Most memorable opening line in a game

Draitheryn

Jan 20, 2010
"Given the choice, whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire; or to challenge the fates for another throw - a better throw - against one's destiny... what was a king to do? But does one even truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars. "

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Swyftstar said:
Ron Pearlman's openings for Fallout games are always pretty cool.
Damn, ninja'd on the first post. I actually used those lines for my final paper in one of my classes.

Other than that, the opening to Mask of the Betrayer.

cmrobbins86

Oct 1, 2009
I still have to go with

"I've been having these weird thoughts lately....Like is any of this for real, or not?"

Kingdom Hearts

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
probably the opening to Gears of W-haha no no...

aftohsix said:
Assassin's Creed 2

"It is a good life we lead brother" -Ezio's brother

"The best. May it never change." -Ezio

"And may it never change us." Ezio's brother. Cue sweeping orchestral score.

First time I can say I felt like I was playing a movie
yes! I started Assassin's Creed at 2, and I will say it really did hook me for good right around that point :]

peruvianskys

Jun 8, 2011
Yeah, like everyone seems to be saying, COD 4's opening line of "50,000 people used to live here. Now it's a ghost town. I've never seen anything like it." is really pretty great. Half-Life 2, Fallout, the first voice over in Thief 2, and the intro to Hitman 2 all stick with me as well. Also I don't know if it counts but about half an hour into Saints Row when you jump out of the helicopter definitely counts as one of the best "LET'S DO THIS" intros ever.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Cortana, all I need to know is did we lose them.

I think we both know the answer to that.

(That is also the most memorable closing lines in a game)

Busdriver580

Dec 22, 2009
Shodan's opening monologue in System Shock 2 is easily the best intro dialogue to a game ever,and fairly memorable too, considering its one of very few I remember. The way it syncs up with that electronic whining is creepy.

Anthony Abney

Mar 16, 2011
"War. War never changes. Or does it? The war has changed. Did it? The answer is no. Unless it is yes. No, of course it is, is war. Yes. No. Yes?"

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Ugh lets let my inner fan shine.

The intro to World of Warcraft will stick with me forever.

Infact the intro cinematics to World of Warcraft Vanilla, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King have all been utterly timeless.

Cataclysm...egh.

Thomiroth

Mar 17, 2011
I found myself walking through a deep forest, in a thick fog. How did I get here? I should have been home by now... Suddenly, I saw a bright light before me. It was the hotel.

I miss that game...

Freedon Nad

Feb 5, 2009
some guy already started it, but
"Wake up, wake up, my friend, it's the dawn of a new day and we have things to do!"
Hitman: Codename 47

Fallout is great too.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of Pokemon

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
omicron1 said:
"Kharak is burning."

*cries*
I was wondering how long it would be before Homeworld made an appearance. Glad to see it was the 1st page.

"The Scaffold has been destroyed. All orbital facilities destroyed. Debris ring in low Kharak orbit. Receiving no communications from anywhere in the system. not even beacons..."