Most obnoxious enemies in video games.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Mountain Lion in Red Dead Redemption. Holy fuck, I hate the sound they make now.

Oh, and the little rabbit things in Braid. They always killed me, and they weren't integral to any of the puzzles. They were put there to do nothing but piss people off.

Nanissimov

Feb 17, 2009
The_Blue_Rider said:
Sean.Devlin said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
Sam17 said:
Deathclaws...see them at early levels...they've already seen you and you're already dead
Oh yeah i forgot about these, i remember my second playthrough of New Vegas. Just walking along exploring with lvl 3 character dressed in leather armor and toting around a mighty 9mm pistol.
Stumble across a place called primm pass and im like "oh yay a shortcu- OH GOD THERES DEATHCLAWS AH GOD THEYRE RAPING ME!!!!!!!!!"
There's no way you would have time to say all of that. :D
Somehow there was, i miraculously survived the first blow, but then the second one got me :(
I encountered my first Death Claw at level 5 and they had nothing on me, probably because i stole everything from everyone i met and saved up to buy a rocket launcher, but that's not the point, I killed that thing and it boosted me half a level

Zergadooful

Sep 30, 2010
Super Mutant Brutes in Fallout 3. I had to use a shitty hunting rifle that takes 6 headshots to kill for most of the main quests. They just keep hitting you from miles away with assault rifles that have infinite ammo.

I don't really have a problem with Enclave soldiers, I just get sneak criticals with my plasma rifle.

fates_puppet13

Dec 20, 2010
in no particular order

1) shodan
cause s/he wont stfu about howmuch better s/he is even when your beating him/her within an inch of their virual life

2) dante in dmc 4
as much as i love dante he is an obnoxious arrogant dick
but that all goes with the charm

3) imperial guard in oblivion
STOP RIGHT THER CRIMINAL SCUM!
every bloody time

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Nanissimov said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
Sean.Devlin said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
Sam17 said:
Deathclaws...see them at early levels...they've already seen you and you're already dead
Oh yeah i forgot about these, i remember my second playthrough of New Vegas. Just walking along exploring with lvl 3 character dressed in leather armor and toting around a mighty 9mm pistol.
Stumble across a place called primm pass and im like "oh yay a shortcu- OH GOD THERES DEATHCLAWS AH GOD THEYRE RAPING ME!!!!!!!!!"
There's no way you would have time to say all of that. :D
Somehow there was, i miraculously survived the first blow, but then the second one got me :(
I encountered my first Death Claw at level 5 and they had nothing on me, probably because i stole everything from everyone i met and saved up to buy a rocket launcher, but that's not the point, I killed that thing and it boosted me half a level
what difficulty were you playing on, and was it like a young deathclaw? cus i couldnt fight one till about lvl 14

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
ReservoirAngel said:
Despite them being technically easy, the Corrupted in Prince of Persia from 2008. Particularly the Concubine. Fuck I hate that ***** so much.

It's just their combos...in fact its their whole combat style. You have to hold RT while they deliver a 24-move combo, then when they change states and you try to move in to get in range for an attack, as soon as you let go of RT they immediately attack you lightning fast.
I hated those fucking bossfights so much... and then I had to endure each one 5 times. 5 damn times! Man that game pissed me off.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
JWRosser said:
Any army above "easy" difficulty in an RTS game.

I want to build an army! Stop sending wave after wave to attack me!
Of course, once you have withstood their waves, their base is defenceless....
To expand on that, I would say the AI on any custom map in Starcraft. How the fuck are you able to Zerg Rush me 2 minutes in???

Melon94

Dec 19, 2010
Everything that has mutated from a human in every S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game ever made, and that will ever be made. It's still a great game though.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
canadamus_prime said:
JWRosser said:
Any army above "easy" difficulty in an RTS game.

I want to build an army! Stop sending wave after wave to attack me!
Of course, once you have withstood their waves, their base is defenceless....
To expand on that, I would say the AI on any custom map in Starcraft. How the fuck are you able to Zerg Rush me 2 minutes in???
Back in the day in BFME1 when Orcs were free to create...never go up against a >Medium Mordor army unless you're hasty at defence building...

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Spiders. Any game, shape or form.

Either they have a snare mechanic, or they have a poison mechanic or god forbid, both. If it's the kind of game you have to aim they are small pesky little things that are impossible to hit and there's always a truckload of them. If it's really bad there's a spider level with badly designed webbed tunnels where you can't see jack sh*t because the camera is broken.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
The_Blue_Rider said:
Satyrs in God of War, so...much......rage
WorldCritic said:
Satyrs from God of War for obvious reasons.
Casual Shinji said:
The Satyrs in the God of War trilogy.
I don't remember ever having a problem with the Satyrs, what was it that bugged you guys about them?

The vertical spinning blade columns, on the other hand, drove me nuts.

Linkmoon

Jul 31, 2009
Fire red remake of pokemon when they put gary in as the 5th boss i tossed my ds and didn't play it for about 3 months

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
Lepers/madmen/drunks in Assassins Creed. Some may not see them as enemies, but they are the bane of my existence.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
ReservoirAngel said:
Despite them being technically easy, the Corrupted in Prince of Persia from 2008. Particularly the Concubine. Fuck I hate that ***** so much.

It's just their combos...in fact its their whole combat style. You have to hold RT while they deliver a 24-move combo, then when they change states and you try to move in to get in range for an attack, as soon as you let go of RT they immediately attack you lightning fast.
I hated those fucking bossfights so much... and then I had to endure each one 5 times. 5 damn times! Man that game pissed me off.
I didn't mind em so much. Like I said, they weren't "hard" exactly, just frustrating. Plus Elika being a pissy ***** about how close you need to be to the fucker before she attacks it just makes it more annoying than it really needed to be.

Though to be fair, aside from the Concubine, they are all pretty cool. I actually felt bad for killing them in the end, since they are all essentially just twisted, manipulated puppets of Ahriman. I feel most sorry for the Warrior and the Alchemist

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
Satyrs in God of War, so...much......rage
WorldCritic said:
Satyrs from God of War for obvious reasons.
Casual Shinji said:
The Satyrs in the God of War trilogy.
I don't remember ever having a problem with the Satyrs, what was it that bugged you guys about them?

The vertical spinning blade columns, on the other hand, drove me nuts.
Yeah those spinning blades almost broke my controller, and i dont have many memories of the satyrs cus i played GOW a few years ago, all i remember is they were tough mother**#*(@*$@#$&*(#%