arc101

May 24, 2009
Hoxton said:
arc101 said:
Hoxton said:
the day avenged sevenfold was formed
I have taken this far too seriously... But you're right
In A7x We Trust!
Woo... The rev is a god! no, he is the drum god.
Everyone, join the church of the holy A7x
We shall be called ..the church of the avenged

gh0ti

Apr 10, 2008
In human history (and in no particular order):

1) The invention of writing
- pretty obvious that one
2) Greek survival against Persia
- essentially maintained and allowed the formation of the ideas behind the Western World
3) Roman victory in the Punic Wars
- paved way for Roman domination of Europe
4) Crucifiction of Christ
- again, pretty obvious
5) Fall of western Roman Empire
- allowed the formation of European nations, growth of individualist philosophies
6) Islamic expansion of 7th Century
- paved the way for all kinds of things, crusades, modern middle-east tensions etc.
7) Discovery of Americas
- birth of early-modern age, colonialism sees European countries begin to dominate world
8) Invention of Steam Engine
- industrial age made possible, paves way for modern world
9) Battle of Trafalgar
- ensures that the British Empire becomes dominant force in the world, spreading of English language and ideals
10) Allied victory in WW2
- 'triumph of liberal democracy' - shows democracy to be the most effective form of governance, leads to massive global economic growth

Garggh. Probably shouldn't think too hard about this or my head will explode - missed so many important things and this list is totally western-centric. Oh well, with more space I'd have included something about the printing press and a whole lot about China.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Well, you could say invention of writing, since that's when history started...

Otherwise, whichever point in Christ's life you consider the founding moment of Christianity, since whatever your view on religion, no other ideology had such an impact on history.

gh0ti said:
10) Allied victory in WW2
- 'triumph of liberal democracy' - shows democracy to be the most effective form of governance, leads to massive global economic growth
Yeah, cause the country which contributed most to the defeat of the Third Reich (and had a not insignificant role in Japan's defeat, too) on the Allied side was your typical liberal democracy...

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Chuck Norris
The extinction of the dinsours. Such a tragedy. I want a pet t-rex but i cant have one cause they are all dead ;-;

SniperWolf427

Jun 27, 2008
Defyant said:
SniperWolf427 said:
Obviously the day our lord and savior, Richard Garriott, was brought to us.
That's Lord British to you, knave! /cuts up SniperWolf427 with a glass sword
Ah! How could I have been so foolish? I will burn for all eternity because of my pure ignorance! Forgive me Lord British, for you are the only one who can. /dies a terribly painful death while dining upon his own intestines in an attempt to pay for his sins.

Zero-Vash

Apr 1, 2009
Bry-Bry said:
The slicing of bread
Wouldn't the creation of bread be just a lil above that?

But I think the most important thing would be the creation of the high five.

RoboWiz

Jun 4, 2009
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
Douglas Adams

TikiShades

May 6, 2009
Edited the first post. I took a World History class; the creation of the universe probably didn't happen there.

Matronadena

Mar 11, 2009
I personally would say it would have been the Cretaceous-Tertiary Mass Extinction event...followed closely by the " little ice age" that brought on the dark ages, and lasted until the late 1800's due to the massive effects it had on humanity in a geo-political, and social way.