Most Awesome moment EVER in a Video Game!

Dodgy

Mar 23, 2010
Without a doubt, the big reveal in Knights of the Old Republic.

Strange that so many people are talking about Fallout 3. Found the game to be distinctly "meh" visually.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
The final scene in Zelda: Ocarina of time, when ganon's castle is crashing, and the controller was vibrating (key word) like crazy. I was with a girl at the time and I replayed the scene three times... You probably get a good idea of the rest.

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
tehweave said:
The final scene in Zelda: Ocarina of time, when ganon's castle is crashing, and the controller was vibrating (key word) like crazy. I was with a girl at the time and I replayed the scene three times... You probably get a good idea of the rest.
I approve of your actions
Good Job

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
sizzle949 said:
First in-game WoW cinematic at the Wrathgate. That actually blew my mind the first time it happened.
Agreed. I was so taken back by it, because it was so unexpected.

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
Scripted: The twist in Jade Empire with Master Li. That made the Revan reveal look like nothing.

Unscripted: Figuring out a glitch to make it possible to beat Oblivion in about 15 minutes.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Bioshock - The main twist.
Bioshock 2 - The climax of the intro video.
Mass Effect 2 - The intro, there's something about it that I really like.
Fallout 3 - First stepping into the wasteland.
KOTOR - The main twist.
Halo - Stepping out of the shuttle onto the Halo for the first time, looking up and seeing the planet arcing above you.
Portal - The "twist", although everything Glados said was brilliant as well.

Wizco

Mar 29, 2010
Dunno what this says about me,but I was pretty impressed with the Sephiroth Battle in Kingdom Hearts.
Just thinking about it makes me want to play that game once more.
Second on my list would be the boss battle in Resi 4 after which you can pick up the guy's eye.
And thirdly, the barbed wire in Necrovision

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Bioshock - "Would you kindly"

Mass Effect 2 - Intro

WoW - Wrathgate cinematic

Dragon Age: Finishing move on Dragon,Ogre

Henrik Persson

Mar 14, 2010
Decabo said:
Scripted: The twist in Jade Empire with Master Li. That made the Revan reveal look like nothing.
Agreed, that was waaay more shocking. I think it was mostly the delivery that made it so much better. The twist in KOTOR was hinted several times until you finally found out. The twist in Jade Empire came out of nowhere and hit you in the face. Never saw it coming.

Noobstick

Mar 28, 2010
Behold as I use my powers of Paint!
This is TF2's cp_gravelpit map. I'm playing RED (defense) on top of C, when a scout arrives and double jumps onto the middle platform, threatening a friendly demo on the main ramp.

This cannot do, of course, and what follows is awesome:

Yeah. I jumped off the top platform and backstabbed the scout IN MIDAIR, ON MY WAY DOWN (this doesn't sound very impressive until you see how fast the little fuckers can move). I was grinning like an idiot for an entire hour after that.

If we're talking scripted/intended, though, DMC4's Angelo Credo fight is totally awesome and the best boss I've yet seen in a videogame. It's such an intense fight I have been known to play the entire level preceding this guy just to have him hand my ass to me half a dozen times and still gleefully come back for more.
It figures it'd be the only boss in the entire game they don't recycle at one point or another.

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
Blowing up megaton was pretty neat. And then going in to see the destruction.

And first stepping into the wasteland. That was pretty awesome.

Rezfon

Feb 25, 2008
The latest moment I spilled my guts laughing from was at the weekend when I was playing dragon age origins, and Wynne was telling Alistair where babies came from ><

My best moment of gaming was either when I solo healed northrend beasts icehowl (WoW) in 25 man through 6 enrages the day of release or when I went on a massive killing spree in TF2 as the sniper, however the connection to steam was lost so it never remembered my stats :(

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
Sovvolf said:
Commander Sheperd punching out a journalist is a crowning moment of awesomeness.
and then doing it again in the second game.
Anyway "GIVE ME A NAME OR I'LL CUT YOUR BALLS OFF AND SELL THEM TO A KROGAN"