Most milked franchise

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
TEMHOTA said:
Halo... Micro$uck, let it die already.
why would they let the best selling series on xbox die? I certainly don't want to see it die and neither do other halo fans.

The Breadcrab

Mar 20, 2011
Star Wars (it wouldn't be so bad if they put some effort into it every once in a while)
Resident Evil (Do I need to explain?)
Transformers (there's a new TV series every year or so, and the franchise just feels like a cash-in right now)
Assassin's Creed (now we're having one or more each year with little to change in each)
Call of Duty (self-explanatory)

Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk used to be milked as f*** until they died. (no wonder!)

DigitalAtlas

Mar 31, 2011
Call of Duty. It's worn out.

Devil May Cry. It's done Capcom, move on.

Assassin's Creed. It was supposed to be a trilogy. At least Bioware is keeping their word with Mass Effect.

Bebus

Feb 12, 2010
Dragon Age.

Yes, it only has two games.

But the second was such a cash in.

Don't get me wrong. I loved DA2. But by god, I have never played such a blatant milking of a franchise. Next time Bioware, take more than 6 months to make an epic story of a hero.

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
Halo,CoD,Final Fantasy,Silent Hill,Resident Evil,Star Wars,Fifa,PES,Madden, Mario, Zelda.

I think I got alot of them

PorkChopXpress

Huzzah!
Aug 8, 2010
COD is too easy.

Mario maintains some relevance with some fun games every once in a while, Sonic on the other hand is pretty irrelevant now in anything that isn't a direct throwback.

For me though, it's got to be Madden games, or any sports game really that's only a roster update.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
I should amend this thread by requesting people to not point out the obvious cash-ins. You know the ones I'm talking about.

OT: I honestly feel that it was Portal 2. Valve should have come up with a different portal-puzzle based game--different characters and different setting. I know valve have capable people working for them, had they not taken the easy way out, "Portal 2" could have been so much better than it already is.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Anyone who says Halo or Call of Duty before Super Mario Bros. is a biased or ignorant fucktard who only hates things that are popular because it's trendy to do so. Mario has the most games of any character ever and when you include Mario-related spinoffs (such as Warioland, Warioware, Luigi's Mansion, etc) Super Mario Bros. also the highest proportion of terrible shovelware to games that are actually any good. Then there was the awful feature film.

Star Wars is next in line. 6 films not to mention the constant butchering and re-editing of the original 3 until they fit George Lucas' "vision", which only proves he's a hack director and got lucky with the original trilogy in the first place. Countless games on almost every video game platform in the history of video games. We've been fighting the Battle of Hoth since the Atari 2600 and we'll probably do it again on the Playstation 4 and Xbox 3. I've played Star Wars on the NES, Super Star Wars on the Super NES, Shadows of the Empire on the N64, Republic Commando on the XBox, Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 on the PS2, Lego Star Wars (both prequel and original trilogies) on the PS2, Lego Star Wars The COMPLETE Saga on the Xbox 360 - not to mention my long history with Star Wars games on the PC: Dark forces, Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight 2/Mysteries of the Sith, Jedi Academy, X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, Rogue Squadron and even fucking Yoda Stories which I'm not even sure was a real game. For all I know some fan made it in Klik 'n' Play.

Matt Wood

Apr 29, 2011
i would say pokemon
isint there like 20 games spanning over most handhelds
and a tv series that should have died 16 series ago?

EBHughsThe1st

Nov 18, 2009
Madden.

Mario may have tons of games, but almost all of them have a few years between them, a new game mechanic, some new design choices, or a complete gameplay overhaul.

Same goes for the other Nintendo franchises.

Call of Duty might be released every year, but you can tell they took the time out to make new maps, polish and tweak the performance, and make a new campaign. Sure, there is a lack of innovation, but you can tell they had some effort.

But Madden....it is the same game. Every year. Every freaking year. Almost no new content, save for the roster and occasional mechanic change, and all of it looks the same. And year after year they still release a new one. Almost no change.

People here complain that something that runs for a long time is milked, but I say something that is the SAME FUCKING THING EVERY YEAR is being milked more than Halo, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, CoD, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, or anything really.

And it's made even worse seeing as the Madden games aren't very good.

sean360h

Jun 2, 2010
TEMHOTA said:
Halo... Micro$uck, let it die already.
adding dollar yen or any other form of currency symbol doesn't prove anything and if you don't like halo fair enough but doing the $ony n?nt?ndo or micro$oft just makes you like like a fanboy of the other companies and its kinda annoying to read it

EBHughsThe1st

Nov 18, 2009
mb16 said:
NeoStar said:
Halo. I can't believe pezople would ignore a franchise that does nothing different each game, yet rank on Mario, a series that at least mixes it up every time! And you can't just say "Thatz diffurent, n00b! Peepul want mor Halo, Mario iz 4 n00bz!" Because, last I checked, every core, RPG and sports mario game has been a fun, addictive hit using various formulas. Halo? It relies solely on online play with just adding a few new weapons to old gameplay. They should of had enough after 3, but 4, 5 and 6? I guess Microsoft just knows that if it has Halo in its name, it'll sell like hotcakes and no one will be allowed to criticize it on the internet without getting flamed.
I myself am readying myself for the flamestorm to come...
here is your order of flame sir
yes as there massive differences between this:

and this

apart from some art changes
The later game is styled to be like the older ones. Why not compare Super Mario Galaxy 2 to Super Mario Bros.?

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
Call of Duty. At least with Mario each new addition is different. You have the 3D platformers, the 2D platformers, the RPGs, the Mario Party series, and even the quirky sports games (this from a guy who hates sports games). But COD does the bare minimum of a change for each sequel and not all of the change is that good.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Sgt. Sykes said:
Half-Life. Valve has based all their reputation on one game and have been selling it (and it's mods) ever since.
Ahahahaha, you're funny.

It's not like Valve put out Portal, TF2, Left 4 Dead, or anything else with a very high critical reception in the past ten years. Oh, wait...

Also, as much as people want to believe it's Call of Duty or Guitar Hero, which were literally milked to death, the most accurate answer is Street Fighter and Mega Man. Go ahead, count the number of itterations and spin-offs of either one. It's ASTOUNDING. Sure, SF has mostly remained good, and Mega Man has made a come back, but doesn't change the sheer insurmountable figure of how many titles they both have. (Last I checked Megaman was around 45 releases)

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Final Fantasy and Call of Duty

Halo is not milked, it may have some stuff like an action figure or shirts, but alot of shit does that.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Kermi said:
Anyone who says Halo or Call of Duty before Super Mario Bros. is a biased or ignorant fucktard who only hates things that are popular because it's trendy to do so. Mario has the most games of any character ever and when you include Mario-related spinoffs (such as Warioland, Warioware, Luigi's Mansion, etc) Super Mario Bros. also the highest proportion of terrible shovelware to games that are actually any good. Then there was the awful feature film.

Star Wars is next in line. 6 films not to mention the constant butchering and re-editing of the original 3 until they fit George Lucas' "vision", which only proves he's a hack director and got lucky with the original trilogy in the first place. Countless games on almost every video game platform in the history of video games. We've been fighting the Battle of Hoth since the Atari 2600 and we'll probably do it again on the Playstation 4 and Xbox 3. I've played Star Wars on the NES, Super Star Wars on the Super NES, Shadows of the Empire on the N64, Republic Commando on the XBox, Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 on the PS2, Lego Star Wars (both prequel and original trilogies) on the PS2, Lego Star Wars The COMPLETE Saga on the Xbox 360 - not to mention my long history with Star Wars games on the PC: Dark forces, Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight 2/Mysteries of the Sith, Jedi Academy, X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, Rogue Squadron and even fucking Yoda Stories which I'm not even sure was a real game. For all I know some fan made it in Klik 'n' Play.
I don't believe in Halo being milked and I do believe mario is milked alot but it isn't necessary to call me an Ignorant Fucktard because I believe Final fantasy and CoD are milked more.

Regardless, if anything milks more than any Franchise, its the Cars franchise. Poor Pixar, being forced to make something just to get some money for a bigger, better movie.