Mortified Magpie

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
This is the official thread for "Mortified Magpie".

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/games/stonking_great/game/18-Mortified+Magpie

Please tell us what you think of the game; use of the words "compelling" and "cinematic" are already assumed in your reviews.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
The graphics are nice, but the complete lack of sound is kind of off putting. and well, why is it in a ZP game contest.

Snipingkid

Apr 17, 2009
I'd assume it's plagiarized or something, but I think the contest required the source code while entering.
Seriously, why is this even on the page?

Cornflake

Dec 26, 2008
I don't know why they posted it either, and I'm it's bemused creator.
I submitted it before reading the fine print and emailed in saying something along the lines of "Oh, sorry about that, old chums. Just ignore that there game!"

I know there's no sound.
And it isn't plagarised.

Feel free to ignore this entire situation completely.
Perhaps if I pretend to you that about twenty-two litres of alcohol, a garden hose, some surgical rubber and a short but homeless penguin were involved, it would make more sense.

Edit:
P'rhaps one day in the not too distant future, there will be another contest (not too dissimilar to the one at hand) at such a time during which it would be quite fathomable that I'd have enough timely resources to actually make a game based around Zero Punctuation.

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
...What the hell?

Remind anyone of anything? [http://www.helicopter-game.org/] Is this a joke?

Cornflake

Dec 26, 2008
I am quite aware of the similarities to Helicopter, I assure you.
I was not aiming for any unique gameplay mechanics or (as is glaringly evident) storytelling.
This was a game originally purposed for a separate competition, as Yahtzee so eloquently pointed out. After briefly seeing the advertisement tacked on to the end of a ZP video I just happened to be watching one Thursday afternoon, I posted my game in hoping to kill two proverbial birds with one equally proverbial piano. During this process, I neglected to locate the fine print that stated it had to be centred around Zero Punctuation. I sent a message to the coordinator of the proceedings and (if memory serves) told him just to ignore it.

I was not in fact aware of my entry being on the site until precisely fifty-two seconds past 7:10pm today.

I apologise for any sort of itching discomfort this causes anybody, but I do thank you all for your input. Speaking of such matters, Eric the Orange, I appreciate your comment on the graphics. I usually go for the line-less simplicity you see here. It usually works.

So you see, dear sunami88, this was not a serious entry to the competition. Obviously I will be a little more scrupulous in my perusal of such intricate details.