Most Beautiful Video Game Location?

Feb 13, 2008
Gemore said:
I remeber just staring at the sunrise on Naboo in galaxies once. Man that game *used* to be good
Most MMOs have remarkably good sunsets. As if certain programmers spend weeks getting the sunsets just right.

KaizokuouHasu

May 19, 2011
I'm a real fool for any scenery that has snow in it;

Final Fantasy 6: The intro credits scene! Also, the whole place surrounding Narshe.
Final Fantasy 13: The frozen place right after the pulse vestige battle.
TES3-Morrowind; Bloodmoon expansion: Solstheim. Glorious!
TES4-Oblivion: The northernmost province of Cyrodiil on highest graphical settings.
Minecraft: maps with the right texture packs (but, that's what I've seen from gameplay as I've not played it myself)

You get the point. I like snow.

PessimistOwl

Jan 19, 2010
That's an excellent question. Some environments are really well made. A few that come to mind firstly are Red Dead Redemption and oblivion. Mainly because the colors are so vivid and lifelike and every inch of land seems like it's something special. However, I can also see Rapture from bioshock included in the mix. Mainly because they were trying to set the environment as something special. Being both underwater and in the sixties. THey pulled that off excellently and, in turn, set up an entire world for you.

Nichael Bluth

Jun 26, 2011
Intro to Rapture, at the beginning of Bioshock. The water, the fire, the building, and the soundtrack, oooohhh the soundtrack...

Foxpack1

Dec 23, 2010
Just Cause 2- Panau (everywhere)
Oblivion- Everywhere (other than Bravil)
MIRRORS EDGE
Nightfire- Night Shift mission
KOTOR- Unknown World
Assassins Creed- Acre

Markgraf

Apr 1, 2009
I'd like to say Twilight Princess's Hyrule. For some reason, I really liked the aesthetics, it was brown and bloom done RIGHT, and really complemented the style of the game itself. Plus, Sunrise in that huge Hyrule Field, while riding Epona was amazing.