Most Beautiful Video Game Location?

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
The plane crash from Bioshock (PS3 version. Not to flame, it just did it better than the PC or Xbox cos they updated it for the port).
The water looks so beautiful with the fire playing on top of it.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Digital_Hero said:
im gonna be honest here: I booted up a new world in minecraft and I spawned in the middle of a forest. On Fire. Most breathtaking scene i've ever bore witness to in a video game, and the real kicker is that i'll never see it again. ever.
That's awesome. For me, I built a lighthouse in Minecraft that you could see across the sea during night; in addition, there is a line of torches outlining the shore. Now that is some beautiful stuff there during night.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Bulletstorm had some wonderful vistas. Usually i tend to frown upon games that use the incredibly cheap Unreal engine to give the illusion of high fidelity, but they did some incredible things with Stygia. I love the manic-dystopian world they have created.

Just Cause 2 had a pretty lush setting. Nothing like looking out to the horizon and crystal clear waters in a tropical paradise, or my personal favourite, parachuting down from high up and really taking it all in.

Revolution -X-

Aug 27, 2010
I'm gonna go with New Zack Island in Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. It's got a wicked environment, in my opinion (And no, I'm not talking about the breast physics that immediately come to mind).

Revolution -X-

Aug 27, 2010
Revolution -X- said:
I'm gonna go with New Zack Island in Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. It's got a wicked environment, in my opinion (And no, I'm not talking about the breast physics that immediately come to mind).
Alternatively, I've also been charmed at the Hotel in Hotel Dusk: Room 215. No idea why.

tlozoot

Feb 8, 2010
Many of the places in Final Fantasy XI. Really felt like I was exploring a huge, teaming world and I'd often spend hours getting myself killed just trying to access new places.

Ian Howell

Apr 7, 2010
Definatly farcry and farcry 2 thought the jungle beaches savannah e.t.c were stunning especially when it was sunset in farcry 2.

TheDarklite

Nov 26, 2010
Walking out of the vault in Fallout 3.

All that destruction and devastation is just sooo... chillingly beautiful :)

Maximus Prime

Jul 10, 2010
I just got Just Cause 2 and I have to say that it's got some really impressive visuals.

Red Dead Redemption would be my favourite for beautiful locations and environments though. I remember when I first got to Mexico I had to ride along the border to get to the nearest city. I was cruising along on my horse when it started to rain and a song (not sure which one) played faintly in the background. My explanation doesn't do it justice, it was beautiful.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Definitely most locations in the assassin's creed series. Starting from the first game, Jerusalem looked great and so did Damascus and it was nice seeing older Damascus since I have been to that city (it is a beautiful city). Florence, Venice, Tuscany, and Rome were all beautiful to look at in AC2 and ACB. Also, Raputure; it was very well designed and beautiful in a creepy way.

TheKramers

May 26, 2011
Digital_Hero said:
im gonna be honest here: I booted up a new world in minecraft and I spawned in the middle of a forest. On Fire. Most breathtaking scene i've ever bore witness to in a video game, and the real kicker is that i'll never see it again. ever.
The same thing happened to me! I certainly wouldn't call it breathtaking though, however awesome it was. Oh and there was lava pools on ground level there too.

TheKramers

May 26, 2011
TheDarklite said:
Walking out of the vault in Fallout 3.

All that destruction and devastation is just sooo... chillingly beautiful :)
Damn, I can't find the like button, where'd that son of a ***** go?

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
There are several absolutely stunning views in Oblivion, but the best one is the view from Dive Rock in the north-east mountains.

I also love a few of the ones previously mentioned, such as, Red Dead Redemption, escaping the Vault in Fallout 3 and most of everywhere in the first Assassin's Creed.

halomech15

Nov 7, 2010
Driving along Mission Beach and Grand Ocean Road in the new Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. It makes me think I'm in a badass '80s movie.