Most amount of sheer, unstoppable, replayable fun in a single player game

DrFecka

Dec 21, 2009
Dead Rising 2, I played through it three times and it was still awesome stabbing a zombie with a pitchfork only to shoot it into a billion little pieces with the shotgun I had duck-taped to the aforementioned pitchfork

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
GTA: Vice City. That game really set the bar high for mass mayhem. GTA3 was a bit more dreary in art style, and San Andreas was less crazy.

nuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertoolsnuttertools

You get the idea.

I'm having way too much fun with Europa Universalis 3 right now. Contrary to my initial expectations, that game is highly replayable.

Or in FO3, getting Martigen's Monster mod, tripling the number of critters, and running into a huge stack of muties armed with nothing but nuka grenades. Good times, good times.

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
Mass Effect and Mass effect 2, I've played both at least 400 hours each.

xenos60

Mar 14, 2009
Soldiers Heroes of World War 2. Under-appreciated rts/tps with a pretty good campaign, probably about 10 hours worth of play, but it had an awesome modding community that kept it running for years.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Worgen said:
a tie between halo (first one) and dawn of war dark crusade
I played tho the original halo like 10 times
it took like a good month of playing to win dark crusade with every race on multiple difficulties and I still dream of playing it more
Really? After skipping turns the game masturbated and there were only 2 races left. Don't get me wrong, I love the game but the Campaign was kinda meh to me.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

In relation to the topic, the Halo:Combat Evolved singleplayer with Co-Op is a blast.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
xRBEASTx said:
pulse2 said:
Sheer gameplay fun.
Saints Row 2- Low gravity + Never Die + Pimp Slap = awesomeness. If you don't know what I'm talking about, play that game. Right. Now.

Just Cause 2- Needs no further explanation.
Ninja'd. Seriously. Those were the first 2 that popped into my head.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Nouw said:
Worgen said:
a tie between halo (first one) and dawn of war dark crusade
I played tho the original halo like 10 times
it took like a good month of playing to win dark crusade with every race on multiple difficulties and I still dream of playing it more
Really? After skipping turns the game masturbated and there were only 2 races left. Don't get me wrong, I love the game but the Campaign was kinda meh to me.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

In relation to the topic, the Halo:Combat Evolved singleplayer with Co-Op is a blast.
the campaign wasnt the most finaly crafted one Ive ever played but it was still alot of fun and I had to see what the end was for each side and I loved how the heroes yelled at each other when you took on a strong hold

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Unreal Freaking Tournament. Both the first and the 2004 one.

Sure they're great on their own but when you add on custom mods and levels and an extremely powerful level editor...

Years of my life are still getting wasted by it.

Besides those games though, I'd have to say Timesplitters 3.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
GTA San Andreas PC: I like arming civilians, getting 7 followers and bull****ing around with them. I've started that first chapter so much.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion: I like to lure the pirates in the imperial city toward civilians, sit back and watch the huge brawl take place. Surprisingly, the pirates fare decently when i lure 3 of them but die quicker when i lure 8. I also do this in Anvil with the ghost and slaughter ships.

assassins creed 2: I like taking mercenaries in Tuscany and making them fight standing guards. One always backs too far and attracts a second group of standing guards, then a patrol spots them and joins the fray. I enjoy standing right in the middle of the battle watching.

Jan 29, 2009
xRBEASTx said:
pulse2 said:
Sheer gameplay fun.
Saints Row 2- Low gravity + Never Die + Pimp Slap = awesomeness. If you don't know what I'm talking about, play that game. Right. Now.

Just Cause 2- Needs no further explanation.
Oh God, you just made me realize how much I miss Saints Row 2 since my disc got scratched, and how much time I spend on Just Cause 2.
Personal favorite thing was tethering a truck to an airliner on takeoff, staying in said truck, and accidentally destroying the plane midflight because of the truck whipping around madly. After blowing up the plane mid-flight, the truck was STILL able to land safely.

2nd best thing I ever did happened in the demo. I was being chased by baddies, so I went to that small airfield in the desert, hopped in the plane, and tried to flee. By this time, however, there were gunships on my tail, so I decided to fly back around for an attack run, so I lined up the plane, and began surfing on the hood with twin submachineguns a blazing, trying to take down one of the helicopters.
After about 2 seconds of this, I realized my aim with lining up the plane was TOO good, and immediately jumped ship as my plane plowed into an enemy helicopter, causing an atrocious explosion, sending both to the ground in a flaming heap! Still in the air, I popped my chute, and was able to grapple onto another gunship, hijacking it, and continuing my 30-minute rampage.

tseroff

Jun 8, 2009
Hmmm Minecraft and Crash Bandicoot Racing. The latter was my very first game, and I played the DEMO for hours and hours. When I finally got the game, I played it even more. So much epic racing... *sigh* nostalgia...

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
...ugh... Fallout 3 I think. It's big so there's a lot to do. by the way my multiplayer option would be TF2 since my total time for that game outweighs my total time for every other game I've ever player by a few hundred hours.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
Reading through this thread, I'm sorta baffled. I like videogames. I play them everyday. I cannot fathom how a person plays through the same game more than twice. I guess I'm all about the actual content rather than the play mechanics. Once I've exhausted the story or progression or whatever, I'm done.