Most milked franchise

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
In my opinion any game franchise that has more than 3 sequels without really adding anything compelling to the Story.

Resident Evil
Silent Hill
The Legend if Zelda
Mario
Metroid, this franchise could have been made into something GOLD.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
basically everything made by Nintendo
EVER
EVEERRRRRR
just... stop...
those games, they suck so much

Galaxy Roll

Jul 28, 2011
I will buy Legend of Zelda games from now to the end of time no matter how terrible they may be.

Though I will say Star Wars and Mario.

RyanDodd

Jul 30, 2011
Call Of Duty
Zelda
Mario
The Sims franchise (lot of expansions thats for sure and the few games that has several
really shit 'new items' add on packs that add nothing to the game)

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
William Catching said:
ChupathingyX said:
William Catching said:
Warhammer 40K: Halo, only darker and better
You do realise that W40K has been around way longer than Halo has, how can you compare it to Halo?
WOW! IT'S LIKE I DIDN'T KNOW THAT IT EXISTED BEFORE HALO AND WASN'T MAKING A REFERENCE TO SOMETHING PEOPLE KNOW?! THAT'S AMAZING!!!
You'd be surprised how many people are unaware of how old W40K is, no need for the sarcasm.

Sampsa

May 8, 2008
Sims series. I've lost the count of the expanssion packs I've seen or heard of.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Vigormortis said:
I know some will argue that Final Fantasy doesn't count because it's been around for more than a decade, but that doesn't change the fact that there's been well over twenty different games, remakes, reboots, and spin-offs within the series. Over twenty. At this point, even as they announce more titles to come, it's painfully obvious Square-Enix is milking the franchise.
Reboots?

Considering how most FF games don't follow the same story how are they reboots? And no, starting a new story each time is not a reboot, as a reboot should follow the same plot as the game it is based off.

Anyways I agree that Square-Enix are milking the franchise, something which is very clear from movies like Spirits Within.

When that is said though I do not thing AC has been that milked yet, they are still going strong on the main story (And the spinnoffs to game boy and such was very normal to do back in the day so not a milking)

Games like Halo on the other hand have been milked way to much. The main 1-3 games being one story, but NOOOO thats not enough lets crap out other rehashes of the same because fans will buy it. And now Microsoft states they will make 4-6 also...

How about something new instead Microsoft?

StorytellingIsAMust

Jun 24, 2011
If Nintendo's franchises are the most milked, then where's the new Star Fox game? I've been patient!!

Anyway, to stay on topic: Star Wars, Halo, Mario, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Madden, and FIFA are the obvious ones. Kingdom Hearts is getting dangerously close to being dangerously milked. Between Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, Birth By Sleep, Re:Coded, and the Final Mixes of KH1 and KH2, if the upcoming KH3 does anything but bring closure to this convoluted mess, then I might consider blowing up Square Enix.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Pokemon.

No way you will ever catch em all...Nintendo will be catching all of your money first.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Call Of Duty and Halo.

Call Of Duty because they keep making "THESE" monster games that suck and keep making more.

and Halo because well...oh well MC is finished, OH WAIT, Halo 4!

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Definitely Star Wars. Six films, dozens - if not hundreds - of books, tv shows, comics, Christmas specials :)P), more video games than there are stars in sky, and an extended universe spanning four thousand years.

Of all that, there are maybe three good films, and, what, twice as many worthwhile games? If that doesn't reek of being a commercial cash cow, then I don't know what does.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
If it doesn't have Neca & Kotobukiya figurines & statues, it clearly hasn't been milked enough.

b4k4

May 2, 2009
OhJohnNo said:
I am surprised by all the people not saying Madden or FIFA. I mean, not that this makes them worse at what they do (if you like sports games), but haven't they had a yearly release schedule for ages, and changed little for many, many installments?
This was going to be my response as well. I haven't had much exposure to FIFA for a while now, but I used to play Madden a hell of a lot with my cousin. Can anyone honestly say out there that there is a legitimate reason for releasing a new Madden every year other than making sure they still have all the players' names on the right teams?

b4k4

May 2, 2009
Aurgelmir said:
Games like Halo on the other hand have been milked way to much. The main 1-3 games being one story, but NOOOO thats not enough lets crap out other rehashes of the same because fans will buy it. And now Microsoft states they will make 4-6 also...

How about something new instead Microsoft?
To be fair, the only 'rehashing' going on with Halo is the re-release of the first game, which was being specifically asked for by Halo's fans, so Microsoft/Bungie/343 can't really be blamed for that.

Reach, ODST, and Halo Wars were all independent narratives from the main trilogy, the only difference between those and the different iterations of Final Fantasy that you were refuting that other guy about is that they still take place in the same universe as MasterChief's adventure.

And as for the new trilogy, fans have been asking to find out what happens to MasterChief after Halo 3's last cutscene, too. You can go ahead and blame Bungie for that one though, they could've done something with a bit more closure to wrap that game up. If it makes you feel better, it might follow the path of Star Wars and have the second set of 3 be horrendous in the eyes of fans and forever disillusion them with the franchise....

Oh, and believe it or not, I'm more of a Final Fantasy fan than Halo, most hardcore Halo fans will tell you I'm a 'stupid n00000000bzorz 1o1' (actual quote), because I've played Reach and ODST more than the main series. (Never had an original Xbox, and some buddies ruined Halo 3's campaign for me because they pulled me into co-op legendary the first playthrough, and wouldn't shut the hell up during any times where I'd be able to catch what was going on. Yeah, that was my first online gaming experience....)

geier

Oct 15, 2010
Most milked franchise are the Nazis.

Not even ALL Mario, Zelda, Call of duty, Star Wars movies/games combined are near the amount of movies/games made with/about Nazis.

I dare to say, even zombies are less often the enemy in movies/games than nazis.
Think about a world without the nazis, we wouldn't even habe first person shooters, because, i remind you, the first FPS was a game about KILLING NAZIS.