Most Bad-ass way that a character has died.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
scoopz said:
Valkaris said:
I know just about no one has read these books, and I am aware he is not a video game character, but that was not specified.
I would say that Nathaniel's death in The Bartimaeus Trilogy was just about the coolest death of any character I have felt really strongly for.
aw shit, I love the Bartimaeus Trilogy. Deffinately an awsome death.
Yeah, I'm surprised I found a reference in here to that, and I keep getting ninja'd XD

I'm going to have to go with... Why do I keep thinking of awesome death's where the person comes back?!

Okay, I'm going with Theoden. His death wasn't really that awesome, he got squashed by his stupid horse when the Witch-King swooped down, but that charge before was pure epicness

James White

Sep 15, 2010
Robert Capa in Sunshine
He died riding shotgun on, yes I said on, literally the worlds largest explosive device while it was falling into the Sun. A explosion so huge it was to jump start the Sun back to its normal radiance saving all mankind.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
I wouldn't exactly say the death was the epic part, but the kill of Pitou in Hunter X Hunter was easily the most satisfying I've ever seen.

After having killed Gon's friend and mentor, Kite (Gon being the main character of Hunter X Hunter), Pitou lies to Gon and says he can bring him back to life after using his body as a meat puppet to train other minions. Upon arrival at Kite's puppet-controlled body, Pitou tells Gon he lied and all he was able to do was keep his body from rotting. Gon, stricken by grief, falls to his knees as Pitou says he has to kill him now.

Gon then gets a huge surge of Nen (like Ki in Dragonball) that causes him to artificially age to the point where he would be at his strongest in life, his Nen flowing out of him at such a rapid rate it scares Pitou. Gon then has Pitou go outside with him, and Pitou attempts to attack Gon from behind.

The kill: Gon uses a burst of speed to dodge the attack and end up behind Pitou where he kicks his back so hard it breaks, sending him flying straight up in the air. Gon then charges his Nen into his fist, and when Pitou falls Gon punches him so hard it sends him half a mile through a forest, ripping off his lower jaw, breaking his neck, and every other limb in his body until he finally comes to a stop. Gon then proceeds to keep keep punching Pitou's head until it's nothing but a pile of goo.

It was an epic kill and one I've never felt a sense of satisfaction with before in a story.

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
Since some people were interested in more original stories. These are back from my Larping days?

I was playing a Halfing and getting shit faced in a tavern with some friends. Turns out it was the anniversary of the big Huntress coming into town pretty much wrecking face. Door flies open and her and maybe 20 Wolves come storming in. I?m there with a bunch of low levels knowing everyone is fucked. She stops and says she?s there for sport, so will give us a good head start. I convince the others that when we reach the door, run like hell to the others. But I know some of the Wolves, and there is no way we would have all made it. We hit the door and I hear the Huntress scream for blood and I scream at the others to run. I make it about 10 feet when I hear the Wolves behind me. I stop dead and flip around and start throwing everything I have at them. These fucking wolves start spitting acid at me, so I?m dodging acid, claws and jaws, all the while trying to get all of their attention. The Huntress comes out and about a dozen of her Wolves are staggering, poisoned and disoriented. She?s screaming at me, ?what the hell did you do to my wolves?!? and I see the others reach the bridge a few hundred feet, not far from where others are held up. I know I?ve done my job, but pretty sure I?m not going to make it out. I reach for a few more vials and I get caught in the poncho I was wearing. Just then I get hit with a few spits of acid and about 3 wolves reach melee range. I go down pretty hard. For the next 15 minutes the Huntress and crew waited trying to use me as bait for the others, but no one ever showed. As I start tossing my stuff down, I?m getting congratulated by all the NPC?s because they realized exactly what I did. Awesome death number 1.

Playing the same character a different day, I was helping others explore this tomb filled with traps and various nasty. We come to this hallway that is filled with audible riddles with giant platforms. We found out the hard way if you get a riddle wrong, you get squished, and no amount of protection is going to save you. Turns out the traps were protecting a family of Vampires, who we of course inevitably awaken. So they?re none too thrilled that we?ve pretty much ransacked their place and they start beating the hell out of us. They wake up more and more, and we?re out number, out gunned and with little way to escape. I?m not sure how, but I convince them to parlay for just a minute, so I could apologize for what we?ve done. They decide it would be amusing to hear me beg for our lives, because they have no intention of letting any of us go. They gather around me and I tell them the answer to the riddle is cheese. None of them realized they had all walked on to an activate platform. I take out about a half dozen or so with me, and the remaining players manage to fight off the rest and escape while the remaining are trying to figure out just what in the hell happened. Awesome death number 2.

Now that I think about it, I?ve never had a bad death with that character.

A friend a mine played a warrior mage type. He and some others were trying to fight through this castle filled with all manner of crap. They get to the point where they need to bail, there?s simply too much to deal with. And way too much is chasing them down these narrow hallways there?s no way they could have gotten out. So he throws down a wall of force, which he?s required to stay there to maintain the wall. His buddies turn back to try and help, but he?s yelling at them to run, because he won?t be able to take much more damage. He buys them enough time to get out; I thought that was pretty cool.

There seems to be a theme here; as long as you sacrifice yourself to save others, it will be badass. Even if you get utterly reemed in the process.

Ronarch

May 30, 2011
GTA: San Andreas. Big Smoke's death.

I mean, he was shot 30 times while playing video games in a drug fortress, and STILL lived long enough to call C.J. the top dawg!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I would have to go with that A-wing pilot from Star Wars: The rturn of the Jedi. Sure he scream like an idiot but at least he die by crashing his ship into the command bridge, taking everyone with him.

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
I'd say this:

I know he didn't actually die, but I argue that he was reborn after that and his old persona "died".

D Builder

Jun 6, 2011
Kind of old hat now...but those death sequences in Mortal Combat were revolutionary at the time:

Heart pulled from chest
Characters being impaled

Blood everywhere...and I remember when they had to clean it up, and they had to add some sort of ferry dust instead of blood for some vids. Hahahaha... FINISH HIM!

WildManBill

Sep 26, 2009
William Overbeck other wise known as Bill from Left 4 Dead. He dies taking on THREE tanks at once to save his friends. EPIC! (He was also my favorite). I thought about Victor Reznov from Call of Duty, but I still think he secretly managed to survive the prison escape.

Commander CC

Apr 1, 2009
John Marston's epic death when he was having a horseback shootout with some bandits and accidentally shot his own horse and went sailing off a cliff. I'm fairly sure this is the canonical ending.

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
So many to choose from and I have to pick one?

Davy Crockett at the Alamo, captured, beaten savagely allies around him all dead, and he still has the gall to offer Santa Anna one last chance to surrender. That all evidence points to that narrative being a myth is irrelevant. the myth itself makes Senator Crockett one of the most bad ass men real or fictitious.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Redlin5 said:

First part of the video.

[sub][sub]Never watched this LP, I don't know about it's quality :p[/sub][/sub]

Botzler from Freelancer wasn't very important to the story but he took out an entire fleet by himself. That was awesome.
FOR RHINELAAAAAAAAAAND!

Love that game so much. Gotta give Botzler props for his sacrifice, but Ozu blowing up Tekagi's Arch takes the cake in my opinion, even if Hakkera did steal the show not 10 seconds later.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Xiado said:
Whitebeard from One Piece. That BAMF had half his head blown off and kept fighting, in addition to being stabbed, slashed, shot, and hit by cannons hundreds of times. (He was half-giant)
You know, when I first saw this thread, I instantly thought of Luca Blight. Then I saw this post. Fuck Luca, going with Whitebeard as well. Pike in his chest, half his face blown off, and STILL MURDERING GUYS WITH EASE.

Goddammit I love One Piece.

Adamc-mh

Jun 6, 2010
Z of the Na said:

Clearly you are all blinded by the majesty that is Vegeta's sacrifice during the Buu Saga. I don't there can be a more badass death if one tried. Although his choice was indeed in vain, it was the personal willpower it required that makes it so damn awesome.
His death was so bad ass there but I always found his death in the Frezia Saga to be a little sadder

Adamc-mh

Jun 6, 2010
Also I have no idea how to do the spoiler thing so SPOILER:

Gray Fox-Mgs1 Most badass way ever to die his lines as well make it so good

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Mettking said:
Zero's last fight from Zero 4
Hmmm I gotta go with Zero's death in Megaman X5. That was until they brought him back in X6.

Kinda killed the mood there Capcom