Most obnoxious enemies in video games.

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
Either the ants or the Tommy dolls in Zombies Ate My Neighbors. The ants move parallel to you unless you're facing them (in which case they just charge), so it's impossible to get around them without using up a ton of ammo, and they walk off with items lying around (and then despawn when they move offscreen, because that's how games were back then). Oh, and they're the size of an SUV. The dolls are tough, fast, small targets, and don't know when the fuck to die.

More recent game-wise, I'd probably just say gravity.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
Hunters from prototype! even near the end of the game, where your all powered and leveled up. Its that stupid, unblockable, rush move they have. if it wasn't for the hunter dirtnap, I would of broke my controller.

Casimir_Effect

Aug 26, 2010
Trigens from Far Cry.
Any enemies which explode upon death.
Boss monsters in Diablo 2 who are Multiple Shot and Lightning Enchanted.
Illithids in Baldurs Gate 2.
Mages in The Witcher.
ANY form of big, floaty eye-thing from The Last Remnant.

and Xan Kreigor, the ****.

GameOverGoblin

Feb 3, 2010
Fuckin' Tentacool. Every time I go out for a leisurely swim with my Lapras (in the game of course) I get bombarded with a maelstorm of Tentacool every two seconds!

obscuredlimits

Sep 1, 2010
Right on with the mages in Dragon Age: Origins. Those annoying little bastards... if the difficulty is above normal, they become the largest assholes in the game.

obscuredlimits

Sep 1, 2010
Right on with the mages in Dragon Age: Origins. Those annoying little bastards... if the difficulty is above normal, they become the largest assholes in the game.

ntw3001

Sep 7, 2009
Swqeel from Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. Coconuts was pretty bad, but I hate this guy. Look at everything about him! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhI0XEgOfzY] His expression in the selection screen, that bizarre opening comment, and most of all his obnoxious dance when the beans start to build up on the the player's side. For ultimate justice, watch that video from about 1.15-1.30.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Bosses, especially as it concerns Batman: Arkham Asylum. They're obnoxiously derivative; Scarecrow is an exception.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Take a look at an enemy list for Ninja Gaiden. Every enemy seems custom made to piss you off, special mention to the damned birds for having the most annoying placement possible

S_K

Nov 16, 2007
The A.I. director in left 4 dead... seriously if you let this thing go all out it's like the biggest troll EVER.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Can't recall any at present, except System Shock 2, since I just played through that.

Robots as pure-PSI. Ow. Why won't they die?

Okay, so you can stun them or whatever, but that gets expensive. Actually caused me to invest in pistol skill for AP rounds later. Best decision I made in the whole game (incidentally, the worst one was probably my choice to go pure-PSI).

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Blue or any other rival in the Pokemon games. Why?

There have been so many times where I am low on HP after doing a large number of battles for a big mission (like taking down Rockets or something). After all that is said and done, I turn around to get to a Pokemon Center. I remember on at least two or three different occasions, that rival-bastard would suddenly appear and challenge me to a battle, wiping me out and making me look like a chump. Yea... doesn't take much to beat a man when he's down... asshole.

i7omahawki

Mar 22, 2010
The blue-bloody-turtle shell in MarioKart.

You may not consider that to be an enemy, but I sure do.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
The rats in the Tower level of Psychonauts.

Basically, they are tiny little creatures that are very hard to spot that hit you and explode, knocking out a fair percentage of health. Then they also hit you with a 'confusion effect' that makes the screen all blurry and fuzzy and inverts the control set up to make you move and attack in the opposite way you used to.

Worse still, they always travel in groups. So if the first one gets you, you are more or less helpless while the rest of them run into you and blow you up. So basically it can be an insta-kill.