Most annoying boss fights

ChaosHazard

Jul 17, 2009
Oh God.

In Megaman X: Command Mission, the desert boss Botos.

He heals basically every turn and does a buttload of damage to boot.

He also sings, for some reason.

bluegriffin8

Apr 14, 2009
Is this supposed to be a thread about annoying bosses, or bosses that you want to violently murder in their sleep?

Any ways, my choices would either be

Demyx from KH2. I mean, I love his character, but his water clones got me every time. Stupid bastard...

or

the Golem Sisters, from Chrono Trigger.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
all the prince of persia (newer one) bosses- specially the warrior. Stupid button mash-fests. Some of the bosses in warrior within were annoying to.

vladtehimpaler

Jun 23, 2009
Cajt said:
Golem Sisters from Chrono Trigger.

What the hell? You took half my HP in one move!? One freaking move!?
/ wince i feel your pain

Also:
FFXII Hell Wyrm (12 million hp=4 wasted hours of my life failing)
Those damn rabbits in FFXI
The squid boss form dragon quest 8
Anything with weapon in it's name.
The survivors in Dead Rising

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
gmer412 said:
Any late Gym Leader in a pokemon game. STOP USING FULL RESTORES, YOU BASTARD! /rage.
That pissed me off to no end. You either have to use a one hit KO or hit them with a move that took half health twice in a row. I swear when I get them down to 2 health and they use a full restore, I almost go on a rampage.

People complained about how hard the boss battles in Prototype were, but all you really had to do was learn the patterns of the bosses, jump in with the blade, let them take your health, then use a devastator on them. And steal helicopters.
The Elizabeth Green battle was the only one that made me mad because the best place to do the devastators was when you're pressed up against it, and when I tried to it would shoot those annoying green balls at me. The Supreme Hunter would jump over to you, so you could start doing a devastator and let him jump on top of you so it would go off right underneath him. The other boss battles weren't too insanely hard, although repetative. I mean, the goal for each battle was jump in, attack, diveroll away, and repeat. Nothing too frustrating.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
I have two nominations

Most annoying for being dull: Jack of Blades in Fable I. Most dull pointless boss fight ever. You just hide, dodge and attempt to hit him for a reasonable amount of damage. Which is nigh-on impossible because you can't use your bow and he takes f-all damage from magic.

Most annoying for being annoying: The boss fight I'm stuck on Chrono Trigger...I think it's Gaia Golem or something. I haven't played for a while.
It hits with two attacks before any of your characters' meters fill. This will kill at least one of your characters before you even get a chance to heal, then it will do the same again for the other ones.
I'm still trying to fathom a strategy that doesn't involve a GameFAQs cop-out...

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
inFamous's final boss, Kessler. On hard difficulty, he has so much health that after the tedious 30min war, your hands are probably in extreme pain.

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
Either Saren from Mass Effect, because his shields would recharge if you weren't constantly hitting him, or the crazy lollypop lady from Condemned 2.

iseestupid

Feb 25, 2009
tomtom94 said:
Most annoying for being annoying: The boss fight I'm stuck on Chrono Trigger...I think it's Gaia Golem or something. I haven't played for a while.
It hits with two attacks before any of your characters' meters fill. This will kill at least one of your characters before you even get a chance to heal, then it will do the same again for the other ones.
I'm still trying to fathom a strategy that doesn't involve a GameFAQs cop-out...
Well, if you want a hint that will help you quite a bit without giving away too much...
He needs both hands/whatever they are to do those annoying attacks. But having only one changes things...

I never found that boss part particularly difficult or annoying, I beat him rather quickly.

On No More Heroes, there's that Samurai girl [I can't remember her name at the moment] pretty early on that constantly destroyed me. Took me a month to get a strategy, even then a lot of luck was involved.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
I'm told that in order to beat the ridiculously overpowered Barrier Trio in Mother 3, you have to repeatedly decrease his defence so he is preoccupied with increasing his own defence.

SO WHY DOESN'T IT BLOODY WORK??????

Sir-Tdb

Jul 14, 2009
ta2ce said:
Who's play'd Prototype surely knows of the most annoying boss ever.
I agree on that.

That boss will bash me into a coma on hard mode if I try it. :'(

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
tomtom94 said:
Grind yourself stupid with Crono, Lucca, and Marle and have them get Delta Force. That battle is so damn easy for me because by the time I get to him I just spam Delta Force on his ass. Just keep Spamming Delta Force till his hands vanish and beat him silly with normal attacks until his hands come back, rinse and repeat.

Seriously the only two bosses in CT that ever gave me trouble was Magus and Lavos final form. Every other boss I made my ***** first try...because I am that awesome :p

Oh and I still hate that god forsaken Magi Master from FF6. Such a long a tedious battle. He's easy, but if you kill him while he still has sufficient magic he casts ultima on your party...bastard.

OniSuika

Jul 11, 2009
ta2ce said:
Who's play'd Prototype surely knows of the most annoying boss ever.
Elizabeth Greene or the final Hunter on the aircraft carrier? Both were really, REALLY annoying.

Most of the bosses in XBlades are really annoying, and have way too much health.

Also technically not a boss, but in Dynasty Warriors 6, in most characters first stages, Lu Bu turns up, and while you're trying to defeat the enemy leader, 2 hit KO you from behind. Very annoying.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Has anybody played The Last Remnant?
Their are some infuriating bosses in that game.

The fallen! Absolutely destroys your teams, unless you grind their stats. And, to beat that, you have to beat it in 10 rounds.

Jun 11, 2008
-Seraph- said:
The Magimaster from FF6 at the top of the tower of magic. FUCK!!! That guy was a complete piss off if you didn't know what to do or what was in store for you when you beat him. If you beat him he casts ultima, the ultimate FUCK YOU move that kills your entire party (casts 9999 dmg) forcing you to start over. The only way to win if to first cast berserk on him you you can actually attack him and then spend FOREVER draining his magic...and he has a shit ton. Gotta drain it to the point where he cant cast ultima so you can kill him, or drain his MP entirely and then he dies. It can take over and hour to beat him...it's just so damn evil.
Yes I know I fought him and forgot about that but I had reflect on all of my characters and came back 3 hours later as he was about to kill himself although I dunno if my party was good or high level enough anyway all had about 2,000ish health.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Not really a boss, and not really a challenge.

But that plant-thing in the Forest of FFIX. I wasted months on 'attack' ing it, but then I found out the trance-powers.

Then it was an easy plant.

Second time in FFIX, the Giant Air-Ship. I took the Mage with me. Turns out you can't use magic at the damn place.

Joy.

Denarius

Jun 25, 2009
It actually wasnt that bad for me, just go around with hit and run tactics using the whipfist, run from building to building around her and use the fully charged stabbing attack with it in mid air on the three tentecles, then when she falls over stunned, switch to the sword arm and do the diving slash on her head as many times as possible. rinse, repeat, stay the fuck out of her reach when she even looks like shes goin nova on your ass and last of all, when low on health run to one of the taller buildings in the area and just wait there, a few hunters will come by, kill em, absorb em, then go kick ass, oh and use the buildings to block her ranged attacks if your having trouble dodging the rocks green energy homing orb things of death.... yes you can tell those things pissed me off for a time.