depending on your perspective) one. Or add in another horror villain like Pinhead from Hellraiser (or another Cenobite).

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
They better be Cryax, Baraka, Smoke, and Noob or I'll be one moderately aggravated gamer because that characters I want still won't be in the game but still happy that I have new people to play as.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
josephf5 said:
I want Smoke, but only if it's Cyber Smoke. Human Smoke is lame.
Why not both at the sametime? Smoke can swtich between Robot and Human in UMK3. And come on Human Smoke's hair is fabulous ;)

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/mkwikia/images/a/ab/Smokerenderexp2.png/revision/latest?cb=20110520040849

josephf5

Feb 21, 2015
Samtemdo8 said:
josephf5 said:
I want Smoke, but only if it's Cyber Smoke. Human Smoke is lame.
Why not both at the sametime? Smoke can swtich between Robot and Human in UMK3. And come on Human Smoke's hair is fabulous ;)

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/mkwikia/images/a/ab/Smokerenderexp2.png/revision/latest?cb=20110520040849
I don't care if they also add Human Smoke. I'm just saying the Smoke I want is the cyborg one.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Watch it be another character that was already in the game that you face in story but they decided to charge for

voltair27

Apr 9, 2012
Still waiting on Rain, Baraka and Sindel. They're already in the game so you might as well hurry it up.

Expecting Stryker, Kabal, Nightwolf and Smoke to show up at some point too.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Really hope on of them is Noob. I thought the whole "Shadow Ninja" concept and execution was pretty awesome in MK9, I'd love to see how MKX handles it.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Batman or Superman, due to the next movie coming out. After all, they got to waste a DC character slot in Injustice with Scorpion, which annoyed a lot of people, myself included. I would expect something as stupid.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
That's no moon...

Wait, is this a Star Wars crossover? Could it be!? Boba Fe-

No.

The robots would be cool. Cyrax and Sektor 4 lyfe.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
lets see first who they are. i only got my self 2 characters in the last pack which were only tanya and predator. didnt care for the rest.
having syndel would be awesome though. but when i look at the shapes, none of them look female.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
All the outlines look like male characters to me, which means no Sindel (one of the more obvious choices since appears in story mode), Jade (my fav female character of the franchise :/ I was still holding out hope she might get an appearance eventually even though is very very dead) or Skarlet (who was quite fun in mk9).

Hum of the dude characters who would I want to see... Baraka for one, Smoke for another..And Noob Saibot as 3rd choice.
Or any of the cyber ninjas, we have been lacking robots in mk X.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Frankster said:
All the outlines look like male characters to me, which means no Sindel (one of the more obvious choices since appears in story mode), Jade (my fav female character of the franchise :/ I was still holding out hope she might get an appearance eventually even though is very very dead) or Skarlet (who was quite fun in mk9).
yes, these are the once i would love to see as well. unless its their plan to release now a male pack and the next time its a female pack. cunning scheme if this would be the case.

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Frankster said:

Hum of the dude characters who would I want to see... Baraka for one, Smoke for another..And Noob Saibot as 3rd choice.
Or any of the cyber ninjas, we have been lacking robots in mk X.
Based off the perceived height of the character that is second from the left (and this is based off where I am viewing the neck in relation to the first outline), as well as the outline of the shoulders and the hair, I'd feel fairly comfortable guessing that that character might be Frost. I'm guessing, from left to right, that we're looking at Baraka, Frost, Cyrax (Sektor, Smoke, and Noob Saibot also possible), and Rain. This is purely speculative though.

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
If Ed Boon posted a picture of a full moon, and if the moon is some sort of hint... the moon, it is associated with werewolves and vampires, so Scarlet maybe? However, the moon influences the worlds ocean, and the ocean evaporates and over time that evaporation becomes rain... rain? that's it! the next character is Rain!

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Orbot_Vectorman said:
If Ed Boon posted a picture of a full moon, and if the moon is some sort of hint... the moon, it is associated with werewolves and vampires, so Scarlet maybe? However, the moon influences the worlds ocean, and the ocean evaporates and over time that evaporation becomes rain... rain? that's it! the next character is Rain!
Or the moon could mean they are bringing back the Pit stage (Pit 1 and 2 had a full moon sky) which might also reveal that Stage Fatalities are coming back. And I like me the Pit Stage.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/mkwikia/images/6/67/Pit1.png/revision/latest?cb=20070829004925