Most disturbing thing you've ever seen in real life?

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
TehCookie said:
Living animals with rotten flesh and maggots. That is sick and disgusting and any owner who lets their pet get infected in maggots needs to face some animal abuse charges. I've seen my dad die of cancer, my brother attempt suicide by cutting, but maggots is still the worst. It's like a moving corpse just waiting til time runs out.
Having spent a good portion of my childhood on a medium sized sheep farm, i can attest to the fact that this is very disturbing indeed.

I agree with your comment about pets, but just so you are aware (if you aren't already) a sheep becoming fly blown can happen so fast that it is almost impossible to catch every potential case in amongst thousands of sheep. It can literally happen within hours especially in lambing season.

It is horrible, disturbing and depressing, and unfortunately very rarely treatable. It more often than not ends in the poor animal being destroyed.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
There was a long time where my sister wouldn't flush the toilet after having used it.

So. I've seen some serious shit [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o].

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
I once watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy.

I still cry myself to sleep.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
Does the World Trade Center coming down count? If so, well, yea. Pretty horrifying, I must have blocked it off as a child to stop any damage, but still. It's undoubtedly the worst thing I've seen in my life. My grandfather passing away after a heart attack was peaceful.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I've gotten some texts from a (then) girlfriend and then as an ex that caused full blown panic attacks.
Relationship stuff like that is a real big trigger for my anxiety.
Edit: I know it doesn't seem like much, but anyone who gets bad anxiety attacks knows how bad it can get.

This one girl I was "talking to" once sent me a link to Truegore. Fucking disgusting.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
axlryder said:
It's not your fault, it's a case of wrong place, wrong time. Don't carry it with you.

One of the worst things i've seen was when my dad was in hospital after a car crash years ago, we had ot go through the head trauma unit to get to ICU, and i saw this one man, his chainsaw blade had snapped and taken out a large section of his face, one eye, crushed the bone in his nose, i think it took out two teeth and this just fleshy gash the length of his face diagonally. I was 5 at the time.

I've seen about a dozen car accidents in less than 4 years, one woman was killed in one.

I'm not that willing to share more so please don't ask.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
A cat flopping on the road, bouncing left and right, neck broken right after being hit by a car, at an intersection on my way to work. I still try to keep all my cats (I have a few) in the house, especially the young ones.

Aslyn

Jan 22, 2012
I worked at a burn clinic in Haiti after the earthquake. I'm just gonna leave it at that.

FurinKazanNZ

Dec 30, 2009
I saw a dog getting raped. Well I biked past the gate of a house where there was one dog yapping and squealing and trying to get out with another dog on top of it... you know.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I once saw a cat get run over by a car, then slowly die, flopping back in forth in horrible pain from being crushed. That was about it, but it was still pretty horrifying. :p

EDIT: Oh, and I have seen a huge amount of awful road-kill (as in, deer on the side of the road torn open, guts everywhere), but I have honestly seen so much it doesn't bother me much anymore. :\

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Well... If you count things that my memory repressed so bad that I can't remember details other than the fact that it happened...
When I was raped when I was 5 or 6

One thing I would never wish on even my worst enemy.

Other than that, WTC Coverage, and less tragic but still disturbing, I watched my Stepdad skin rabbits, well not just skin them, but hang up a live rabbit by it's feet,smack it with a 2x4, drain it, and proceed to skin it. As soon as the skin came off I was out.

And my family was standing around as if it was entertainment. I understand that it was for food, and if forced I could probably butcher an animal, but I was 9 or 10 at the time and I was very VERY squeamish(still am). No it didn't make me a vegetarian. I still enjoy my tasty, tasty animal murder. :p

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
I'm awfully lucky in that reguard. The only thing I can recall was walking past a disfigured, crippled beggar once in Marrakesh. I only remember thinking "His legs are like sausages someone's been taking bites out of", and wondering what could've been the matter with the poor man.

I did help kill and prepare chickens at the farm next door once, but it was only disturbing for a while. You know, they lived a good chicken-life up to then and everything.
I have been visiting relatives in the hospital, but it wasn't what I saw that disturbed me very much, it was the smell. Whenever I think of that horrid hospital smell, I flare my nostrils and my heart starts beating. I'd take the cloggiest, pooiest sewer in the world over the hospital...

Aye, I'm a very lucky man, all things considered...

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
That depends. I was able to shrug off most nasty things I saw....some disfigurement, couple of burn victims etc.
First thing that comes to mind though was the time I got hit over the head by a 50 pound iron lid. I was 12 at the time, but I remember very vividly how I stumbled woozily towards the school bathrooms to clean myself up. When I got there and looked in the mirror, matted hair and entire face covered in blood I thought "Holy crap my parents are gonna kill me"
All in all I was lucky. Doctor that stitched me up told me if it had hit me a couple of inches lower I would've surely been paralyzed. Now when I look back on it I'm surprised how little I was scared or worried when it happened. Carefree, silly kid :)

Zeren

Aug 6, 2011
I found my mother gasping for breath on the couch and in immense pain. I had to call 911. By the time they got her to the hospital her heart had stopped twice and was brain dead. I was asked to make the decision on if we should pull the plug or not. I was 17 at the time I made that decision.

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
One that I can remember was when I was doing parkour and one of the people I was doing it with smashed his shins into a sharp wall at high speed. Man there was fat and blood dripping out of his shins. I expected blood to come out but not other things lol. Anyway, he decided the best thing was to do was pull his socks up really high to try and hide it....Yeah.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I work in a Pathology Lab so I have seen (and touched) every part of the human body. Everything from eyeballs to livers to brains and hearts and entire limbs. Add the words gangreen or cancered or infested or what-have-you to the front of any of those and there's a good chance I've seen it too.
Yet the most disturbing thing I have ever seen was that severely overweight dude cosplaying Sailor Jupiter at Supanova a few years back sweating up a storm and panting like a doberman. And Jupiter was my favourite God damn...

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Remus said:
A cat flopping on the road, bouncing left and right, neck broken right after being hit by a car, at an intersection on my way to work. I still try to keep all my cats (I have a few) in the house, especially the young ones.
While I get the anxiety (my own cat died in my arms after being hit by a car), you cannot keep cats cooped up in a house. They're territorial predators. It's in their nature to roam and hunt. Denying them that is the same as having a dog and never taking it for a walk. They either get hyperactive, or overweight. It's just cruel to keep them locked away. I'm sorry but I have to say it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Probably when I saw a salmon gasping for its life when my dad held it out (a friend caught a fish for my parent to cook).
Yes it's not disturbing if you are a fisher or see something like that normally but that was the first time I've seen an animal I'm going to eat soon. No it didn't change my view on eating meat but I suppose it could of been if I were to see that everyday or make me got used to it.