most crazy instance of unexpected cosplayers

chefassassin2

Jan 2, 2009
I was working in the cafeteria of a college as a second job, and one day I went to check the line to see if I needed to put out more food, and a group of cosplayers walked through with trays and got dinner. Not so crazy, but it was just bizarre to see a bunch of people dressed as random anime and game characters trying to eat their dinner with crazy gloves, headdresses, and whatnot.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Whoolpurse said:
soren7550 said:
I remember on the last Halloween I ran around dressed as the red scout from Team Fortress 2, screaming and waving a bat about. I recall that everyone on the subway was staring at me like I was a nutter, and that one guy who let me go through a turnstile before him, I turn to him and say in my best Brooklyn accent "Yo, thanks a lot.". Guy stairs at me and runs off.

Running through the streets and jumping in front of people while screaming and waving a bat around was hella fun and I hope to do it next year, but with more people going at it Team Fortress 2 style. (pics of me as red scout below, in spoiler box due to size.)

Are you on facepunch? I swear I've seen those pics before.
Nah, I never even heard of it before. I have posted the pics on gaia online and the imdb before though.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
DaBozz said:
EmileeElectro said:
Oh my... *drools*
I spy a vincent valentine fangirl ;D
You spy correctly XD
I have a Vincent Valentine doll and a poster which took me ages to find T_T plus a little version of his gun XD I'm so sad, but it's cool.
That guy is a work of art though, it's not fair how the Japanese pull Cosplaying off so well.

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
EmileeElectro said:
You spy correctly XD
I have a Vincent Valentine doll and a poster which took me ages to find T_T plus a little version of his gun XD I'm so sad, but it's cool.
That guy is a work of art though, it's not fair how the Japanese pull Cosplaying off so well.
Respect to you, vincent is amazing. (shame his game was not a little better)
and yes his gun "cerberus", the one in that picture is dammed pretty. D=
that guy is an "okay" cosplayer, I have seen some very good vincnets in my time.

(Im not sure if im going off topic, so sorry if I am D= )

kwdav

Apr 28, 2009
DaBozz said:
@kwdav: you should PM me what armys you run and such ;D
be cool if we could meet up for a game one day .
indeed sorry i had not replied been busy last couple of days and hadnt noticed the posts.

also the armies i collect are crimson fists and speed freak orks.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Interestingly enough, although I've never seen cosplay anywhere in real life before, though I've seen photos, I'll actually be doing it myself in a few weeks time. Here in Leeds there's a tradition - the most challenging pub crawl in the world (sorry Australia, even you guys don't have anything as bad as this). About three miles and twenty pubs and bars, including two on my own university campus, and then traditionally followed by a night of clubbing in the great nightlife of Leeds. It's known as the Otley Run and most people start it at around three in the afternoon, finishing at about eleven at night. So named for the road it stretches along, the Otley Road from Headingley into the main city centre.

Anyway, a friend's 19th birthday is coming up in mid-June so I'm staying in Leeds for a while after the exams are over to celebrate, and loads of people from back home are coming up north to join the fun. Usually fancy dress, the theme for us this time is Pokemon. That's right, a ton of drunk Brummies and Leeds students will be rampaging around in Pokemon outfits. That's about as close as I'll ever get to actual cosplay, since acting doesn't count.

By the way, anyone know a good way of dresing up as Tangela? Preferably a costume that won't fall apart when I get wasted...

CakeDragon

Mar 10, 2009
I was in Cornwall once and I randomly saw Naruto walking down the street. I was like, "eh?"

kwdav

Apr 28, 2009
Trivun said:
Interestingly enough, although I've never seen cosplay anywhere in real life before, though I've seen photos, I'll actually be doing it myself in a few weeks time. Here in Leeds there's a tradition - the most challenging pub crawl in the world (sorry Australia, even you guys don't have anything as bad as this). About three miles and twenty pubs and bars, including two on my own university campus, and then traditionally followed by a night of clubbing in the great nightlife of Leeds. It's known as the Otley Run and most people start it at around three in the afternoon, finishing at about eleven at night. So named for the road it stretches along, the Otley Road from Headingley into the main city centre.

Anyway, a friend's 19th birthday is coming up in mid-June so I'm staying in Leeds for a while after the exams are over to celebrate, and loads of people from back home are coming up north to join the fun. Usually fancy dress, the theme for us this time is Pokemon. That's right, a ton of drunk Brummies and Leeds students will be rampaging around in Pokemon outfits. That's about as close as I'll ever get to actual cosplay, since acting doesn't count.

By the way, anyone know a good way of dresing up as Tangela? Preferably a costume that won't fall apart when I get wasted...
wow good luck getting through that i know i couldnt do that as im crap at drinking, also i would very mutch like to see a large group of drunk people dressed up as characters from pokemon, it would be interesting to say the least.