Most annoying boss fights

Zarthek

Apr 12, 2009
Paperplanes79 said:
Most annoying boss fight? Not having one after you've built up and amazing story.
This, or one that teleports, 1 hit kills, and attacks unblockably fast (I pray one such as this doesn't exist)

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Not exactly a boss fight, but leading up to one, the acrobatic part of Psychonauts before the final boss battle was a pain in the ass. Especially the spiraling, burning cage you have to climb up.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
tomtom94 said:
Julianking93 said:
Rikku in Kingdom Hearts 1.

Not so much Rikku himself, but the fact that I had to watch that god damn cutscene about 30 fucking times!!!
The second one where you don't have the support of Goofy or Donald? I got stuck on that for ages too.
Especially annoying since the Hades Cup isn't open.

In the end I just went away and ground myself retarded. That worked.
Yeah, that one sucks. And the cutscenes aren't even that bad. But I'm not too fond of hearing Haley Joel Osmand's whiny little prepubescent voice for about an hour.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
someonehairy-ish said:
all the prince of persia (newer one) bosses- specially the warrior. Stupid button mash-fests. Some of the bosses in warrior within were annoying to.
Thank you... not to mention the fact that you have to fight eachone of the assholes five fucking times.

S53

Jul 18, 2009
The one eyed giant in Prince of Persia The Two Thrones.

I was not happy about him. Or Adam in RES5.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
The Wolverine video game/movie tie in. The last couple levels from Chapter 3 were all boss fights, then you start the 4th Chapter fighting- guess what- ANOTHER BOSS BATTLE .

The bosses themselves weren't very annoying, except for fighting the Wendigo's all at once.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
The Nihilanth in Half Life on the PS2 (all the glitches in this thing allow everything you shoot/fire/whatever at it pass through.) Never was able to get past that point. Besides the glitches, the asshole teleports you to places that are hair ripping, screamingly difficult to get out of and he had his little assholes come over and kill you. There's no way really to get any health or ammo and the one spot that there is health & ammo in the chamber, you are most likely going to break your legs and die while trying to get at it.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
The big red demon from Bulletwitch. He never changes tactics, but HE JUST WON'T DIE!

I had to fight that fecker 5 times, it wasn't fun on Hell difficulty.

GrindBass

Jun 7, 2009
The Goliath from Resistance: FoM. 10 minutes solid firing missiles at it with no way to tell if you were doing any damage (I had to check a guide). And then to top it off, once you'd killed it 2 of the same vehicle you were in appeared before there was a checkpoint, which were harder to hit and harder to dodge their attacks than the boss.

LaBambaMan

Jul 13, 2009
The main villain guy in the original Front Mission(can't remember his name). Stupid wanzer of his does like 500 damage just by looking at you.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Guitarmasterx7 said:
all boss fights before recently have been trumped by Elizabeth Green from prototype. If you're not familiar with it, it's this giant biomass worm thing that's stationary in the middle of time square.

To start off, it's completely surrounded by infected, your standard "Larger, tough to beat" enemies AND the military. It will shoot projectiles at you if you're far away, which can manifest as either a large damage bile attack or machine gun fire of rocks. If you get too close to it it will hit you with its tentacle things. To as much as damage it you have to run up to it and kill two tentacle things and the big stock supporting its body, which have a good amount of health on their own, so it will fall down. Then you actually start damaging Green, which provided you don't get interrupted by any of the enemies you can get about a 6th of her health down before she gets back up and you have to repeat the whole process.

But the worst part is she has a 1 hit kill large radius attack which is used very liberally, and decimates two whole city blocks to every direction, which travels about as fast as you can run and offers the only warning as time slowing down for a split second, and while you're running from it she's shooting her machine gun rocks at you, which make you trip and get killed by the explosion thing. There's also NO checkpoints whatsoever while fighting this boss. So if you die, and you will, you have to start all over.
I disagree that it was hard. It just was not fair. I beat her, but it took me an hour. And I apparently got lucky with the Explosion thing. She used it only after she came back up after I knocked her out. I guess I was lucky.

zinen

Jul 19, 2009
any boss in most of the sonic games OH SEGA WHY WHY DID YOU SCREW UP SONIC!!!! lol im a big fanboy ether that or a few is jet set radio future sega should make another one

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
Ganondorf's final human form in Twilight Princess. He was easy as piss to avoid but I just got bored and stopped playing (I haven't bothered going back since).
I must have spent 20 minutes futilely hitting him or trying to engage one of those mortal-clash things I saw in the gameplay videos (apparently thats the only way to damage him or something).

That and Rundas... with a dodgy nunchuck.

Renset

Jul 19, 2009
In pokemon red and blue, Gary on the bridge leading north of Cerulean City. I remember spending so much time loosing against him.

I also remember one of the Ratchet and Clank games having a tricky last boss, not quite sure which one though.