Most Bad-ass way that a character has died.

Takuanuva

Jun 12, 2011
crimson sickle2 said:
vivster said:
and no one said Kamina yet?

i am disappoint

You beat me to it.
FUUUUUU...
But, at least I shall provide the video...
*checks the Youtube for an apropriate fragment*
*only finds japaneese version with spanish subbs*
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Witty Name Here said:
"Double Team" takes the cake if you ask me, I doubt anyone can come up with a more entertaining way to die... I'm not going to say what it is, just watch and stand in awe...

<youtube=TT2aSoIYMUk>
FRYING THE MUTHAFUCKIN' COKE!!!!

omegawyrm

Nov 23, 2009
Batman had a pretty bad-ass death in Final Crisis if you like unnecessarily complicated metaphors. Which I do.

Or a lot of the cast from Fate/Stay Night. Over the three arcs, Berseker, Lancer, Saber, Shirou, Archer and Gilgamesh all get badass deaths, sometimes more than once.

alinos

Nov 18, 2009
twistedmic said:
What do you think is the most bad-ass way that a character has died? Who was the character and how did they die? And please use spoiler tags.

My first vote is from the New Jedi Order series
Chewbacca died when a moon landed on him. The invading aliens (from another galaxy) had installed a gravity well/pump on a planet to pull its moon in and destroy the planet. Han and Chewie were taking a load of people off-planet as the moon was falling. Anakin Solo (Han's youngest son) had fallen/was still on the ground, and Chewie jumped down to save him. Chewie throws Anakin back into the Falcon at the last possible second before the Falcon had to leave. The very last thing anyone sees of Cewie is him with his arms up in a challenging pose, roaring at the falling moon
I actually think it was a decent way to say goodbye to him, since he should go down fighting. God so many of the characters die in that series.

It's funny though i remember people complaining about the New Jedi Order series because of that characters death among other thing's. But the way that lucas keeps shitting on thing's kinda makes it a non factor.

Oh well at least they finished Writing the new jedi order before Lucas Inevitably decides to retcon the entirety of post Return of the Jedi anyways.

Still pissed that the Republic commando book series(Which continued the story) author stopped writing them out of anger, because the TV series the clone wars retconned a bunch of her stuff

RagnarokHybrid

Aug 6, 2011
John Marston died in a pretty bad-ass way.

I mean, Rockstar did a great job leading you on to believe you could kill all the people with dead-eye, only to be shot down in the end--a futile effort.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
There are no words I can use to describe this accurately:

<youtube=cp_Wh5Vz1GI>

So to explain this a little - Dinobot here takes on and BEATS the every single Predacon introduced up until this point single handed (including the more recently shown Transmetal types, one of the newer transformer types at the time), even while sustaining terrible, terrible damage. It was badass enough to be the first fan submitted charecter to make it into the TF Hall of Fame, beating out other fan favourites including Soundwave, Shockwave, Grimlock and Jazz.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Firefly... wait a minute they've been kicking and screaming for a decade now.

While i hate the character, Gremio from Suikoden 1 dies pretty damn heroically. Pushes Mcdohl and party into a corridor that can only be opened with a mechanism in a room that is being filled with flesh eating bacteria... Although when gets resurrected (the game has been out since 1997ish) his dying breath is super fucking lame. "i had a new soup recipe i wanted to try...bleh"
Raditz/Goku. hole through the chest, fucking piccolo.
King Kai*, lol jk... fuck you goku.
Master Roshi
Yusake Urameshi from Yuyu Hakusho. Died so that his friends could reach a higher power. i probably spelled his name wrong and some douchebag fanboy is gonna correct me.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009

First part of the video.

[sub][sub]Never watched this LP, I don't know about it's quality :p[/sub][/sub]

Botzler from Freelancer wasn't very important to the story but he took out an entire fleet by himself. That was awesome.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
Paptimus Scirrocco is killed when the Zeta gundam crashes into his gundam in jet mode, and he bleeds out about several gallons of blood and takes Kamille's sanity with him using newtype mind powers.

completely OPPOSITE from the anti-climatic bullshit death scene from Code Geass.

dantoddd

Sep 18, 2009
Tselis said:
Spike, from Cow Boy BeeBop. His death was not only bad ass, but awesome enough to cause some manly men I know to well up a little. It also caused me to reconsider my stance on killing the lead in a series.
I don't think he's dead

Baconmaninspace

Jun 8, 2011
Cheshire the Cat said:
Baconmaninspace said:
Lady Miyako from Akira

She seems pretty frail for most of the series up to that point, and is always the most cool and collected of the characters. BUT THEN Tetsuo mutates into a giant baby and starts attacking her temple, and she holds him off singlehandedly for a few minutes before dying a proud and bloody death. I can't quite do it justice in words. Here's a picture (my apologies for the low resolution, but it was all I could find)

OT:

Pity I cant just find the scene but yeah, dude goes out like a man.
Aha! I am grateful for this, my friend!

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
dantoddd said:
Tselis said:
Spike, from Cow Boy BeeBop. His death was not only bad ass, but awesome enough to cause some manly men I know to well up a little. It also caused me to reconsider my stance on killing the lead in a series.
I don't think he's dead
No, they made it pretty damn clear that he died. Him falling, his star falling. It was metaphorically clear anyway.

dantoddd

Sep 18, 2009
Tselis said:
dantoddd said:
Tselis said:
I don't think he's dead
No, they made it pretty damn clear that he died. Him falling, his star falling. It was metaphorically clear anyway.
Spike's fate at the end of the series is left open-ended. It is implied that Spike may have died from wounds sustained in his final duel with Vicious and the Red Dragons (the collapse, the fading star, the angelic choir). However, in an interview, Watanabe stated, "I've never officially said that he died. At this point, I can tell you that I'm not sure if he's alive or dead."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Spiegel

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
shinji from p3. he takes a shot from a kid who was gonna kill him because he accidentilly killed his mom