Most Annoying Online Gamers

cyrad

Dec 24, 2008
Foreign gamers that, instead of going to their designated foreign-speaking servers, go to game servers explicitly labeled for English-speaking players. Not only do they then spam the chat in their foreign language and ask whether anyone speaks their language (neglecting the fact that if they did, they wouldn't be in an English server), but they also complain and moan about how EVERYONE lags horribly in the game.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
I have met many an arsehole over online games but I feel that the following broad catagories are the worst:

- Achievement whores: Now, I like getting achievements (who doesn't?) but I never let that interfere with my playing of a particular game unlike these sods. Gears of War and Turok have been the worse games for this that I've played although I've had many people on CoD4 asking me to let them get headshots on me and subsiquantly throw a tantrum when I say no.

- Kareoke singers: People who sing over the headset and mic, need I say more?

- Americans: I have noticed that I have mostly recieved abuse in online games from American players and a lot of the time it has been centred around the fact that I am British (Irish) and have a British accent. Remember, where I'm sitting you're the one who's a foreigner.

- Children/Teenagers: Granted, not all children/teenagers can be placed under the annoying stereotype but enough can to support the fact that it is an accurate stereotype. I'm not sure if everyone else has encountered this but there seems to be this widespread agreement that the surefire way to settle a dispute is to be the only one who can get a word in, if you are an underage gamer then at least conceal that fact by turning your damn mic off.

- Hardcore/l33t gamers: The worst of the worst ladies and gents, I useually feel the urge to find out where these people live and crack them around the head with a hurling stick (congratulations to anyone who knows what that is). These are the gamers who take games far too seriously and seem to have a 'at all costs' and 'by any means nessercary' approach to winning online matches followed up by an ego to rival a fashion model (they also tend to have connections to clans and gaming forums).

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
Spartan Bannana said:
Dancingman said:
Spartan Bannana said:
If anyone generalizes and says children, I'll gut them like a fish.
Speaking of annoying internet tough guys... :)

But I despise the prepubescent players who can't shut up, I dread the day I find one that can actually play the game, I know that I'll be going to a therapist, or if I get angry enough, a prison cell, for years afterward.
We're not all like that just for your information.
PatientGrasshopper said:
Yea little kids is the main thing, especially when they are playing an M rated game, gee hm maybe there is a reason you are not supposed to be playing.
can you recommend any good Teen games with online as good as CoD's or Gears? Cause' I'd love to hear it.
I wasn't saying that you were all like that, I just hate the ones that are like that.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
~Compulsive whiners

~Hitler classed grammar Nazi's. Im dyslexic so i dont actully see alot of my grammar error's.

~Compulsive spammers. The ones that are doing it for kicks, i can take the one that are trying to sell stuff.

~Smack talkers that dont "got game"

~High level in effective healers. We will always run into a new player that isnt good at healing, but hell we all had to learn some time.

~People who treat the game is if its more important than real life.

~People who us the word "noob" as a real insult and expect me to truly feel hurt

~Trigger happy finger pointers

~And the ass the steals the last monster that i need to finish my lastest quest.

Ansem-The-Wise

Oct 19, 2008
It's hard to pick.

Squeekers: Annoying little bastards who have incredibly high voices (may or may not swear a lot.)

Campers: The guys that sit in one place and wait for people to walk nearby, like a leech.

People Who Complain about Campers: Excuse me, but we're playing CTF and it's not against the rules to defend my base.

Shotgun Hogs: The people who automatically head for the strongest weapon on the map.

Sword-Users: The idiots who use nothing but the sword in Halo 3 and uses special Disney-magic to travel across the universe and kill everyone in one hit.

College Frat-Boy Douchebags: Self explanitory.

BigbadaBEEF

Jan 5, 2009
people whose best insult is "i f***ed your mum" drearily repeated over and over before i get started on the fat jokes, and come to think of it,
i'm probably one of the most annoying people online although i can probably put that down to my mate who uses my headset far more
(and far more abusively) than me

PatientGrasshopper

Nov 2, 2008
Spartan Bannana said:
PatientGrasshopper said:
Spartan Bannana said:
Dancingman said:
Spartan Bannana said:
If anyone generalizes and says children, I'll gut them like a fish.
Speaking of annoying internet tough guys... :)

But I despise the prepubescent players who can't shut up, I dread the day I find one that can actually play the game, I know that I'll be going to a therapist, or if I get angry enough, a prison cell, for years afterward.
We're not all like that just for your information.
PatientGrasshopper said:
Yea little kids is the main thing, especially when they are playing an M rated game, gee hm maybe there is a reason you are not supposed to be playing.
can you recommend any good Teen games with online as good as CoD's or Gears? Cause' I'd love to hear it.
No I can't but my point is that kids try and play these gaqmes and then complain when they can't. They also try to act all tough and cool.
we don't all do that
Antiparticle said:
Little kids. Another one I see mentioned a lot, and with reason. Not only are their voices a pain to listen to, but they tend to sing silly songs, babble about nonsense, and keep asking for attention. ("Hey, guys! Hey guys! Guys!!!") And what are 11 year olds doing playing games like Gears of War 2 in the first place?!
Once again, we don't all do that. And would you care to reccomend a T or E game with online as good as CoD or Gears?
Oh I have one too:
People with hangovers/Assholes who think the reason there's a mic included is so that you don't use it: Being a kid, I take a lot of flak for my voice not having changed yet, but nothing pisses me off more then people who shout at us to shut up just because we like to have conversations during matches.
Hey I have an idea maybe someone should come up with a Sesame Street FPS, that way the kids have a place to go that won't annoy everyone else and everyone is happy, except of course the people who like to complain about every little thing. You say not all kids do that, but it seems a vast majority do, them and nerd fan boys are the majority of the annoyances.
Plus the whole point of a FPS is to kill and that would traumatize a kid and make them wet themselves.

scatmanfan

Dec 31, 2008
The people who demand a rematch when you're outnumbered and you already beat them by a huge margin, and upon barely winning that rematch rub it in your face as if it was you+100 guys versus one of them.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
PatientGrasshopper said:
Hey I have an idea maybe someone should come up with a Sesame Street FPS, that way the kids have a place to go that won't annoy everyone else and everyone is happy, except of course the people who like to complain about every little thing. You say not all kids do that, but it seems a vast majority do, them and nerd fan boys are the majority of the annoyances.
Plus the whole point of a FPS is to kill and that would traumatize a kid and make them wet themselves.
...I couldn't tell if that was an insult or a compliment.

PatientGrasshopper

Nov 2, 2008
Spartan Bannana said:
PatientGrasshopper said:
...I couldn't tell if that was an insult or a compliment.
The first part was just a statement the last sentence was partially sarcastic, but still relevant to the fact that there are certain things kids just shouldn't do because they are too young to handle them.

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
I hate people who always ***** when playing online. About the lag etc. Yeah a game may be laggy but what youre going to do about it. Complaining over and over doesnt help. Also I find almost everyone on GTA4 to be annoying.

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
Two types of online gamers annoy me, the ones that use glitches and the ones that are on their mic and wont shut the fuck up.

Ginja Ninja

Nov 16, 2008
Zallest said:
Ginja Ninja said:
You are the gamers that annoy me. Swearing is wrong? No it FUCKING isn't. Swearing is words, what is wrong is wars, capital punishment, tortures, rape, murder, persicution, purposful injustice, living in fear of death every day, what is wrong is that you actually said that. Fuck you, go live in a hole away from swearing and hopfully nearer real injustices. (I may not really mean that you should suffer these injustices I am merely ranting).
I counter your rant with a rant of my own!~ TRAP CARD!
You are the kind of people... person... that annoy us... me.. whatever
You sir need to read a little closer quoted from my post "I hate people who cuss and swear more then needed." I have no problem with swearing but i hate when people, especially the squeakers go on a constant rant of "F this F that Your mother f f f f f f b b b b b ass" (Letter used in place of words to shorten the post)

Edit: wasn't really a rant but i do hate people that quote me and say they hate my views when they don't entirely understand what i was saying partially because they skimmed through the post and didn't actually read it

Also like to add a new hate of gamer. Playing GoW2 earlier and in a random online match with my friends some squeaker was on the other team going "Oh guys I'm new to this game and all my brother did was teach me how to chainsaw this is my first time playing" then he proceeded to stomp our faces into the dirt and at the end of the match proceeded to call us noobs something along the lines of "Omg i can't believe you lost to me you guys suck this is my first time playing this game lolololol" I had no hate for the kid going into the game but by the end of it i was wishing that the powers that be strike this kid down in fiery nerd rage.
Damn it. But EXODIA (Spell check). I have people like that on my friends list, it is fun to laugh at them. Sorry the reply is so late but I haven't been on the forum for ages.

spa21788

Sep 30, 2008
Magnikai said:
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
Americans

I REST MY CASE !
Oh, how about I hate on everyone that isn't American just as a counter point to that? But then I'd get banned....awesome rules.

Big flippin' deal, you played with 10 people that were American and they were dicks so now Americans=dicks to you. Thank you for being a 'tard, have a nice day
Not following on from this at all, but I was playing COD3 online a couple years back and these Americans (I'm Irish) began to try poking fun at me. "Are you short and have red hair and drink Guinness and look for pots of gold?" etc.

My response was are you fat and stupid?

Not exactly a nuke below the waist, more just an attempt to show the stupidity of stereotypes, but I must have struck a nerve as all four of them left the game promptly...

Silly Americans :p

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
spa21788 said:
Magnikai said:
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
Americans

I REST MY CASE !
Oh, how about I hate on everyone that isn't American just as a counter point to that? But then I'd get banned....awesome rules.

Big flippin' deal, you played with 10 people that were American and they were dicks so now Americans=dicks to you. Thank you for being a 'tard, have a nice day
Not following on from this at all, but I was playing COD3 online a couple years back and these Americans (I'm Irish) began to try poking fun at me. "Are you short and have red hair and drink Guinness and look for pots of gold?" etc.

My response was are you fat and stupid?

Not exactly a nuke below the waist, more just an attempt to show the stupidity of stereotypes, but I must have struck a nerve as all four of them left the game promptly...

Silly Americans :p
Yeah, we Yanks are a little bit like a glass cannon sometimes. Many of us will dish it out but can't handle a decent comeback. I'm tall and redheaded, so everyone assumes I'm of Irish descent, which I'm not. I get tons of Irish/redhead jokes and I fire back with anything I can think of.

OldSchoolFool

Mar 27, 2009
For me it's the young kids on Xbox Live that use racial and homophobic slurs. It's the reason I game online exclusively on the PC.