Most impressionable anime

standokan

May 28, 2009
I loved from the very first second, most I love full metal alchemist, but I haven't seen that many anime, especialy compared to the other comments on this forum, and now I'm totally gonna watch Neon Genesis Evangeleon to fill up that empty hole that cowboy bebop left.

Jillyjally

Dec 10, 2010
Bokurano. My goodness, Bokurano. I've only read the manga, but I love that series for reasons I don't quite know yet.

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
Elfen Lied left an impression on me.

Mostly an impression that it's not hard to piss away all the potential for an anime in a few, short minutes. Usually it's a good hint that the anime is going in a bad direction when the original creator isn't involved and the director decides that the anime plot line is bad and then proceeds to liberally amend it.

Beebop is your quintessential anime. High production values, an insistence not on catering to the otaku crowd too much, great plot line and generally just believable. Outlaw Star comes in a close second, but mostly because it fails to meet those same expectations. Trigun is worth mentioning too.

Evangellion is some hot shit too. You can't not watch that and not feel something. Probably either rage at the ending, or depression at what leads up to it. Do not marathon this- it's a skull fuck in the most literal of senses, and if you disregard what I say be prepared to go digging. After the initial series they released a few movies (Death and Rebirth) that amends to plot line that had to get cut amongst a dwindling budget and general criticism for the content of the anime.

And appropriately Gurren Lagan is a highly appropriate anime to watch after Evangellion because it symbolizes a revitalization of sorts for the whole mecha genre and an awakening from a depression that Eva set into.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Most anime I finish, and if it's good, I feel a little sad that it's done. Neon Genesis Evangelion is the only anime I've watched and had trouble watching new anime afterwards because a part of me felt that anime was completed by Evangelion.

zz_

Jul 15, 2010
Code Geass. The end of that show is probably the best (and most fitting) end to any anime I've ever watched, and the entire show is a masterpiece of badass. Lelouch is the boss.

Jun 26, 2009
Code Geass, 100% Code Geass. That ending is the best ending to an anime I've seen so far.
A mention of Gurren Lagann for it being so goddammed awesome.

BoredKain

Jan 3, 2011
Im easily impressionable, but "She, the ultimate Weapon" made me cry and emotionally scarred for weeks.

The end scene is so tragic...

Oh and Excel Saga. Epic.