Most Beautiful Video Game Location?

Pelephant

Jul 25, 2010
Simple enough question: what would you say has been the most breathtaking, beautiful video game location you've ever seen? (For example, Venice in Assassin's Creed 2 or something like that. That was just off the top of my head.)

Digital_Hero

Jan 27, 2010
im gonna be honest here: I booted up a new world in minecraft and I spawned in the middle of a forest. On Fire. Most breathtaking scene i've ever bore witness to in a video game, and the real kicker is that i'll never see it again. ever.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Pretty much any place in Eternal Sonata. Even the sewers were beautiful. But if I had to choose, Tenuto Village. I wish a place like that existed in real life.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Running across Hyrule Field as day changes to night in Ocarina of Time 3D is absolutely gorgeous.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
Crysis....
All of it.
Every single local, with the exeption of the *SPOILER ALERT!!!* Iced over jungle. That is just plain frighting.

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
The landscape in Mass Effect 2's Overlord DLC is probably the most disgustingly purdy thing I've ever seen in a game. Your computer even points it out.

emptyother

Feb 12, 2008
The planet of Na-Pali (Unreal).
And the desert of New Austin and the forest in Blackwater (Red Dead Redemption).

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
The megaton explosion in fallout 3...
so beautiful... muahahahahaha. Some of the places in oblivion are really nice, like those random waterfalls and the sunsets.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Prince of Persia (2008), after cleaning out the Corrupted. Especially the windmill area. Absolutely beautiful IMO.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
The witcher 2 had some incredible moments. Especially the very beggining, where you participated in a huge siege, rolling in a siege tower across the desert, as arrows rain all around you.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
I have a soft spot for Nolun/Norune village in Dark Cloud (anyone who recognises me will notice that I've been posting about Dark Cloud a lot recently, and that's because as a 10 year old game, it is still magnificent). For one, there are plenty of ways to design it, secondly, it has such attractive houses and stuff, and that doesn't even count that you get to place a river through it at your discretion. It just has that home-y feel to it, and building it yourself just makes it that much better.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
halofreak123 said:
If you want to put a spoilertag on something, type [ spoiler ] *Text Here* [ /spoiler] without the spaces. In your case it should look like:
Iced over jungle. That is just plain frighting.
OT: I think that Halo 3 had some purdy levels, like The Ark.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
The forest around Flotsam in The Witcher 2. Also, some of the more eerie caves with ancient ruins from Oblivion, especially with improved texture mods installed. Some of those caves are rather spooky, especially if you're stealthing about in the dark and come face-to-face with a skeleton or some other undead as you round a corner.

Dagnius

May 3, 2010
I found Just Cause 2 to have stunning scenery, Especially the rivers and coastal areas. I was really surprised at how well the game looked considering how massive the map is, usually it seems the larger the open world, the more the quality decreases.

http://terminalgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Just-Cause-2-Scenery.jpg

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Gotta agree with the other mentions so far and say that the Forest around Flotsam in The Witcher 2 is breathtaking. I really enjoyed that segment of the game.

Other than that ever since I played the game in beta I've always had a soft spot for Ashenvale in WOW to such an extent that when I played briefly after Cataclysm came out I was genuinely sad to see how much of it had been destroyed. Filthy Horde warmongers! Ah well. Wasn't enough to keep me around beyond that one month to see the new content, but I'll always have fond memories of the place and that absolutely beautiful original soundtrack still brings a silly smile to my face when I occasionally bring it up on youtube for some soothing background music.

Oh, and 'The City' in the Thief series. Bit of a cheating answer considering the entire series takes place there, but hell, it's all one city, it technically counts.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
erbkaiser said:
Prince of Persia (2008), after cleaning out the Corrupted. Especially the windmill area. Absolutely beautiful IMO.
That's what I was going to say, too, except that my favorite part (visually) was the Alchemist's playground, with all the rotating platforms and hot air balloons. Also, the music did a lot to complement and amplify the sense of beauty in those cleaned-up areas.