Most Bad-ass way that a character has died.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
What do you think is the most bad-ass way that a character has died? Who was the character and how did they die? And please use spoiler tags.

My first vote is from the New Jedi Order series
Chewbacca died when a moon landed on him. The invading aliens (from another galaxy) had installed a gravity well/pump on a planet to pull its moon in and destroy the planet. Han and Chewie were taking a load of people off-planet as the moon was falling. Anakin Solo (Han's youngest son) had fallen/was still on the ground, and Chewie jumped down to save him. Chewie throws Anakin back into the Falcon at the last possible second before the Falcon had to leave. The very last thing anyone sees of Cewie is him with his arms up in a challenging pose, roaring at the falling moon

the spud

May 2, 2011
Pretty sweet...

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I forget his name, but I'm gonna go with the one guy from Sin City, the one who was given the electric chair.

I'm not gonna say anything else. Look it up yourself to understand what I'm talking about. ;D

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
Spike, from Cow Boy BeeBop. His death was not only bad ass, but awesome enough to cause some manly men I know to well up a little. It also caused me to reconsider my stance on killing the lead in a series.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
One of my favorite video games characters ever, and he dies on the last level, out of absolutely no where.
He dies at about 2:30.

easternflame

Cosmic Rays of Undeadly Fire
Nov 2, 2010
I would say
Martin from Oblivion. Maybe it's that my love for the game is out of this world but he dies in a pretty badass manner.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
When Mooluflaga blocked that shot from the enemy ship just to protect the Arch Angle. I mean yes he does come back in Destiny but SEED was better so oh well. He was a bad ass and died a bad ass

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
I wish I could have found a better video of it, but I cannot sadly.
Tis at around 11:05. He runs on a mine, gets sent flying and lands on another one. Sadly no gibbing.

Baconmaninspace

Jun 8, 2011
Lady Miyako from Akira

She seems pretty frail for most of the series up to that point, and is always the most cool and collected of the characters. BUT THEN Tetsuo mutates into a giant baby and starts attacking her temple, and she holds him off singlehandedly for a few minutes before dying a proud and bloody death. I can't quite do it justice in words. Here's a picture (my apologies for the low resolution, but it was all I could find)

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
What i can think of for the moment is Emile from halo reach as he kills like a few golden elites while getting stabbed through the chest at the same time.

MrMoustaffa

Oct 3, 2010
Dango said:
One of my favorite video games characters ever, and he dies on the last level, out of absolutely no where.
Call of Duty Big Red 1 was one of my favorite games that I played through. Even though most guys didnt play it, I think it deffinitely had one of the better stories out of all of the COD games.

SPOILERS AHEAD--- since I cant remember how to do spoiler tags

I remember that every guy from your squad had a really memorable and sad death. The other really sad one was the big guy who dies breaching a door in Italy. I cant remember his name, but he kicks the door open and just gets ripped to shreds by a bunch of german MG's. All your squad can do is sit there and watch as he flops over the stair well and they open fire on you

Brooklyn's hit the hardest because you knew it was the last level, and you really thought out of all the guys, he was gonna make it for sure. The game ends roughly 5 minutes afterwards too. Not to mention his last words are "I think I might actually make it home from this lousy war" which makes it hit that much harder.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Either that one guy who dies at the end of Dawn of War 2: Retributtion (you know which one I mean)while he's having the punch-up with the demon, or Starkiller in TFU. Both of those are pretty nifty.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
MrMoustaffa said:
Dango said:
Call of Duty Big Red 1 was one of my favorite games that I played through. Even though most guys didnt play it, I think it deffinitely had one of the better stories out of all of the COD games.

SPOILERS AHEAD--- since I cant remember how to do spoiler tags

I remember that every guy from your squad had a really memorable and sad death. The other really sad one was the big guy who dies breaching a door in Italy. I cant remember his name, but he kicks the door open and just gets ripped to shreds by a bunch of german MG's. All your squad can do is sit there and watch as he flops over the stair well and they open fire on you
I believe his nickname was bulldog.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009

Clearly you are all blinded by the majesty that is Vegeta's sacrifice during the Buu Saga. I don't there can be a more badass death if one tried. Although his choice was indeed in vain, it was the personal willpower it required that makes it so damn awesome.